Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thats pretty much how I expect my battles to go hence I'm not really rushing in to fight your 4 doom stacks, besides I get an advantage if I fight defensively which increases my chances. On your other side you have Mictlan who you can't ignore.

I need a video of this battle to study it, I made the dumb mistake of not having a scout there to see it.

Are you admitting in public that you are willing to let your allies die while you wait for Helheim to get you in your turf?

What the hell man

Also, I seriously doubt Helheim is gonna bother to fight Mictlan as Mictlan is hellbent on the tragically difficult work of finishing me off. If a miracle does not happen.

yes I am still alive

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I think you're baiting me to reveal strategy, which would be against my interests.

My question is why is Helheim not attacking us?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I think you're baiting me to reveal strategy, which would be against my interests.

My question is why is Helheim not attacking us?

Why would I attack you guys when I can wait and dictate the terms on my own turf, near my forts, labs, supplies, and mages? I didn't declare war on any of you, after all(Did Grimwulf? I don't think so).

Why would I attack into Pangaea, ever, with GoH up? Only reason would be to secure the thrones necessary to win, and I am not close to that right now.

Why would I attack Fomoria, when they are content to get slaughtered attacking me?

Why would I attack Lanka when their lands are a pittance and not worth the distraction?

I'm in the lead in every category except globals and thrones(some friends have helpfully shared graphs, and it's not particularly close). No reason to do anything until I see a chance to win the game.

As an aside, I don't need another enemy in Mictlan, and Mictlan is probably not ready for a big war....but is fast approaching it because late game Mictlan summons everything and it's good dear lord we're dead reasons.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Oh yea of course, Grimwulf takes Marverni and shares graphs with you. Coolstory.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I postponed 48 hours, but tbh I'm sort of over it anyway - just got back from my holiday and started new job, someone want to take over for Pangaea

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Like, for whatever reason I'm not thinking about the game, not looking forward to the turns, not really interested in diplo - just really lost pleasure playing it. The carousel of subbing contributed to that, but mostly it's IRL stuff.

sqeecoo

Arcane
My takeover of Pans could be arranged.

You ok with it, Isiloon?

oh hai Mictlan.

Hi.

I dunno, this is getting a bit ridiculous. If you switch out all the players of a game, is it still the same game? Perhaps Dayyalu could rotate through playing all the nations in turn.

Also I still don't understand your apparent grudge against my poor Mictlan that wants nothing more than to be left to practice human sacrifice in peace.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey now, I am more or less doing what Grim would have done, except with less efficiency. Helheim is the same old blood saccing, corpse raising monstrosity at war with most of the known world that you all respect and fear.

Grif

Learned
Quite a mess this is turning out to be. So anyone has a list on who's who now so I may direct diplo appropriately?

THAT aside, I may have to ask for a sub in the coming weeks, because surprise, it's my turn to go on holiday. :lol: (I'll get one of my mates to sub, likely enough.)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Quite a mess this is turning out to be. So anyone has a list on who's who now so I may direct diplo appropriately?

THAT aside, I may have to ask for a sub in the coming weeks, because surprise, it's my turn to go on holiday. :lol: (I'll get one of my mates to sub, likely enough.)

Well I am Helheim, formerly Machaka, but I wish I were Mictlan.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Well I am Pangaea, formerly Berytos, but I wish I were Starspawns.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Long extension for Dayyālu ? I am ready whenever, just doing some diplomacy.

I guess if anyone wants to make peace, speak now or forever hold your...peace. :positive:

Dayyālu

Arcane
The extension is thanks to a Windows Update that managed, beyond my comprehension, t9 corrupt my OS install, corrupt or disable all my backups and managed to cripple all options for a clean install. A perfectly fine laptop mangled beyond recognition, not even cconsidering the loss of a year and half of personal data. Maybe unrecoverable.

And this was a scheduled win update. I am very upset by this (almost grieved, you may say, because wasting hours of my life and failing to recover my data greatly saddened me) but I will find a dominions capable PC soon enough.

I am sorry.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
And this was a scheduled win update.

First it gives you options of "do it naw" or "remind me later".

Later it's "do it naw" or "remind me tomorrow".

Tomorrow it's "do it naw" or "gimme one hour to close my shit".

And finally it's "DO IT NAW, ALL YOUR VODKA IS HOSTAGE".

Win updates always break something in my experience. But this one went seemingly without consequences... I hope.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yes, but I had Malware that did less damage than this. I lost roughly everything of any value (pdfs and work texts, pics, videos, movies, music).

Recovery has been borderline hilarious.

Apparently my entire collection of North Korean music survived unscated. The Great Leader, ehrm, protects? I'll require the entire weekend to get back on the saddle though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom