Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress DECLINE 22: Primitive Proliferation

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What, a rollback? Oh, come on! Xibalba was fucked up already, there is no saving it at this point! Tiny nation with no hopes to ever develop. Sure, Muty could restrain himself from going all suicidal on me, but then I'd probably attack him myself, coz he wasn't even trying to diplo. Hell, going AI made it actually harder for me to conquer Xibalba!

Farkin' hell, I actually had some good events and lucky battles for once. And now it's all gone. Goddamn you, Dayyālu!

:negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thank Muty .

I'm not going to start another chain-AIing because you don't feel it. No harsh feelings, simply extremely poor etiquette. Let's find a sub.

EA Xibalba is insanely strong, should not be a problem.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yes Grim Xibalba was fucked already, I messed up and lost my main army on that throne because I fucking made a mistake. I didn't try diplo because there was no point in doing so at this point, you took the throne and boxed me in, that attack was just one last deseperate attempt to do something. I didn't gift the game on purpose.

So yes you can thank me because some autistic retard decided to restart the game and fuck me over. Its extremely poor etiquette to restart the game after we already started, but I guess I'm not autistic enough to understand your reasons, also when 2 people already tell you that Xibalba is fucked up, maybe you can bother to check the position and see for yourself that its hopeless. Anyway you may not have harsh feelings, but I do. Die in a fire.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Thank Muty .

I'm not going to start another chain-AIing because you don't feel it. No harsh feelings, simply extremely poor etiquette. Let's find a sub.

I agree that Muty made a mistake, same as coldcrow in Decline21. He could ask for a sub before going AI, but let's be honest here - who would sign for a 5-province nation with no allies, resources and any hopes for a better future?

After his last post about sad Valentine's I was pretty sure he reconsidered and decided to keep playing.

But what he did wasn't reason enough to rollback! :x You've set Mighty AI for this game, which isn't unbeatable, but it's still pretty damn ridiculous! Xibalba would slow me down a great fucking deal! I had no idea how to breach the walls on his walls, thinking of all those crazy numbers of bats holding position inside. It would be an actual challenge this time. By rolling back and giving Xibalba to a sub, you actually giving me an easy blitzkrieg. I didn't ask for this, and now I'm feeling sorry for other players who had a positive turn.

EA Xibalba is insanely strong, should not be a problem.

It's wasted. There is no chance in hell it will ever be strong in Decline 22.

Yes Grim Xibalba was fucked already, I messed up and lost my main army on that throne because I fucking made a mistake. I didn't try diplo because there was no point in doing so at this point, you took the throne and boxed me in, that attack was just one last deseperate attempt to do something. I didn't gift the game on purpose.

I guess I would do the same in your shoes (sudden invasion), but would do it differently. You should have left the Throne alone. Instead, dividing your forces into several 40-bats-parties and attacking low priority provinces would be a better approach. That would probably piss me off, I might have done something stupid in response.

too late now, tho - already set up PD

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
yea i dont really like the restarting but sulking and griefing is a bit edgy

dont throw the toys out the cot, i enjoy playing dominions with you and i appreciate dayyalu administering games even when he fucking restarts (stahp, please)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
i agree a mighty AI xibalba would actually be much more than apyayer

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yes its edgy and I perfectly realise that, I'm sorry that you have to be a witness to it, I meant what I wrote yesterday when I said I'm sorry and I would've stuck around just to send turns and not to ruin the game, but I am genuinely pissed off at him and the way he handled the situation. Highhorsing me and talking about bad etiquette when he himself shat all over this game by restarting it without even asking us if we are ok with it.

I guess I would do the same in your shoes (sudden invasion), but would do it differently. You should have left the Throne alone. Instead, dividing your forces into several 40-bats-parties and attacking low priority provinces would be a better approach. That would probably piss me off, I might have done something stupid in response.

I actually considered that, but was too salty to actually organise my turn, hence the single other attack apart from the throne.

Anyway whatever. I'll stop polluting the thread now. Enjoy your game.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
well I hope you're down for the next game Muty - I sympathize with your frustration, I'm not really a huge fan of executive actions without asking people... but I was adminning another game and being an admin is a pain in the arse as well...

anyway - not defending Dayyalu or anything, i like you both - next game I'll admin and hope you'll participate... you're part of the o.g. dominions crew

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I have to admit that I find the raging (completely understandable <3) slightly humorous because your profile avatar is a space monkey - trying hard not to laugh while I sympathize

:shredder:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
- Grif

An unexpected event has occurred in your game

A pantokrator from beyond the void has sensed a divine entity abandoning it's consciousness to become a cybernetic mighty artificial intelligence, worried about the chain of events this would cause - the pantokrator of the void decided to wind back time by 1 month to undo this action - pause time and find another soul to fill the sentience that decided to become a cyborg

mondblut

Arcane
Yay, werewolves attack 2 turns ago, frost fiends this turn (thanks for rollback!), and I am even misfortune-neutral. :roll:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Go fuck yourself, maybe you missed it last time.

edit:
Don't do this shit again,
There won't be a next time, you can stuff your threats up your ass.

First restart was due to someone sneaking a non-Codex pretender in.
Second restart was due to popular vote. I was not even in favour of it. Read the thread and don't throw accusations randomly. Even better, I counted your post as pro-restart.

Cool down your temper and realize going ballistic on the host simply because he's trying to do his job is a tad excessive. Patala and coldcrow torpdedoed Decline 21 by going AI and I'm not up to see this happen again. If you failed expansion with an atrociously strong nation with Indies set on strength 4, I don't know what to say.

It's not my fault and I'm trying to avoid another game sinking on turn 12.

Check your language and learn that's there is a proper etiquette even in games. We aren't children, putting up tantrums just because. Asking for a sub was the proper thing to do, starting throwing insults at me because I did what others wanted feels unwarranted.

Thanks.

EDIT2: Taking the time to read your messages, ew, we all do have shitty days. It's not an excuse to go full rage on random people on the Net (that maybe had a magnificent Valentine Day also. Just maybe.) . I'm not angry and if you want to bury this properly, we can do it easily.

AFAIK, there is no random nation mod for Dominions 5 yet. But there is a pretty fun mod made by crazy Serbian guy. http://s7.zetaboards.com/Dom3mods/topic/1274067/1/

I had some fun in sp with several nations there.

If someone wants to see what a real bad host is, I can tell you about the RP game done by this guy. It makes me look like Santa Teresa.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I will submit a turn when I get back home, no need to keep you from playing just because. Finding a sub would be really nice as I really really don't want to and everyone that actually borders me already agreed that its pointless. Good luck finding a sub :lol:.

P.S. Just for the record I'm not conceding to Dayyālu he can refer to my previous posts about what he can do with himself.

Infinitum

Scholar
Well, that escalated quickly. Not agreeing with rolling back without consulting the rest of us, but what's done is done. Also namecalling on an anonymous public forum over a game is.. idk, wasteful? I'm pretty thrilled someone actually puts in the extra inches to set these things up. Sheesh.

Infinitum

Scholar
Oh, and tip for the dumbasses (like me) out there who don't save local copies of previous turn files; check your sent emails. The .2h you sent the previous T11 is still good. Wouldn't want unscrupulous players to take advantage of this rare and precious opportunity to scout the future now would we?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom