Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 33 1/3, The Rule of Thirds

mondblut

Arcane
Thus, it has come to pass that the fate of Declinethreethreethirdia was to be decided not on the field of battle, but on the football pitch. In absentia of most D333IFA participants, the finals were to be played between the teams of Mictlan and Sauromatia.

The first leg was played on the Mictlan homeground at Elkland. The manager has chosen an innovative 3-4-3 formation, with ozelotls in both attack and defense, and tzitzimitls in the midfield. The captain and star of the team (surrounded by adoring fans who just wouldn't leave the pitch) was Sigh the Vampire Lord Prophet.

9QFSKbM.png

The captain was fully kitted to cast one useless spell then pass out till the end of the game, leaving the goal to groupies to defend:

tXds8C3.png

Away team went for the rather basic and unimaginative "everyone, Holdthedoor!" formation, fielding 10 ghost defenders:

VjYc4xX.png

The leader of the team was the renowned striker Jinnud the Wraith Lord:

fH9Mpvf.png

You may notice he's got 4 hands and has traces of nature gems in his urine. Russian physicians hired by Sauromatia to prep him for the match claim it's all photo manipulation and banderofascist CIA black ops and "look, a crucified infant behind you!". D333IFA officials are yet to make an official statement.

Mictlan makes a strong start, with ozelotls rushing forward backed up with a barrage of long shots from tzitzimitls (real heroes of this game if I may get ahead of myself). Jinnud removes some of the threats:

eEpHZKv.png

The ozelotl strikers keep masterfully playing a false nine, while the midfield wrecks sauromatian defenses time and again. Meanwhile, the Mictlan captain decides to use an ace up his sleeve and uses all his strength to shut down the stadium lights. Passing out, he releases everyone on the pitch is perfectly capable of seeing in the dark. Hmm, poor idea.

MOgM5s3.png

Mictlani defenders join the onslaught at the flank. Jinnud desperately tries to save the day, alternating between very effective attacks and not so effective spellcasting, but he is but one player in a team that simply refuses to play:

jwenVbl.png

In the end, the ghosts just failed to keep up with creative passing and flank runs by the Mictlan side, and Jinnud leaves the field red-faced.

PM8uCS0.png

The final score is 10:2 in Mictlan favor, and Sauromatia has a mountain to climb in the second leg.

Dayyālu

Arcane
You may notice he's got 4 hands and has traces of nature gems in his urine. Russian physicians hired by Sauromatia to prep him for the match claim it's all photo manipulation and banderofascist CIA black ops and "look, a crucified infant behind you!". D333IFA officials are yet to make an official statement.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep, it was kinda shitty tbh. Killing 50HP Blood Vengeange Regen Mictlan summons is kinda difficult.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What the fuck should I have summoned? Trolls? And the other option wasn't an option 'cause Drain 2. And also how the fuck do I kill 50 HP Regen Blood vengeance Mictlan damage sponges? And Air spam? I can't simply compete.

The option would have been going in without people, but ehrrr rules.

While the fate of the world is decided by football, Ulm-Berytos front wakes up from its long slumber and one long-standing siege is finally lifted. (Sages of Berytos realized its their final chance to play with their abundant toys.)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
While the fate of the world is decided by football, Ulm-Berytos front wakes up from its long slumber and one long-standing siege is finally lifted. (Sages of Berytos realized its their final chance to play with their abundant toys.)

Ulm is still alive? Now that most things are moved, do I bother? :lol:

Things are moving cautiously in this world. I came back from a 20 turn stale streak and had lost one fort to Sauro and another fort was experiencing some probing attacks.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Things are moving cautiously in this world. I came back from a 20 turn stale streak and had lost one fort to Sauro and another fort was experiencing some probing attacks.

It's pretty much pointless, I'm going to shut down the game after I end up the duels with Mictlan.

If you want to join with the duels, good, but consider the only reason I don't have wasted you is because it wasn't worth the effort scripting. When I tried to script my main army we ended up crashing llamaserver (too many mages in a single battle).

Should I script my mages for battle or should I just let them sit in forts researching some more. I know that feel.

and yeah, I don't mind the game shutting down after the decisive football matches.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Alright, thanks for the heads up, no point then. :salute:

Was a good game for a while, and at times. Still not sure about the "let's keep Atlantis alive" movement, and the "let's gang up on Ulm" movement......both mistakes. :lol:

I assume Dayyālu wins? Best position ten turns ago, at any rate.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Alright, thanks for the heads up, no point then. :salute:

Was a good game for a while, and at times. Still not sure about the "let's keep Atlantis alive" movement, and the "let's gang up on Ulm" movement......both mistakes. :lol:

I assume Dayyālu wins? Best position ten turns ago, at any rate.

Mictlan is leading the race for the win 11-3.

But what abut me and KoolNoodles? We were just waiting for the right moment before releasing our invasions on the unsuspecting world. Calm before the storm so to speak.

This is an outrage!

mondblut

Arcane
Why did you kill it? :negative:

You could just go AI and let me handle it at my leisure against the AIs and dead players. I've got like thousands of devils and vampires who never saw battle. In fact I just started an invasion of unprotected Ulm waters. Who knows, maybe the AIs would win in the end.

It's good to know my patience and persistence in the face of everyone else's boredom still wins games, but I wasn't done with it :despair:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom