Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DECLINE (Grimoire Character Editor) Development Thread of Decline

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The editor also loads an incorrect gold amount each time. Or I just have too much because I looted to 200k+ and it bugs out.

Working fine here...what version of the game are you running? Just tried it on .12 and .15, gold correctly shows.

Zep--

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I had to revert. All items in characters' inventories are now marked as critical, and ammunition/secondary weapons are reduced in quantity to one no matter how many you were previously carrying.

This eliminates my confidence in Grimhack and now I have to go back to an OP bard and no fucking Owl Figurine.

Thanks for nothing.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I had to revert. All items in characters' inventories are now marked as critical, and ammunition/secondary weapons are reduced in quantity to one no matter how many you were previously carrying.

This eliminates my confidence in Grimhack and now I have to go back to an OP bard and no fucking Owl Figurine.

Thanks for nothing.

First, it doesn't touch the Inventory bar.

Adding Items via the Equip Slot Hack does mark them as critical. Critical is only a problem if you want to drop or sell them, turn off the critical flag in Grimoire's "Configuration" section. Sell, drop or shove it up your ass after that. After you've cleaned up, enable the Critical flag in Configuration again.

Yes, Item quantities get fucked up, will be fixed in the next update tomorrow. It's High Priority.

Un-hiding Skills fix will have to come later.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Crispy

In the time being, you can move equip with "charges" (arrows, wands, etc")to the inv bar, save, edit what you want, reload game and reequip.

Zep--

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Zep, if you want to be super famous you should start turning this into a cosmic forge like modding utility instead of a character editor. I would suck your dick and shit

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Zep, if you want to be super famous you should start turning this into a cosmic forge like modding utility instead of a character editor. I would suck your dick and shit

No. I'm famous enough. But thanks for the suggestion. Maybe someone else will do it later.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
The editor also loads an incorrect gold amount each time. Or I just have too much because I looted to 200k+ and it bugs out.

Working fine here...what version of the game are you running? Just tried it on .12 and .15, gold correctly shows.

Zep--
I'm on .14. 200k gold will consistently end up as 3713 or 13585. Could be just this version

Probably the version. I didn't even know there was a 1.2.0.14-R, so it wasn't tested.

Why don't you upgrade?

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Crispy

Alternatively (until I fix it), regarding Equipment set as "critical"

Go to each char, drop all their equipment on the ground, pick it up and reequip it. This will clear the "Critical" flag.

Just tested that in .16. Worked fine.

Zep--

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hi Zep, I don't want to see all items in the game for myself to not ruin the game too much, but I am starting a new game and I want to know if there are any special drow items like it says on character creation.

also are there any (powerful) items that require a specific Gender or Race that I should know about when I start a new party? I don't want to get a "cane of corpus" like I did in wizardry only to find out I can't use it since I don't have a Faerie...

BTW there is already a .17 patch

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Rpguy

Probably...I remember seeing some female only...and Jester only things..I don't recall Drow, but probably.

Will be a while before I get around to extracting the new items. The list you see in DECLINE is from the SuperDemo.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Rpguy

I tried extracting the race/class restrictions in the superdemo on items, but my routine took a shit on that. so it only grabbed the items.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I tried out this version on a savegame I have just to increase some stats to get closer to class changing. I have a backup, but every time I try to make any changes to characters, when I get back into the game when my ranger attacks something with his bow, he always shoots his last arrow, no matter how many I have equipped. 128 arrows in one shot gone.

Hey, try this...drop your stack of arrows on the ground (far right square after inventory) then pick back up and equip. (Let me know if that works for you)

I'll be trying to fix this for real tomorrow, not sure how long it will take. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after.

Zep--

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

No. I'm famous enough. But thanks for the suggestion. Maybe someone else will do it later.

Zep--

What are you famous for? You could be Mad God famous.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Cheating yourself Skull Of Hathor Soog crashes when you try to use it in the Temple of Hathor Soog's Skull Pedastal :(

Did you try dropping it on the ground and picking it up then using it?

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
tfw when you're all shit showered and shaved and ready to go to the bar...and the waifu decides to take a long slow bath before she can go....

and only one beer left in the fridge...

Zep--

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
My problem with using this going forward is that as Cleve fixes more things there is more and more potential to foul up an existing (working) save game, rendering it unusable. That's a huge waste of time.

What assurances, if any, can you give me that this won't turn around and bite me in the ass down the road?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Go to each char, drop all their equipment on the ground, pick it up and reequip it. This will clear the "Critical" flag.

I had each and every character strip themselves naked, saved, then I edited that save with what I wanted, then went back into the game and re-equipped. This appears to have worked. Random items like bracers are still normal and not marked as critical.

You still have some oddities in your program, though. The default state of characters when you launch Grimhack is now selected as "Dead?", for example. How rude. I had to clear that state for all eight of them before saving.

So I'm going to continue moving forward, watching this very carefully. I really don't want to have to re-start, but in choosing that over residual character corruption, I'd choose the former every time.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
You still have some oddities in your program, though. The default state of characters when you launch Grimhack is now selected as "Dead?", for example. How rude. I had to clear that state for all eight of them before saving.

That's from editing an old save where I incorrectly set the death flags.

If you want that fixed, send me the save and I will reset the flags for you and send it back. Then going forward you won't have that problem.

grimzep777@gmail.com

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom