Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline26: Come One, Come All

KoolNoodles

Arcane
eEQAoqY.jpg

tumblr_o6nv0hLC9c1ukk0b1o1_500.gif

Hello friends. Summer is dying, it's time to get back to games.

Most of us probably play Dominions on different forums from time to time(I hope), but the Codex group has its moments. When we finish games.

What say you, Codex Dominions player, to a nice Early Age free for all on a standard map? No mods or silly settings. I'll pick one after/if people show interest.

Game: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline26
Double check the settings when it is up. Thrones are meant for a faster game (7 to win, 6/3/0).
Indy strength bumped up a notch(6).
7 Global slots.
HoF 15

Base Map(can also grab it off llamaserver): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a0fmbkohyls2j8k/AAA2VKAqYcy87BWiiPs5cb0ma?dl=0

Updated .map file with new connections etc.(you don't need a new .tga just drop the revised .map file in your maps folder and it should show as PehamV2 when you create a new game), please test some starts! The rivers as outlined by the map can be a little crazy. I have not uploaded this one to llamaserver yet but will do so when the game starts.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TtCiyeKPHv0ugxZTE6vEGPYl9e35zW_b

NO MODS

Map is suitable for 5-7(8 max, unless two are water nations then maybe 9).

Turn timer will start out at 24hr then move to 36/48 some time in year 3.

Dayyalu: Atlantis
sqeecoo: R'lyeh
JagreenLern: Fomoria
Infinitum: Lanka
Joined on the 4th: Mekone
KoolNoodles: Hinnom
Isiloon: Rus

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Aww, I want in but I'm unable to commit atm, too busy... this is probably going to change around mid-september so, considering our usually celerius codexian commitment, I'm not totally ruling this out.

Keepin' an eye on this thread.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Can join. No ongoing games at the moment.

No, I never found another forum.

Help me KoolNoodles, you are my only hope!

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm in, as long as we are not starting before the 21th! Which we are pretty surely not :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Even four would be an ok amount on a smaller map. However, if anyone knows others who might try a game, I didn't tag everybody.

Infinitum

Scholar
I'd like to, but will go traveling for 10 days come september. Anything starting after mid-september I'm game though!

EDIT: Or if someone would be willing to sub from the 1st to the 9th of september.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'd like to, but will go traveling for 10 days come september. Anything starting after mid-september I'm game though!

EDIT: Or if someone would be willing to sub from the 1st to the 9th of september.

I think we all know how subs work(they don't), but I'll keep that in mind. :lol:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

That's the one. Turn based strategy game with scripted "real-time" battles(you don't control the battles, just the orders before they start). It has a lot of fun things to mess with and is quite complex/mind-numbing. Fairly robust online community that plays via PBEM essentially. Though the Discord group is a bit more advanced since they direct host.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sounds too good to be true, so of course I'll look into it. Thanks for drawing my attention.

Just as a warning, the single-player, such as it is, just scratches the surface of the game. The AI is fine, but not that creative, and creativity against human opponents is where the game shines. Also, single player doesn't have diplomacy, trades, etc. Game can be frustrating as well, from a design standpoint(blood slaves, *shudder*). Try to find a demo, unless $$ is not an issue.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sounds too good to be true, so of course I'll look into it. Thanks for drawing my attention.

Just as a warning, the single-player, such as it is, just scratches the surface of the game. The AI is fine, but not that creative, and creativity against human opponents is where the game shines. Also, single player doesn't have diplomacy, trades, etc. Game can be frustrating as well, from a design standpoint(blood slaves, *shudder*). Try to find a demo, unless $$ is not an issue.
Is it impossible to play with rands?

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Is it impossible to play with rands?

Rands? Is that some slang term for computer opponents, or random players?

If the former, no, just gets boring. If the latter, yes. Most games are hosted on llamaserver.net, some groups use direct play(and you can direct play with friends you know as long as someone hosts iirc).

If you get the game and are looking for multiplayer, you should find a forum where people organize games and sign up for one. Feel free to ask questions. Some might want new players, some might want experienced, or a mix, or whatever. Also read the llamaserver FAQ just so you know what you are getting into with most games. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160

The Steam game forums are decent for finding games.
dom3mods is good, but I think they are migrating their forums so be wary of that: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Dom3mods/index/
Althea's Discord group is good: https://discord.gg/QqCBzJs
Likewise with Clockwork Hounds(they do entirely direct connect games AFAIK):https://discord.gg/xRsDh56
Reditt does games, heavy on diplomacy and some silliness it seems.
QuartertoThree used to have a pretty active community, but I have not been there in a while.
We used to be much more active, but alas.

That's mostly it. Multiplayer is a bit wonky and definitely old school, but easy enough to pick up.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Rands = Randoms

MB, should've been clearer. Thanks for the help mate, will definitely look into this when I have a free afternoon.

No problem, I knew what you were getting at. :)

But yeah, you will probably play games on llamaserver(basically PBEM but they host it), and will need to find a good community or several to join games. Mostly that entails registering and then saying, "Hey I want to join this game" when somebody posts about starting a new one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom