Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline26: Come One, Come All

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
The enemies surrounding me aren't barbarians or knights, so it's doable.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
The Mighty Russian warriors, arise to battle.
lubok-russian-japanese-war-03.jpg

"Frightening is the enemy, but merciful is god"

Giants of Mekone declared war on the gods of men, but there's only one god of men in the game. It's just sea monsters, demon monkeys and more giants. :(

It's like nobody was thinking about my roleplaying opportunities while picking their nations. Shameful!

Infinitum

Scholar
Why would the God of the Chudes care about men though? Maybe you can declare war upon the indie gods, those would count, right? Speaking of which, is it just me or is expansion as intense for you guys? Heavy cavalry and elephants and scores upon scores of tribals oh my.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yeah, even UW expansion is a tad difficult. Too many hard indies around, not enuff Atlantean and Mermen provinces.

At least it's not Shark Tribe tritons. Fuckers are murderous.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well I did bump up the strength one notch. Always thought expansion for halfway decent players was a bit too easy. Now I'm trapped by 80 Jade Maidens.

:shredder:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Giants of Mekone declared war on the gods of men, but there's only one god of men in the game. It's just sea monsters, demon monkeys and more giants. :(

It's like nobody was thinking about my roleplaying opportunities while picking their nations. Shameful!

You're always going to have either

A) large monsters
B) strong sacreds

At least during expansion part of the game, normal infantry are pretty worthless without mage support, of course an army of actual soldiers, with mage support - is the strongest force archetype in the game, once you've picked up good spells.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dunno if you have some kind of bless, but like 6 bear dudes should be enough for that, right? I don't know much about Rus, that's just my impression from fooling around in SP for a bit: bearmen wreck indies.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So I kind of like the slight uptick in indie strength because it has made me plan expansion routes and parties instead of go on autopilot. That was my intention, but I realize it might be annoying. Also, how is the map so far, aside from the couple botches start locations?

I also had indie strength listed in the OP, but some people weren't aware. So apologies for not making it more clear.

What do you guys think?

Infinitum

Scholar
Started on the coast, and it feels pretty railroaded so far due to few adjacent non-water provinces, the mountain passes/rivers and a few choice indie provinces. It sure is purty though.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I don't mind the uptick in indy strength, but so far it has actually made my expansion decisions simpler: since you need a bit more troops, I just consolidate into big armies and expand a tad slower. I normally think really hard about expansion, trying to judge whether I can do risky expansions with the bare minimum of troops, sometimes guessing right, sometimes not. Here I just brought overwhelming force.

As for the map, it's really pretty, but I can't say I love the UW arrangement: it's all one big mostly single-province circle around the map, making it horrible for dominion and a huge pain to pursue any UW war, logistics wise.

But we've definitely played way worse maps :)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Would you guys be interested in playing a game with nation mod packs?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I could do another game, but I'm confused enough already and don't really feel like playing with serious mods :)

Infinitum

Scholar
Or just maybe a nice MA game? I still feel as though the vanilla nations haven't lost their appeal yet.

EDIT: That said ya, let's do another game either way.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
What do you guys think about a 2-man disciple game with multiple teams? I don't think we tried that here on the codex.

Infinitum

Scholar
Like.. the one we tried getting off the ground a few months back? I'm still game.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh, right, D25! Yeah, I didn't like the natgen idea so I didn't pipe up there (+ was too busy then). I'd definitely be up for vanilla and maaaaaaybe a mod game like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom