Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline27 - Warminions

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I think Beastmen should dom-summon cross-breed mutants and their shamans should get blood+nature as their main thing instead of nature and earth... and they should get massive boosts to cross-breeding so that's basically the main method of getting troops

No sacred troops for them (they dont really have "elite troops" in the lore), recruit dragon-ogres in mountains and yea, more cross breeding...

I have them as a cross-breeding oriented nation, like being able to get giants reasonably consistently with cross breeding...

Add Morghur as a rainbow mage and Gorthor as a early expansion oriented pretender, on a Chariot with blood magic 2, inspiring and shit like that.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I did indeed upload teh map... oh right, the link is supposed to take you to the map not the source - oops. I'll fix dis.

IxgHmfU.png

Infinitum

Scholar
Looks nice! Can't test it in SP though as most nations (including all warhammer ones) are greyed out. Nation-specific spawnpoints?

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
okay looks like I fucked up again, I'll have to remake the map lol - didnt think it would lock out the starts.... have to tick "generic starts" to make it any nation

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Map is a bit smaller, ~250 provinces is bit too many for 7 or 8 players, don't want another Decline22

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Wow - altdorf... so is anyone going to take them? - sqeecoo ??

Who needs a big bless when you get rocket artillery and cannons that can 1 shot SC's

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Wow - altdorf... so is anyone going to take them? - sqeecoo ??

Who needs a big bless when you get rocket artillery and cannons that can 1 shot SC's

I WAS going to take them but somebody couldn't make up their mind which Empire they were going to be. Altdorf is fun, kinda. Idk about their expensive ass mages though.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Their mages aren't super expensive, maybe 10-20% more than they should be - but that's probably because all of them have +5 research out of the box.

You could make up for that by taking drain 2 and still smoke everyone elses' research capability

sqeecoo

Arcane
Words words words. Where is the blood and battle? I yearn to send my warriors forth with furious mouse clicks!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Testing province placement/connections. Dominion looks...interesting? On this map.

Edit: It's cuz I didn't change Dominion color. D'oh.

uEDfXGX.jpg

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I like how they half heartedly added some kind of slavic tribes in the form of Kislev, but didn't really develop the concept or give them anything that could make them good, compare that to Rus in Dominions - very solid in all eras.

Okay when I come home today I'm going to force start the game, if anyone wants Empire go ahead and take it - would be nice if someone did so we had the main protagonist race in the game and well, the empire is actually pretty good... they have fucking cannons... you can also build uber expensive statues that can sacrifice themselves to summon uber knights with awe... they have access to every path and can summon a arch mage doe every path as well.

Did I mention they have cannons, oh and rocket artillery.

Cannons basically shoot gifts from heaven and rocket artillery fires like 6 flares per shot

KoolNoodles

Arcane
WIP winterized edition using another image of the map(this was the easy route, properly shading the trees etc. and trying to make real "snow" that looks ok.....would take a while). Dominion stretch is huge because I'm only testing ~20 provinces at a time to start. This map is going to take a long time though before it's playable(like all the terrain etc. needs to be added in manually, not even gonna start with province names), and I'll probably get too frustrated. :negative:

But, kinda fun.
6rabvSz.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
If you finish it, I will fix the nations in the WH pack and balance them out a bit - and add some more pretenders, like Sigmar for the empire, Nagash for undeads, the 4 Chaos Gods and Archeon (he was in dom4 warhammer mod, where did he go) ... I've always had this idea to take the Chaos Mammoth from Forgeworld, take off the platform on his back and create a humanoid-demon-beast massive upper body protruding from the mammoths forehead...

Like some kind of uber mammothgor or something, as a pretender god - would be basically a great earth mother, but with more melee attacks, less items slots and blood/nature instead of earth/nature - maybe more like that snake woman titan that Mitclan can get, but with trample, more HP because it's a mammoth.. but can't wear boots and maybe baked in medium armor, but no armor slot

picture of said mammoth for reference, like this as a pretender - minus the platform on is back + plus a Blood-thirster like body sticking out of the mammoths forehead, would be dope as fuuuuuuuuuuuuk - looking at it now, maybe pincer arms sticking out from where the eyes are for extra-chaos mutations... and he has a giant tentacle tooth penis snout thing
latest

Okay starting the game now, hopefully the map/mods arent broken or something.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Also it seems to requre warhammercomplet.dm; the latest version I could find on the steam forums was warhammercomplet04.dm.

What.. foul sorcery is this?

EDIT: just renaming the warhammercomplet04.dm seemed to work, but now I get an error loading the map. It refers to "Decline27_warminions.map(decline27)" instead of warminions.map. Renaming doesn't work. Halp.

EDIT: No, missed an uppercase letter. ... "Error: CMT: no bma". Fucks sake.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Just chop off that "04" bit in the file name and it works fine. Chopping things off: the universal solution to all problems. Khorne is so wise.

EDIT: The map linked on the llama page for the game worked for me.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
No, wait, in the process of creating backups I seem to have a surplus .tga warminions file. Gotta try removing that, a sec.

EDIT: No, wait, that was the non-winter map. The winter.tga has a space instead of an underscore though..

EDIT: Nope. Hey sqeecoo mind checking what your .map/tga files are named?

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
It's BLOOD FOR THE BL Decline27_Warminions.tga, Decline27_Warminions.map, and Decline27_Warminions Winter.tga.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
My file/nation is fucked up. I am starting with 2 useless old age dwarves and 20 craptastic troops. As Itza.

Infinitum

Scholar
The map files linked shows up as "warminions.tga, warminions.map, warminions Winter.tga" for me. Trying to load the game results in the aforementioned error where the game can't find the map file.

Renaming all of them to "Decline27_Warminions.map, Decline27_Warminions.tga, Decline27_Warminions Winter.tga" results in the "CMT: no bma" error. Emptying the map folder of other maps files doesn't work.

EDIT: I'm assuming we're to use the second game file sent from llamaserver?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom