Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline27 - Warminions

Infinitum

Scholar
5 of us including Sqeecoo.. maybe we could switch to a smaller map? A 6th player might be preferrable, but otherwise just get the game started?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, let's get this started. Map, whatever, don't care, let's gogogo!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
yeah lack of dedication is a bit disappointing, but whatevs... launching game now and going to stick with it this time.

On that note however, would be good if one of you could organize another game, personally I'm keen for a pub-stomp lol, get 20 players and 5 of us make an unholy codex alliance from the start.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
yeah lack of dedication is a bit disappointing, but whatevs... launching game now and going to stick with it this time.

On that note however, would be good if one of you could organize another game, personally I'm keen for a pub-stomp lol, get 20 players and 5 of us make an unholy codex alliance from the start.

Do 20 people play Dominions? :D Would probably have to organize a game on steam for that. Other communities are generally more experienced.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Thank fucking god, I was about to cleave my own skull in twain.

I'm in three games right now and will be happy to make a new one once I die somewhere :)

Infinitum

Scholar
Went with Khorne after all? Will be interesting to see if superior blood research/economy will be able to compensate for, well, everything else.

Good luck, have fun and prepare to be violently pacified by the enlightened might of the Asur!

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Altdorf is very interesting and cool but would require careful thought, I just went with the simple berserker lifestyle.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Passing up on Slaanesh was hard - the sexier theme, better paths arguably, much cooler looking units... these purple Indori-looking guys are fire.

Most appealing was their 100 gold communion slaves with heavy armor+.. awe and good stats, with paths that give them either a communion slave utility or self casting quickening and with a good bless you have a viable thug - and you can build 2 per turn per castle... awesome.

Whereas Nurgle is a bit meatier and starts off slow - I ended up actually changing my strategy a little bit, still went for the statue of war build because those freespawns barbarians = death gem generator, setting up a loop where I get 1 death gem per SLT mage in a province with a bane venom charm and some barbarians, or use milking the barbarians in combat by leaving them at the back with a Nurgletaur or Plaguebearers... will be able to use shadow blast very liberally ;)

However, once I get a bane venom charm, find a wasteland somewhere... I will build a death geem fucktory worrrrrrtheeeee of Lord Norrgle

Then I can use this death gem factory to build heralds of nurgle, for 15 death gems, which produce 1 plaguebearer per turn.

In comparison, the ITEM, not unit.. that auto-summons a tough unit, infernal contract... costs 90 fucking blood slaves and 5 fire gems ... BUT 90 FUCKING BLOOD SLAVES.

I've still gone down this route in other games, but massing vampires is arguably better and cheaper.. usually in those very very long games, it ends when people start fucking around with level 9 spells anyway, wishing for Armageddon, Utterdark or a heavily overcast burden of time.

- but Nurgle... nurgle can do this for only 15 gems it has a mechanic to produce.

Sure plague bearers aren't as good as devils at killing shit, out of the box - but they are all decked with annoying anti-SC specials and of course I took 3 greater blesses so they will have other tricks ;)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I feel like I'm missing something. This worked fine in my test games?

2oIdQJ2.jpg

9itM9qx.jpg

5b5lmlL.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
All custom spells seems to be borked. For example, chaos blesses are spells and I can't bless people if not using th spell built in the chaos icon, OR copy pasting the spell from the icon as a custom order.

Weird.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
All custom spells seems to be borked. For example, chaos blesses are spells and I can't bless people if not using th spell built in the chaos icon, OR copy pasting the spell from the icon as a custom order.

Weird.

So something with the modpack is screwed? Like the renaming shenanigans we had to do messed something up?

Edit: it all seems to work fine in single player. So...I am confused. Is the mod not properly uploaded to llamaserver?

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
In SP everything works.

Also, while Blessing spells appear as white and thus legal for S mages, they don't fire during battle and the mages are forced to use generic spells routines. Thank God the Icon works or I would be massively fucked, but this means no summons and no special spells.

It guess this makes the game far more balanced, bar the fact that Chaosies lack spells. Isiloon , sqeecoo , do YOUR version of bless works? check the battles, Chosen are so beefy that they don't need bless to tank almost all indies.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yup, my bless works fine (i.e. the autocast thing). I guess Tezeneeenencht is supposed to have trouble blessing? I thought the icon was their only choice, tbh. And yeah those sacreds of yours are ridiculous :D

sqeecoo

Arcane
However, it looks like I can't do my special summons :( Which is pretty much the only thing Khorne has going for it and basically breaks the game for me.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, no ritual spells are going to work. Think we need to try and re-upload some version to llamaserver. The version on there was warhammercomplet04.dm, correct? But then when we start the game it asks for warhammercomplet.dm. Easy enough, change the name, but maybe there was an upload issue.

Infinitum

Scholar
Ok, without the summons I don't see the point of continuing. Maybe we should give up on this for now, wait for that joint mod to finish into a playable state? Maybe get around to that disciple game we were discussing earlier?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, I'm afraid there's no point in continuing :( Now I'll never know whether my concept of playing Khorne could have worked or not :(

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
yea I cant be fucked dicking around with this mod anymore, I'll close the game then and we never speak of dominions 4 mods copy pasted to dom5 without being tested

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Decline27 in a nut shell

dumpsterfire2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom