Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected
MoM clone with hexagonal map, massive unit roster and YUGE research tree?

:shredder:

Anyone played it?

ss_e3e6ea18c636bf69300d8e8f9fa6ec847b8cec81.1920x1080.jpg

image_5b983db4d6eb92.60052093.jpg

Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected
Started to write a review few months ago but I was busy and didn't finish it. Maybe in summer I would finally force myself to complete it, 'cause this game, despite being a boring slog, has a great potential to become Codex Cult Classic/new master of magic/whatever else you aspies like.

Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected
bought it but kinda boring as it is

Yeah, combat system is enjoyable, buuuut...
  • Exproration is not interesting. You just fight monsters in the same-looking locations over and over, for the reward of some resources and occasionally some artifacts. And since the game only allows equipping very specific artifacts on your troops you would just destroy 99% of them for mana.
  • Tech trees are very boring "+3% to farm production, +1.5% to moving speed on road tiles" kind of bullshit instead of proper techtrees like in AC or civ series. The game wouldn't lose anything if there was no techtree at all, like MoM did it.
  • Building trees are better, but still not civilization level of good. Half of the buildings unlock troops, others give happiness/gold bonuses.
  • TILE IMPROVEMENTS ARE HELL. If you thought building tile improvements in civ2 was autistic, don't even touch this game. When you play with city radius of 3 tiles you have 36 tiles to build, and each improvement has 5 levels, plus you can add 3 levels of roads on top of improvement. That means you have to manually order your engineers to build 8*36=288 tiles around every city. Triggers my autism.
  • AI is nonexistent and just sits in his corner waiting to get destroyed.

Tanaka

Educated
Never experienced that. I play on big maps and the AI expands like crazy and has much bigger armies than I do on normal difficulty. There are so many options, settings, playstyles, and things to do I never find it boring at all. Check out the Steam forums people are raving about it. On the other had I find the recent Civ games boring as hell.

Last edited:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/ronniebranch/recommended/889080/

Recomendado
39.1 horas nas Ăşltimas duas semanas / 209.0 horas registradas
Publicada: 13 de abr Ă s 20:51
Atualizada: 13 de abr Ă s 22:55

I got banned from the steam forums some time ago you can type in Deity Empires Ronnie Branch to find it on youtube a old video I made last year. Recently I got this game for only $2 bucks as Paypal gave me $20 in free credit for signing up with Paypal credit with a $500 limit and then I did a survey got $3 cash real fast.

So the universe wanted me to play this game despite being banned and a bad community some of them anyways and the Dev for banning me. Fortunately for them I likely will be making some lets play videos recommending this game being an expert marketer that I am as an Entrepreneur

Now onto the review of this game, I am going to give it a thumbs up as I played this game in offline mode for some time as I wanted to see if its a game I can play for longevity without going pass the 2 hour mark incase I wanted to refund it.

I am happy to report I won't be doing that, Despite what the Dev's did to me I forgive them along with the community as I love Jesus Christ and I have good values to respect and love others.

I tried out the Mud Goblins race and I had a lot of fun, Many think Elves and Dwarves have an advantage with healing but I got some type of Shaman Goblin that could cast heal on his goblins a nice good support unit that improves +2 mana for each level so in term more heals to help his troops. Out of 3 play sessions I only had 1 of those support healer type goblins join me but I liked his company a lot. The Healer Shaman used Shadow magic to heal so I think that can be cast as well so there is no need for Holy as Evil races don't get that spellbook I don't think.

What's good about this game is it plays like Civilization 4 where you can assign workers on different fields for your town, It would of been better as the town grows you can gradually expand the land to claim like in Civ 5 style... There is a setting to increase the amount of land u can claim but its better to gradually claim it in my opinion depending on your town size to expand the border of the town and if you wish to buy the land plot.

Sadly Diplomacy is very weak in this game but with time it could be improved since they are working on the game.

This game has a fairly steep learning curve with understanding the abilities of units and buildings but its easy to get into. There is a massive tech tree along with a spell research tree with likely hundreds of different spells and items you can find and craft. It would of been nice if you could get some hero units and during each level up you can choose to improve the health of your units but I think once you get level 5 you can have not got that far yet.

The only thing I noticed when a unit gets to level 2 is his hit chance increases by 1%... I think allowing the unit to pick more damage, more magic resist,more h.p, or better attack or evade having more options during the level up process would of been a better idea. I do think every 5 levels you get a descent boost for your troop as the highest I have ever got was level 4 for any unit so time will tell.

There is no level cap in this game which is a good thing, it has random maps with many settings to play with for unlimited replay value.

The game is extremely deep like Dominions 4 was but not a big fan of that game as you cannot control your units in battle but you can in Deity Empires.

It seems like many units can evolve meaning start from a baby dragon and grow up to become more and more mature overtime meaning more useful. I think the regular units while they cannot really evolve they should be able to get more options to become more useful later in the game instead of having weak hit points. Of course again I have not got very far in this game to see how things play out. I know this game is a work in progress as many updates will likely come in the future to improve the gameplay experience.

While I am not a fan of the Developers for obvious reasons but they do seem to be working on the game. From a professional stand point it is not good business to ban potential customers of me now being a customer where I had valid questions that led to that ban.

It matters not as I don't care to communicate in that forum anyways, I am used to drama type of folks in Dota 2 so I just mute them out and enjoy that game.

Can I recommend this game? I would say yes but not for $25 dollars as the cost used to be $35, fortunately for me i got it for $2 dolllars ... The game as I understand it is a Beta game that likely will be worked on for years. So what is the game worth ? I would say $15 bucks for a Beta game and $40-$50 for a finished final release game... Money is not really a factor for me as I have been boss free since 2006 as an Entrepreneur with no bills or any upkeep anymore aside from Internet and food but there is a reason I have been boss free it's because I find ways to get the best deal or ways to make money being very resourceful. It is more about the Principle and how the Developers and Community treated me in the past... I am not going to dwell on it though as I am a forgiving person.

Now my only concern I had which also led to the ban was an invisible Development team with no website. It's possible they are concerned about copyright issues using ideas of other games which would be unethical and wrong and lead to being sued while at the same time the game concept idea is good so I am glad they made this game.

With All aside is this a game that will be around for Longevity? Its hard to say, because the Development team is invisible but if you can get this game for cheap then I would recommend getting it. I would not recommend supporting the Developers for future projects until they make a presence online and stop banning customers and warn others of whom disrupt the community. I have been a long time feedback contributor on other forums Like Age of Wonders 3,Warlock 2,Eador Masters of the Broken world,Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes to name a few and I have never run into these issues on the forum. I did have a run in with the Developer that banned me on his forum of the game Grimoire Heralds of the Winged Exemplar whom claims it took him over 20+ years as a sole developer to make his game. He is a Hot Potato head and loves drama and banning folks as I wrote a review on his game and forgive and bought his game as well.

I forgot I also had another run in a ban from Planers Conquest for drawling Religion in the steam thread. Whats funny the lead developer on Facebook poses as a Christian and one is a Hypocrite if they get banned on a forum while displaying they love God on Facebook. So folks can clearly see what happens when you love God you get banned and I gladly walk with Jesus Christ and take the punishment.

The Good news Aaron the Lead Developer paid me out of his pocket to refund me for that broken game when Worlds of Magic was released and sadly the rest of the Developers would not. I forgive Aaron he is a good guy and did come forward and I did change my review to positive for this game even though its not the best. I do like their Hero concept in the game but the battle system is not good.

Also Planers Conquest where I got banned on that forum for drawling Religion in the thread that was their explanation.

However and only because the game is good have I reconsidered to possibly promote this game in the future but for now I am going to enjoy the game and learn how to play it better.

I have mixed feelings about everything but in the end I hope they have learned something if they ever wish to goto the next level. In Conclusion I recommend this game to others and I will overlook the past... I would not suggest paying $25 for it though unless you can get it discounted in some way as this game seems to be a Beta Game that likely will be worked on for years. Fortunately for me a 3rd party helped discount it for me so I guess the universe wants me to dive into this game as I had ignored it for some time since the drama that came.

:avatard:

gogis

Scholar
That Ronnie guy still posts on steam forums. Last post is 19 hours ago. He is mental, that's for sure. But every village needs their idiot, right?

• AI is nonexistent and just sits in his corner waiting to get destroyed.

Game's probably has best AI of all 4x games I've played. If it's not suicidally bumrush you turn 10 is it bad? Ronny boy totally unhappy with passive AI too, he constantly makes insane 300x300 maps with 18 max stack and then complain that he never sees AI in first 300 turns. Like, really

Aemar

Arcane
Recently I got this game for only $2 bucks as Paypal gave me $20 in free credit for signing up with Paypal credit with a $500 limit and then I did a survey got $3 cash real fast.
Something that only a Nigerian would write.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Recently I got this game for only $2 bucks as Paypal gave me $20 in free credit for signing up with Paypal credit with a $500 limit and then I did a survey got $3 cash real fast.
They become princes when they manage to reach 1mil that way.
Then they are ready to write to people directly via email to offer them quick cash help.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game has a good Master of Magic feel to it.
The tactical battles are actually quite similar to MoM, but all of them have been against neutrals so far.
I don't like the spreadsheet feel the game has (+x% to something, you need to have as much production as you have natural resources. No more, no less. You also need to optimize your + X base food with your + Y% food buildings...).
But it still feels quite promising.

They become princes when they manage to reach 1mil that way.
Then they are ready to write to people directly via email to offer them quick cash help.

They really should do like at the lottery, and have 1 person really become millionaire after having helped an Ivory prince get his heritage. That would inspire many more people to donate, "just in case".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom