Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Title

• OP is a gigantic fag

Votes: 163 48.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Of course, Torment as a series has always been shit, its expected.

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Nah, the pissbaby butthurt gigameltdown would cause legions of self ejections

Votes: 31 9.2%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 93 27.7%

• Total voters

GrapeJam

Novice
^ Shitposter.

That's all I'm saying.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Codex reaction will be negative regardless of the game's quality, like it was for Pillars of Eternity and Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

RPGs with a narrative focus don't tend to do well here any more. Divinity: Original Sin got a much better reception here.

Eh, probably some truth in that. Worth noting Larian has a huge number of fan boys.

Cortex_Reaver

Novice
Are people seriously upset about NPCs having colored hair? If this game was coming out 10 years ago none of you would give a shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fargo's done a great job of hyping himself though. I remember way back in the early 10s, Brother None was griping about how some games journalist didn't even know who he is. Now they all do.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Of course the Codex will survive. I am 100% ready for TON to be a pile of steaming bovine manure. My body is ready. Bring it.

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted
The question is: will shit survive being compared to tides of numenera? Or maybe, will the codex eat the shit that this game will be? Or will this game be more shitty than the codex? Or will shit be more codex than ToN? Or will ToN be just a TON of shit? Or will shit be a TON of codex? These are all answers lost in the evanescent and fleeting ethereal winds that blow in the cosmic collective hivemind known as the VOID.

Prime Junta

It's not gonna be shit.

It may not live up to the hype or the expectations set by PS:T, but then again what does?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Of course we won't be satisfied with RPGs with a narrative focus when that narrative is so tremendously shit with its earth-shaking banality and incompetence. Narrative is the last bastion of a game, when everything else is beyond redemption. Will TToN be good? 99% sure it won't be. Will the Codex "survive" it? Yes, we have other games to flock to. Will it be successful? Yes, the same way PoE was. Most people don't analyze what they consume, so any deeper insight into whatever they are served isn't on the table at all, that's why so much shit is shoveled into our faces day in, day out and that's why the mainstream is rationalized as a negative thing.

What is there more to say? Being excited about a game that isn't out yet gets us bitten on the ass. Hoping for it to be good is stupid - hope is a cruel mistress.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We all survived the first one being shit. Can't see what harm a second turd can do.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looking at the Beta, I just don't see anything interesting - maybe it's the super distant perspective, the BG2-esque aesthetics or the boring ass hell character creation/tutorial. It all just makes me sneer. All I see is a mishmash of pretentious garbage, very similar to PoE. Both characters and objects are mostly static, just waiting for the player to click on them to get a wall of text - no reactivity anywhere. Difficult task action bar looks simply pathetic. No corpses or demons walking the streets, no sense of dread or awe, nothing. I'm pretty sure even the story and characters are going to be underwhelming compared to the original's.

Banal hoax for desperate fanboys.

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted
Looking at the Beta, I just don't see anything interesting - maybe it's the super distant perspective, the BG2-esque aesthetics or the boring ass hell character creation/tutorial. It all just makes me sneer. All I see is a mishmash of pretentious garbage, very similar to PoE. Both characters and objects are mostly static, just waiting for the player to click on them to get a wall of text - no reactivity anywhere. Difficult task action bar looks simply pathetic. No corpses or demons walking the streets, no sense of dread or awe, nothing. I'm pretty sure even the story and characters are going to be underwhelming compared to the original's.

Banal hoax for desperate fanboys.
Banal post for desperate shitposters. When I think of planescape, I touch myself, you know that? For me, it was like having sex for the first time in my life. And I'm no desperate fanboy, but I still have hope. I don't care if this game won't be on the same level of the original as long as it can give me just a fragment of the beauty of torment. Just a shard of that incredible sense of depth, mistery and alienation.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Banal post for desperate shitposters. When I think of planescape, I touch myself, you know that? For me, it was like having sex for the first time in my life. And I'm no desperate fanboy, but I still have hope. I don't care if this game won't be on the same level of the original as long as it can give me just a fragment of the beauty of torment. Just a shard of that incredible sense of depth, mistery and alienation.

Literally everything in your post says otherwise. :lol:

Unwanted

The Nameless Pun

Unwanted

Literally everything in your post says otherwise. :lol:
Maybe you're right, I need this game to be good :negative:
otherwise it'll be a case of:butthurt:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The codex has survived everything else being shit. It will be fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom