Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

DraQ

Arcane
Ah requiem. Where enemies are bullet sponges and you get one shot. Muh difficulty. Your main character is a peasant til he dies, not the dragonborn.

git gud

Requiem is nothing like that. Whenever someone posts something like this, I'm pretty sure they tried to sneak-archer they way through a dude in heavy armor.
Or a draugr.

Or, most likely, got insta-winded by trying to spam power attacks (probably without perks in requisite skills too) and ended up doing lulzy damage due to barely being able to keep weapon off the ground.

Try playing Elder Scrolls Online
And you? You git out.
No u. Unless you at least try it to level 30+.
I might consider it as long as you're willing to both fund the game and compensate me for my time (at my normal wage).
:M
Otherwise get lost.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Try playing Elder Scrolls Online
And you? You git out.
No u. Unless you at least try it to level 30+.
I might consider it as long as you're willing to both fund the game and compensate me for my time (at my normal wage).
:M
Otherwise get lost.
You could just get an allowance off your parents, wash cars and do some chores around the house and then you can buy your own games! That one is super cheap as well, and you don't need a monthly sub. Anyone who has suffered through a crappy Elder Scrolls game owes to themselves to try ESO and see how Elder Scrolls should have been done all this time.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Requiem is also shit.

Late-game it sure it, because it gets even easier than vanilla Skyrim. Early-to-mid, though, it's pretty dope.

I'd argue it's better than vanilla Skyrim. Skyrim's idea of "late game difficulty" is damage sponges. At least in Requiem you feel pretty strong and it shows.

Still, those fucking Invisible Entities, man... that's why I stopped playing Skyrim altogether.

Lambach

Arcane
At least in Requiem you feel pretty strong and it shows.

Yeah, but it's not fun when I can just stand in front of a Dragon, cast Drain Essence with both hands and the fucker gets drained in 15 seconds. The drain is so massive that my health and Magicka regenerate quicker than he can damage them for with his fire breath, and I was a High Elf with only minimal elemental resistance. Or when I can kill a named Dragon Priest with two power attacks from a self-crafted Daedric Two-Hander.

Still, those fucking Invisible Entities, man... that's why I stopped playing Skyrim altogether.

Unless you're playing a full stealth/thief character, there's always a way those handle them relatively easy. That freezing Shout stops them in their tracks and reveals their position, for example.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Unless you're playing a full stealth/thief character, there's always a way those handle them relatively easy. That freezing Shout stops them in their tracks and reveals their position, for example.

I don't quite remember what build I was playing, but I'm pretty sure it was a rogue with light armor, a bit of destruction magic (I took me ages to kill one dragon) so...

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Ah requiem. Where enemies are bullet sponges and you get one shot. Muh difficulty. Your main character is a peasant til he dies, not the dragonborn.

git gud

Requiem is nothing like that. Whenever someone posts something like this, I'm pretty sure they tried to sneak-archer they way through a dude in heavy armor.
Or a draugr.

Or, most likely, got insta-winded by trying to spam power attacks (probably without perks in requisite skills too) and ended up doing lulzy damage due to barely being able to keep weapon off the ground.
Rock/Paper/Scissors + Grindan = Requiem

OP is warned, he can go ahead and install and see how incompetent people try to fix Skyrim combat.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Nobody can fix Skyrim combat. I tried desperately. I love the graphics in Skyrim and the engine etc. All I need is some decent combat and I would have loved it. But I tried almost every mod on nexus and none of them change it enough. Even "total conversions" like Enderal are just like playing the same crappy thing all over again.

pippin

I admit I haven't played Skyrim in depth, because my toaster refused to run it acceptably (which is weird because every other Bethesda game of the time runs just fine), but I remember being somewhat mesmerized at the fact that you could dual weild even spells. That was for me one of the biggest concessions, a fundamental design choice in making TES into an action game... At least Oblivion is still somewhat close to Morrowind, more like Morrowind as if it was made by Ed Wood. I dunno. Skyrim's on sale right now but I can't be arsed to charge some moneys into my Steam account :M

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Which is sad considering it's not really impossible. All the tools and resources are there.
I don't think it is. The tools are there to add more and slightly different spells or to tweak the talent trees etc. But to actually change the way combat works requires serious work that modders can't do and the toolset can't do.
i think a parry system would work wonders for the game. Block seems like a pointless skill, and half the perks for block dont empower blocking.
ESO does it properly. You cast your spells and attack and the mobs do real things. They shoot fireballs at you, lines of fire that spread along the ground, charge at you, power up huge 2 handed hits etc. All this stuff can 1 shot a player, or almost 1 shot even a strong player. If you don't block, you die. And some stuff can't be blocked so you have to be mobile the whole time, running out of stuff on the ground and diving out the way of attacks etc. It is a fully fledged action game, unlike Skyrim which pretends to be an action RPG yet does none of these things.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I recommend Requiem as well, though it does get very easy quickly. It's like Gothic, really: go from zero to hero.

Try that Enderal shit so I don't have to! Post impressions!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom