Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
[deleted]

Last edited:

Comte

Man currently trying to get through POE1 off and on. Its so fucking bad. I am about to throw in the towel. Maybe I am too old for this shit.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I approached Underrail with an open mind, but I found out that it was shit.

I immediately cleansed myself by playing Jagged Alliance 2.

Modron

Arcane
Lionheart fizzled out pretty badly, Dragon Age origins, the first Drakensang, DOS 1, IWD 2, PoE, et cetera it's a time honored tradition that end games turn into an unbearable mess.

Ocelot

Learned
Inquisitor. Wanted to play it because it's based around an original and interesting idea, foregoes some of the typical RPG archetypes and resembles Divine Divinity which I really had fun playing. But the game is so slow and clunky that it sucked any interest within a few hours.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In that case, I don't know any RPGs that make a spluttering sound. :M

Inquisitor. Wanted to play it because it's based around an original and interesting idea, foregoes some of the typical RPG archetypes and resembles Divine Divinity which I really had fun playing. But the game is so slow and clunky that it sucked any interest within a few hours.
For a moment I thought you were talking about Dragon Age Inquisition. Based on an original and interesting idea? Whaaat?

frajaq

Erudite
Underrail and Age of Decadence, nothing about them hooked me and made me want to keep playing them.

Thankfully I was still able to refund them

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I could literally list dozens over the course of my life that I haven't finished. I will list the first few that come to mind :D. I also may decide to start a blog myself so I will use this new format and depending on how much hate mail I receive I will start it or not..

Some of these I put alot of time into and just got bored, some I thought sucked and didn't put that much time into. I will put a B next to the games where I put alot of time into them and didn't finish. I will put an S next to the games that just sucked and I never liked. I will put both if both apply.

If the S is a capitol S then it means it sucked bad...if I put a small s it means it didn't suck so bad.
If I put a capitol B it means that the game was super boring <_>, if I put a small b it means it wasn't that boring and I probably put more time into it.

POE 1 - S
Dead state-sb
Wasteland 2- sb
Fallout 4- S
IWD 2- SB
Underrail- b
AOD- b
Dun Rats- b
Morrowind- S
Dungeon siege- SB
Alpha protocol- B
NWN 2 - S
DA:O- S
KOTOR 1- SB
KOTOR 2- SB

I can actually think of way more but I got bored myself making this post and I have decided to cancel my blog, thanks to everyone for reading for for all their love and support...

Big Wrangle

Never could have gotten into Divine Divinity, found what I played of it to be somewhat tedious. It was a cosntant back and forth between the dungeon and surface with the payoff being average jokes. By the end of my session I was just on autopilot. I heard that the game opens up later one, but what I played killed what enthusiasm I had.
Temple of Elemental Evil also failed to hook me due to the very lackluster... almost everything, despite having a good time with the combat enounters. But as I said earlier, my saves were getting constantly corrupted despite having installed very possible fan patch, so maybe this one doesn't count as replaying the prologue 10 times was what made me ragequit. Game just hates my PC I guess.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Oblivion/FO3 come to mind as games I wanted to be good but holy shit they were not. I also thought I might like Dishonored but it didm't do it for me.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Wasteland 2 - visual style, combat.
Divinity: Original Sin - boring combat, char system.

p.s. Somebody tell to retards that Underrail and JA2 are two different games.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Chapter 3 could fizzle for some people, I guess; it's pretty weak. Thing is, IWD2 is at its strongest in the Final Chapter. I did get through it recently, but that was a solo so it doesn't count.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Dragon Age Origins. Can't remember what happened.

Could have been console UI, level scaling of encounters/loot, dialogue cutscenes, triviality of injury mechanic, lack of dungeon strategy etc. etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom