Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

Dorateen

Arcane
One of the difficulty settings: "Lucky Mode"

do-you-feel-lucky-punk.jpg

Reapa

Doom Preacher
it look's like nobody bought the game which is kinda weird since it means people are smart enough not to pay 30$ for obvious garbage.

jungl

Augur
lol no way im trying this. Getting HUGE vibes that it another dungeon and dragons digital game that is complete and utter shit.

Lhynn

Arcane
This shit has already been cracked and is up direct download and even for torrenting. Its really bizarre, so many better games you only see there only weeks after release.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
There's one review on steam and it's not encouraging.

- No character creation. Pick one of 16. Can't name them either.
- On level up you get no options to pick anything. It auto assigns whatever new stuff you get. And for my rogue going from level 2 to 3 he got some hp and nothing else changed.
- Level 5 wizard has all his damage spells doing 1d3 or 1d4 while melee fighter is doing 2x to 5x that damage with a swing of his sword.
- Enemies in combat drop no loot. Loot is found in barrels and chests.
- No combat speed options or camera panning.
- No tooltips on character stats.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, tried it for like half an hour yesterday.
It wasnt horrible, just dull as fuck. Felt like they took a much better but very incomplete game and made extremely questionable design choices before dumping it in the market, like one would dump a turd while flushing to get rid of it as soon as humanly possible.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
To be fair I could have tried the game, getting past bugs and awful UIs and content (encounters, itemization...) if at least I could create my party from scratch and assign stuff on level-up (in case there's anything to assign). As is, I don't really see the point playing it.

newtmonkey

Arcane
If I approach it like I would a weird mix of Wizardry and Dungeon Master, would I be disappointed even then? I don't mind pregen characters if there are enough of them and there is a good variety (like Dungeon Master), and don't mind no control over level ups (like Wiz), if the rest of the game is compelling.

Deleted Member 16721

BIGMOON is a fitting name for this company because they are baring their ass and mooning the entire gaming community by trying to pass this junk off for $30 (LOL.) They take it one step further and pull their asscheeks apart and shit this game onto Steam in secret during the middle of the night (and, somehow, on console, too.) Baffling.

There's not one single redeeming quality of this mess. Avoid at all costs.

And trust me, I'd play a real Chaos Chronicles in a heartbeat. This...this "thing"...has nothing to do with what that game could have become.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BIGMOON is a fitting name for this company because they are baring their ass and mooning the entire gaming community by trying to pass this junk off for $30 (LOL.) They take it one step further and pull their asscheeks apart and shit this game onto Steam in secret during the middle of the night (and, somehow, on console, too.) Baffling.

And trust me, I'd play a real Chaos Chronicles in a heartbeat. This...this "thing"...has nothing to do with what that game could have become.
At this point I do agree with you because as I said I would if they tried to release the game as it was. Seems they didn't bother trying to fix it for release even with delaying it again for another 6 months.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

The hate is strong in you :evilcodex:

Deleted Member 16721

Nah, it's not really hate, just frustration at scammers who have the audacity to try these tactics.

No bueno. Make a real game if you're going to, even if it sucks you can say you did it legit. Not this sneaky BS.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So from the videos, it looks very much like Blackguards 1, which was the good one. How's the comparison between the 2? Does the combat have the same amount of tactical options, or is it more akin to either attack with weapons or attack with spells?

I see a lot of complaints about the lack of things people think should be there and the morals of the developers, but what about the quality of what's actually in the game?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Why not take the plunge for the rest of us and find out?

Deleted Member 16721

The quality is fucking garbage. There is no quality. There are no advanced or even basic things you can do in combat, or anywhere else in the game for that matter.

Here, I'll copy my passive aggressive impressions I posted months back on RPGWatch -

TLDR Version - Recap

1. No character creation - You can't create your character in a party-based, D&D 3.5 RPG. You select from a few slaves on a ship who all have preset stats. No tooltips.

2. No customization of skills/stats/feats…in a D&D 3.5 "game". Think about this. You can't customize your character in ANY WAY. The game auto-levels up when you advance a level. You can't so much as pick a Feat and there are no Skills. In a 2017 D&D 3.5 party-based "RPG".

3. No combat features other than Standard Attack - let that sink in for a moment. You can do one thing - Attack. There is no Trip, Charge, Bull Rush, Attacks of Opportunity, Flanking bonuses, Power Attacks, absolutely nothing. Oh, there is Five-Foot Step, which is pointless for this game.

4. No dialogue options w/ NPCs - Only Skip and Skip All - You get a few sentences of painfully slow voiced dialogue, and your only options are to skip the sentences, or skip the entire dialogue encounter. Pathetic.

5. No interesting dialogue, a few sentences and it's over. See previous point. It's painfully slow in that NPCs take forever to finish their boring, pointless lines.

6. No exploration - Areas are tiny and boring, nothing, and I mean NOTHING to find, except maybe a chest with randomized, terrible loot.

7. No good loot in chests - items repeat 5 minutes into the game, I had already found 3 pairs of the same Orcish shoes. Some chests literally have ZILCH in them when you open them, or possibly 3 gold.

8. Graphics that feature such details as frogs that have the exact same texture and color as the floor they're on. On purpose, too, not a bug. The frog literally has the same "watery", weird texture and color as the floor they're standing on.

8. A game engine that lags at every turn. No, not FPS drops or poor performance, it's simply built to delay a second or two before every function in combat and talking to NPCs. You get this awkward pause. And the rounds of combat take forever, and all you AND THE ENEMY are doing are Standard Attacks. Many of which miss, and when they hit, do about 1/4 damage of the enemy health bar. Combined with the fact you are in zero danger in the battle, it's just a big waste of time.

9. Voice acting by unpaid volunteers it sounds like. Some of it stands out in a bad way.

10. Mouse cursor can't click on things like doors properly, have to aim it at a pixel 3 inches to the right. Couldn't click the locked door in the first "dungeon".

11. The first "dungeon" has a bunch of empty rooms with chests, which may also have nothing in them. Nothing else of interest to find, except 2 frogs I mentioned, who did Standard Attacks, drop no loot and just waste your time (a running theme with this game.)

12. Monsters drop no loot. Not so much as a fish scale or scrap of hide.

13. No worthwhile options to tweak in the settings. You can't re-map controls, can't do much of anything.

14. $60 price tag

Let me repeat that.
$60 PRICE TAG!
Not $16.
Not $6.
60 DOLLARS.

Without even a character creation option. In a party based RPG. Brilliant.

Even more text and impressions @
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36813

Yes, they were going to charge $60 for this shit. Which is why I had to rip them a new one.

Even the Cave of Sorrows scam (different scammers, though) had interesting features in it. But that was because they ripped off a legit module, The Red Hand of Doom, and just changed a couple of the graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
wow, sounds like an early tech demo (which it kinda is)

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cheers for the link.

3. No combat features other than Standard Attack - let that sink in for a moment. You can do one thing - Attack. There is no Trip, Charge, Bull Rush, Attacks of Opportunity, Flanking bonuses, Power Attacks, absolutely nothing. Oh, there is Five-Foot Step, which is pointless for this game.

Ok, so into the trash it goes. I saw some basic hex-based combat in that YouTube clip and thought it might get more involved, but seems not.

Deleted Member 16721

wow, sounds like a early tech demo (which it kinda is)

Yeah, for busted ass tech. The engine has a noticeable delay after every action, such as voice acting lines where you're waiting for the next line to trigger. It's the same in combat.

IMO, it's essentially the unfinished engine of Chaos Chronicles but ripped off when it was in the early stages of development and had no optimization or further work done on it at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom