Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

newtmonkey

Arcane
Sounds bad indeed, if there is no exploration, what is the point?

Theldaran

Liturgist
It currently has 0 positive reviews to 7 negative reviews on Steam. And it isn't even Early Access. A true mini-No Man's Sky.

Deleted Member 16721

wait, no fucking dialogue options? Not an RPG.

There's no fucking ANYTHING options. You can't even level up your character and choose one fucking stat point to distribute. Nothing.

Think combat will save it? WRONG AGAIN, Bob. You get a Standard Attack. And...that's it. And the enemies get!!...a Standard Attack. How exciting! And it's paaainfully slow and boring, taking several slooow, lagging rounds where the engine chugs through exchanging misses and Standard Attacks until you finally vanquish the foe only to find!!...nothing. Enemies don't drop loot. And sometimes, even chests don't drop loot! Totally unpredictable feetures, bro!

Gimble

Educated
Is this really a scam? Why did they choose this to be turn based? If the intent is to scam or even generate some low effort revenue, that is a baffling choice. It is not like turn based will bring in lots of buyers or anything, and it hurts the vanishingly few developers producing genuinely good TB games to have an associated game like this.

Delterius

Arcane
It appears that developers have become more and more industrious. Bigmoon cut straight to the chase and is about to release Chaos Chronicles: Enhanced Edition.
Funnily enough, that would entail the release of the most recent version of Chaos Chronicles. Which did not happen.

So Beamdog is still superior.

Deleted Member 16721

Is this really a scam? Why did they choose this to be turn based? If the intent is to scam or even generate some low effort revenue, that is a baffling choice. It is not like turn based will bring in lots of buyers or anything, and it hurts the vanishingly few developers producing genuinely good TB games to have an associated game like this.

It is baffling. What's more is that all of their games are published on console, too, and they all get terrible reviews. It looks like they release "games" very quickly, too, according to their website.

I don't know what kind of scam they have going. I believe they inherited assets from Chaos Chronicles, didn't want to (or couldn't) put effort into improving them or using them, waited awhile and just threw it out there hoping to get a couple $30 victims in the process.

I really don't know. Why does Ellis Studios continually remake games and do the same scams? They must gain enough money to justify doing it for them.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
So from the videos, it looks very much like Blackguards 1, which was the good one. How's the comparison between the 2? Does the combat have the same amount of tactical options, or is it more akin to either attack with weapons or attack with spells?

I see a lot of complaints about the lack of things people think should be there and the morals of the developers, but what about the quality of what's actually in the game?
Played for an hour this morning, totally BALLS. The writing is awkward, the setting is bland and generic, you cant use skills or spells outside of combat. The only thing making it look like Blackguards is the hexes. The turn based combat is worse than a Vogel game -- you can take exactly one action and just trade blows. Spells are unimpressive in both utility and damage. Pirate it if you want to check it out, but don't support the "devs". It looks completely unchanged from the Alpha previews shown over a year ago.

Last edited:

Theldaran

Liturgist

Well, everyone is talking about a barebones game. A skeleton warrior of a game, animated by the blackest of scam magics and bent on stealing your life and your money.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
giphy.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really don't know. Why does Ellis Studios continually remake games and do the same scams? They must gain enough money to justify doing it for them.

"Ellis Studios" is some poor desperate old guy from rural Pennsylvania trying to supplement his retirement fund by selling digital knick-knacks.

Pretty different from Bigmoon who seem to be a proper studio that specializes in porting other company's games. Although given that their homepage hasn't been updated since early 2016 who knows what's really going on there now.

Actually, it looks like their Facebook page is active: https://www.facebook.com/bigmoonstudios/

No post about the release of Demons Age though lol. Why do I get the feeling this game didn't come out the way they wanted?

Deleted Member 16721

"Ellis Studios" is some poor desperate old guy from rural Pennsylvania trying to supplement his retirement fund by selling digital knick-knacks.

Pretty different from Bigmoon who seem to be a proper studio that specializes in porting other company's games. Although given that their homepage hasn't been updated since early 2016 who knows what's really going on there now.

Actually, it looks like their Facebook page is active: https://www.facebook.com/bigmoonstudios/

No post about the release of Demons Age though lol. Why do I get the feeling this game didn't come out the way they wanted?

Sorry, but these people aren't far behind Ellis Studios in my book. Just look at the ratings and reviews of their other classic creations, especially the console "ports". Most receive less than 25% ratings on metacritic, lol.

If they are a company that specializes in "porting other company's games", they are fucking terrible at it.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I played the first battle. I have only one critic so far: In the inventory the items cannot be seen on the dark brown background :) Any solution? I cant believe this design can be serious

circ

Arcane
I don't think it's a case of people not liking tb. I just heard about the game and youtubed some content. Looks decent enough, nice inventory but the animations are pretty weak and combat is really the pinnacle of dull from what I saw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom