Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't we all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Aye, verily, some of ye backstory hath been revealed:

For centuries, Moragon had been a peaceful land where Elves, Dwarves and Halflings have lived their lives with little or no interaction between their respective communities. But when humans arrived, they brought with them trade and in the process established routes from the north to the south of the peninsula, radically changing the lives of the inhabitants as mutual benefits were enjoyed by all throughout. Yet, as is often the case with financial success, greed, jealousy and aggression soon followed, resulting in vicious power struggles amongst the different beings of Moragon. Taking advantage of the disarray, the opportunistic Vazuhr, the Lord of Darkness who had lain dormant for thousands of years in the depths of Moragon, seized the chance to rise again. He soon found a perfect ally in Zogalon, a powerful warlord who had already conquered the biggest port in Moragon and recruited Orcs into his ranks. Together, Vazuhr and Zogalon managed to open the portals of hell and unleash Vazuhr’s legions, but the people of Moragon stood firm and defeated the army of demons, banishing Vazuhr once again to the depths of hell, and restoring peace to the peninsula.

After a century of peace, rumors of strange events and demon sightings made their way to the current king, Konrad Lijak, who investigated the rumours. The news that was delivered to him by his mage, Kaldulor, drove him insane, and Konrad dissapeared without a trace. Despite Kaldulor’s attempts to explain what had happened, he was accused of treason and the King’s children, Princess Pellora and Prince Karan, were left to to rule in his stead. They tried to re-establish order in the peninsula, however the news that a sect is trying to open the gates of hell to unleash demons on Moragon plunges the kingdom into further chaos.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/09/12/demons-age-ps4-backstory/

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does anyone really care about good story or would you prefer good turn based combat?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Holy shit that back story :lol: And rise of the Ancient Evil how Biowarian. Apparently you can take a man from BioWare, but you can't take BioWare from the man...:M

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I don't get why people like to repeat the old mistake to present long-winded background-stories upfront. Only people who are already invested in the game would even consider watching that. It's kind of a generic good vs. evil story which doesn't need an extensive exposition.
Moragon vs. Zogalon vs. Demon Lord sounds like straight from FanFiction.net, which wouldn't be half as bad, if the makers didn't assume, people are actually interested in the story before they can play the game.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For fuck's shake, who decided to use these names? They're fantasy names that DMs use to name worthless NPCs that the player meets for 10 seconds... Zogalon :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom