Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DEMONWORLD!

Will you waste your time, watching this thread and bumping it?

• Total voters

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Alright! I wanna play a game for a change, since, like, half a year.
Now, I actually play games and do not larp like the majority of manchildren here so dont expect retarded banter with cut- out faces and similar pathetic garbage. We will be hitting hard and gaming the systems to the breaking point!
What I can do, is renaming the units if this thread gathers enough interest for me to continue (5 to 10 dumbasses who say "yay" and bump this thing on every update...). I also could let you chose the army composition since if I do it myself, we will be taking zero losses here...

This game is very lovely, especially if you are an Übermensch. Not only does it have hex based combat map, it has great writing and voice acting too!
The war diary resembles real soldier letters and the writing does a great job. It does not have the typical chlidish melodrama garbage you see in every pos "game" ever made, like Torment for example. This game is laden with sadness and humility. The voice does a great job at delivering a sublime performance.
Its a shame, no one is gonna understand what the fuck they are saying...

Also CNC! Every battle leads to a choice with consequences on which map you fight next and whom.

Lets roll!

Cover
dnkuL.jpg

Install screen are a must for LPs! Full, of course, all 700 MB! May my harddriver burn!
E9wtY.jpg

CMQXT.jpg

AEyWy.jpg

DirectX 5 vs DirectX 11, which is better and why? Ask skyway.
tQC9v.jpg

As a registered customer, I have a right to a Bonus CD with HIGH COLOR (65645 extra color!) sprites!
Internet play as well! I wanted to play this one with hoodoo but his couldnt even manage to find his PG2 savegames...
Kmcm4.jpg

650 MB of gay! MOVIES folder has the videos in BINK video format but without the sound which is stream from the CD audio tracks.
kDdKR.jpg

Lets get this party started!
Launcher plays this sound: http://www.anonstorage.net/PStorage/570.STARTUP.wav
Which is nice enough, for the first 3 times...
There is also an ending sound... www.anonstorage.net/PStorage/222.ENDE.wav
Horrible creatures. Delete them whenever you can.
giDFi.jpg

Options.
Resolution HEX
Animation HEx
Resulaution ISO - this one is a mystary option, it doesnt do nothin
Animation ISO - as well as this one, we will figure it out eventually
Music
FX
Voice
Gi1Jv.jpg

We start a campaign and get a difficulty screeny. Every step gives you +-5% points for winning.
Time - this one is sucky. Its the real time you get to make you turn. Like in Chess... We put it in easy for no timer.
Strenght - everything else on hard.
Ordnance - hard
Starting army - hard. We get a 110% rating.
wOq0N.jpg

Launch! FUUUCK! We will be investigating that! Just kidding.
xmnTw.jpg

Done. But we will be patching away CD checks later and maybe do a wild bughunt.
2x8Mo.jpg

Intro. Raw vidoe was 800*600 and 1.5 GB huge. Encoded only 15 Mb. Sadly you wont understand a word but the voice is sweet too. Shitty summary:
Jason, when this fire ceases, you will be on your harsh mission north.
You will need all your humility and devotion to face the dangers of the road.
My hopes are with you Knight of the Order and I will try to help whenever possible.
Yet you stand alone in the ice wastes and only your skills will save you.
If you hesitate and waver, the Empire will fall!
Still the enemy lingers in the north but soon he will step out of the shadows to destroy us all.
We are blind to the things that are trully happening.
You have been chosen as our eyes and swordarm to lead the steel of the Empire in battle.

Many legends were lost in the darkness of the centuries.
Like the name of the lord of destruction and his son, Xeribolos the ice daemon.
The mighty bannu magics of the elves are forgotten.
Many things have channged and some things seem lost forever.

Choo choo choose!
Wesgard - the supposedly easier way, following my Kasier's order and leading our army to save Wesgard from Alkaldo.
Elkar - unexpected to Alkaldo, march onto Elkar and storm Alkaldo's HQ
DcBzl.jpg

ah and the game looks like this :oops:
6Z0U3.jpg

Dont forget to vote.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
HOLY FUCK! :lol:

I now have my personal assburger stalker! Achievement unlocked! :lol:

Diversion at what, son? Are you fucking retarded? OH WAI! ASSBURGER FURRY LARPER! :lol:

Now, hush hush, run to DarkUnderlord with your evidence :lol: and suck his sweet little cock. k. Dumbass. :lol:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Why are you posting an Absolute Gamer screenshot? We don't want second hand stuff. We want YOUR contribution! The real thing! We. Want. Running. Fox's. LP. Not AG.RU screens.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
No attention at all? :( Oh well, I should have posted this with a different acc and less insults.
Pshaw. This LP here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-daggerfall.70303/ did not receive replies for days to no end. Everytime the lone person following it bumped it hoping for an update, I posted one.

Unless you are RK47 or Cassidy, people only give a flood of replies after the LP is over. They don't comment as much while it is ongoing.

Tigranes

Arcane
Not much to say until the LP is actually ongoing, I hardly know if it will be follow-worthy yet.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Don't worry Running Fox, I'll follow your LP. Fuck the larpers, dramatized software installation in German is where it's at.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Holy shit, I was still drunk on Saturday to even think about LPing anything on the Dex.

Nevertheless, one update was done anyway.

And where the fuck did the 200 views came from? Bots be clickin around here like crazy. No wonder the Dex is slow is fuck.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Elkar Camapaign, 1. Mission
Enemy reinforcements cross our way. Kill everyone so they wont inform Alkaldo.
Sounds good to me.
QivoD.jpg

Map
9JVkA.jpg

Interface, mighty fine looking. Lets check our troops by clicking on the Troops-book.
7wYl9.jpg

We have bronze, silver, gold units.
DkykP.jpg

Bronze footsoldiers. 3 swords, 3 shields, 3 feet, 3 discipline fists. Oh and 7 plus 1 swordbearing valiant heroes. As well as a banner-man and 1 with a trumpet or somesuch.
9kXcF.jpg

Its important to note the number of dudes. Because every dude in the game is a single entity that makes its own attack and defense rolls. Pikemen here have only 5 armed dudes, 1 commander, bannerman and trumpetdude. But they got better stats.
1jkO1.jpg

They also cost more, 160 vs 120, which is bullshit. In my experies, pikemen get slaughtered too easily.
JfqcA.jpg

Now, we have some green units too. They are core and cant be exchanged. Lose em, lose em forever.
HthsC.jpg

We also have items on the right. The sword for example is the Sword of Fear which only single heroes can wield and it makes you more fearsome. What else. There are no stats in the description.
But I know that all units roll discipline checks in combat and this sword prolly makes them harder.
1OWKJ.jpg

The mob. Cheap and even more so wortheless.
mj5kp.jpg

We can "sell" them for points. Which we will use later to reinforce our killed brethren.
fzRFd.jpg

Our first gold infantry. Novice knights of the Order of the Purifying Light. Same stats as pikemen...
JK92M.jpg

Cheaper though, albeit in gold points. Gold units have first strike in combat if they have more or equal number of swords.
HwGuh.jpg

MVP silver unit. Archers. Same stats as footsoldiers. But they are our best weapon.
ANt6J.jpg

Gold shock unit. Gave them the Banner item. It increases discipline and fear among enemies. Those horsies will never run. Its a shame they only got 3 swords. I dont know how exactly the stats work but 3 swords are sufficient to slamdunk 5 shields from time to time.
XWl3O.jpg

Mage. With three magic sticks.
ZE3E1.jpg

Priest. Also lvl 3.
sGOGU.jpg

Commander. Having 4 hearts and those stats, he represents something like a unit of 4 dudes with the same stats. But those hero units never run.
Bv65i.jpg

Nice. Or so it seems. Shields are more important to heroes than swords. Also those five bows arent much because its only a single dude and he will be shooting a single arrow. If he gets lucky, he'll kill one enemy soldier or takes one heart from a hero.
7vKe0.jpg

My fav. Aryan bro. With some level ups and magic, he becomes an unstoppable force of nature.
VpJQB.jpg

Meh.
jOtr8.jpg

Hero MPV. He has a nice spell which works in combination with archers well. We'll see later.
abrIS.jpg

Second MVP. Doesnt look like much but he got a magic attack with the biggest range except for the canons and he can move quickly! He will be leveling up like crazy.
erACf.jpg

Those dudes for 240 are riders with bows. Our bronze MVP which we cant buy yet. So we sell the bronze lance-riders for 210, just so we dont lose em by accident.
kvmaw.jpg

We buy some bersekers for 210 and footsoldiers for 120.
sMhnV.jpg

Sell all cavalary.
ecdrb.jpg

Sell our silver footsoldiers. They have better stats than bronze but we will get zero points to reinforce them for the next 5 missions....
jSxhd.jpg

Sell the gold novices.
Ydttc.jpg

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
The red stuff is blue on the mini map and where the enemy is.
3nuBx.jpg

Down below we put our archers and chinese magic dude as well as shock cavalary. Oh and look at thos berserks. Fuck shields!
6Sely.jpg

Canon, top rigth.
cGayi.jpg

Rest around here. Now look at our MVP. He has 2 magic sticks.
nlLYX.jpg

Put him on a horsie and he's got 1... Which is bad since the spell that makes him MVP is gone now.
iNtEd.jpg

This dude gets an extra sword and 2 levels if we put him on a horse. He is a horse commander. We can bind him to a cav unit and make them very evil.
JItNU.jpg

On foot he is still majorly badass.
LFQQE.jpg

Thats the enemy reinforcements. They will all die.
9cOwz.jpg

Some infatnry with a crappy 1 bow. Its dangerous to heroes though. If you stop very close to them and they got range, the hero is dead.
61wST.jpg

Dont go toe to toe with those dudes here though.
qKz77.jpg

Mage, summoner too...
KJRfJ.jpg

Another one. Aint he pretty?
u063g.jpg

Barsak the Insane. Well, if you got 1 shield and 2 hears, you are insane alright...
LyMkD.jpg

Uh oh. Someonw worht killing. M:
Killing heroes is the best way to level up units. Especially killing hihg level mages with your infantry since they dont take much damage.
And killing high levle melee enemy heroes with your archers since that is cheap and easy and doesnt cost expensive dorrar!
PK0JI.jpg

First things first. Arty! This canon is evil.
VPz0W.jpg

Major range and its flies low so every unit in the way takes damage. Yours too.
fEwnx.jpg

Killed one dude and missed those knights.
MTtJb.jpg

This mortar has shorter range but goes overhead.
C8uwt.jpg

Blam.
fWgQC.jpg

Movement. Gold swords mean that we can do our magic attack after moving. White sowrds mean that we get a retaliation strike if we get attacked on enemy turn.
r9dgZ.jpg

Who is dead?
x5HXm.jpg

Pew pew pew. 5 fireballs ignore shields.
UMKe8.jpg

Blam. Level up. Which gives you random stat upgrades. Here we got our bows increased.
O8GoN.jpg

Archers move up and shoot. Cant hit the enemy though.
rTGzp.jpg

We rotate and
CaAnm.jpg

Phew. 8 arrows. Typically in a 2 rows formation only the first row shoots, ie 5 arrows but we got lucky here.
NRWIP.jpg

3 dead. Doesnt seem much but they wont reach us in the next turn and lose another 3 or more which makes them an easy target for anything, really. Archers ftw.
cAjLQ.jpg

Move the rest up.
j2rXQ.jpg

On top our MVP does the "firey meister" spell. What does it do???!
L0eAD.jpg

BZZZt
xpkwF.jpg

Oh sweet.
5zlep.jpg

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
nv6rn.jpg

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Berserks can reach the pseudo archers but first
Q79ZQ.jpg

We cast a "magic parry" which adds one shield.
G5iVg.jpg

Whooz
QsJVg.jpg

One enemy boy went down on contact. After that the pseudo archers regroup around our unit. Remember that every dude is a single entity.
FJyG1.jpg

Casting "holy strenght" which adds 1 swords on a unit.
Kfxdr.jpg

And taking our best man and slamming right into those evil knights!
2DZl1.jpg

Another hero occupies a mage.
k18Fl.jpg

Who loses his first heart on contact.
cvD3j.jpg

Next mage must be prevented from casting.
9Zr6Q.jpg

Running.
EqkQB.jpg

And this sucker too.
STeor.jpg

We dont touch our summon since everything is good and he steals experience points...
578Fc.jpg

Enemy turn is very quick and not screencappable. Every unit just does is engaged except for the pseudoarchers below who regroup and face north.
xiMAV.jpg

There they are. We shoot at them. :)
yKEmL.jpg

Set shit on fire. Another imporant thing. We will see later, mabye on the next mission, prolly not.
j3ldO.jpg

Move up.
Hhk78.jpg

Shoot. 10 arrows since the positioning is nice.
TVaTD.jpg

Another quicky. They berskers routed the pseudoarchers. The knights ran too.
bak01.jpg

Wehn dudes die, they flash red.
CvXjn.jpg

Hero dead.
0o8jO.jpg

Level up. M:
3Jd6i.jpg

Mage dead.
HnoIR.jpg

Level up. M:
IfYXR.jpg

We lost one brother.
Tx5MY.jpg

Here are the rest of the dudes who ran. We shoot dem dead. I dont think that you get experience points for killing routing units....
gw7yI.jpg

Beautiful.
q3AN6.jpg

The knights ran but held a second later which can be seen in their descriptions wiht "Halten" which is "Hold". The pseudo arrchers still had "Flight" in there. Anyway, shoot em dead.
VFAfN.jpg

3 gone. Level up for archies.
1 knight ran up into my units and died on contact.
Great thing about flight is that the routing units dont fight, you just step on them and they die.
3OQY3.jpg

Chinamen kills some archies.
5GfTI.jpg

Pew pew pew
ypOIC.jpg

I disengagne this mage by double click on my hero, who in turn goes into flight mode and runs somewhere. You always have to pray that he wont meet some enemy frieds along the way adn dies. Typically, disengaging is a bad idead but here nobody is alive anymore. I disengange and put my MVP into the killing role to levle him up. So that he might keep his 2 magic sticks on a horse!
GAuUg.jpg

Give him an extras sword too.
lJ0LU.jpg

Whoootsh
j85Sh.jpg

Lol, magixs failed.
DH8Rj.jpg

We lost a heart for that....
PH3iK.jpg

Turn 3.
7r9Ug.jpg

Nothing happense.
3qHH7.jpg

We find the last 2 pseudoarchers who ran and trample them.
5DOZP.jpg

Extras sword again.
UKY3F.jpg

Special effects. Yeahhh.
wUupT.jpg

One heart to go.
qhH7v.jpg

Victoly!
5S06n.jpg

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
Almost zero losses. The enemy has not everyone listed as dead but it only counts to campaign points, I guess.
tZFIK.jpg

Elkar, 2. Mission
The surpise attack was a success. Only few troops defend the stronghold. It should be easy to free the city.
WAajz.jpg

Map
urARl.jpg

One dude lost.
9Ye7O.jpg

We give him back.
G2MHh.jpg

And that jew star is for level ups. 6 maximum.
uc26Z.jpg

Ze End.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
I am not.

Some things for the Google bots.

Here are the Demonworld passwords to the campaingn from a memory dump.

CPU Dump

Address Hex dump ASCII

004150C0 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|53 41 52 44|41 53 49 4C| SARDASIL
004150D0 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|
004150E0 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|4D 45 52 47|55 52 49 4E| MERGURIN
004150F0 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|
00415100 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|45 4C 49 41|4E 48 41 59| ELIANHAY
00415110 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|
00415120 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|4D 49 54 48|52 49 4C 00| MITHRIL
00415130 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|
00415140 00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00|47 41 4E 44|41 4C 4F 4E| GANDALON

And here is a nocd patch for the 1.50 version, as well as the dup project file for pussy ass bitches.

http://cdn.anonfiles.com/1334683308449.zip

The demonworld.exe patch simply kills a nag screen for cd1.
The isog.exe is tricky though. There are multiple cd1/2 checks, on mission start, level change, mission end, 4 in total. The patched away functions looks for files too so proper working is not garanteed. But I run multiple ISO missions without problem, with a full install, mind ya. So somewhere in the code the game does fall back onto the install location and it seems to work awrite...

Soulmirror

Barely Literate
Hello, I tried the download, but the link is dead. :( I´m looking for any-way to play Demonworld 1 again and searching the internet for a week now. Please could somebody provide a re-up? This would be too nice and cool. :) Thx in advance

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom