Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Der Geisterturm - second cyberpunk wireframe dungeon crawler from Graverobber Foundation

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Congrats for the release!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Released a quick update. Fixes one typo and a minor issue as well as adds a tiny QoL feature.

* Fixed a typo in the tutorial.
* Fixed incorrect scaling of certain UI elements on displays with 1440p resolution or higher.
* You can now exit terminals by pressing ESC even if they're not finished displaying their text.

Antigoon

Augur
Released a quick update. Fixes one typo and a minor issue as well as adds a tiny QoL feature.

* Fixed incorrect scaling of certain UI elements on displays with 1440p resolution or higher.
* You can now exit terminals by pressing ESC even if they're not finished displaying their text.

I noticed during the tutorial that sometimes the introduction text was displayed after I already finished that part. For example the text prompting me to go to the repair station was displayed after I was there and on my way out. Tiny issue of course

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

I noticed during the tutorial that sometimes the introduction text was displayed after I already finished that part. For example the text prompting me to go to the repair station was displayed after I was there and on my way out. Tiny issue of course
Were you in combat when you passed the tile where these prompts usually appear?

If so, then technically it's not a bug, but rather the way the ingame event system was designed -- unless you're hitting an important story event, which will end whatever battle you're currently in, the transmissions won't occur.

Guess I'll place a few extra checks on these maps to prevent unnecessary prompts (like the one you've mentioned) from triggering if you've already visited that part of the map.

The tutorial is packed with these events to keep it short and to the point, which sometimes makes it tricky to predict where the player will go, while it's a non-issue in the main campaign since these tend to be rather sparse and placed further away from 'combat' areas.

Thanks for reporting this, will be fixed in the next update.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fantastic game by the way zwanzig_zwoelf I have only been able to dump 4 hours on it so far, but from the time that I have spent on it, I've been enjoying it. I plan on spending more time with it. By the way, is there a command to skip turns? It would be nice if I could skip turns. Also very good job on the music. Whoever created the music needs a fucking medal.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Fantastic game by the way zwanzig_zwoelf I have only been able to dump 4 hours on it so far, but from the time that I have spent on it, I've been enjoying it. I plan on spending more time with it. By the way, is there a command to skip turns? It would be nice if I could skip turns. Also very good job on the music. Whoever created the music needs a fucking medal.
Thanks. You can skip turns by pressing End (or Tab).

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks. You can skip turns by pressing End (or Tab).
Lol I knew I missed something. Thanks.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Game needs a hardcore mode, if DE can have a hardcore mode then DG should have one too since they both start with a D.
Also an easy mode, which can be unlocked by beating the game on hard. :smug:

There are no plans to add difficulty settings though.

Is there any way to get a full view of the map? Also how does enemy respawns work? It seems like they just spawn out of thin air.
There's no full map view, just like in the first game -- it's an intentional design decision and I doubt it'll ever change in future entries.

The game uses a random encounter system similar to dungeon crawlers and JRPGs, but adjusted to this type of gameplay.

In normal encounters, enemies spawn once you hit an encounter trigger -- the game checks the current encounter chance and if the check is successful, the enemies spawn in areas assigned to this trigger.
The encounter chance is slightly bumped every time you make a step outside of combat, but gets a noticeable bump if you start wrecking shit like there's no tomorrow.

Every time you hit an encounter, it resets the encounter chance and also gives you a few 'free' steps outside of combat.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Update v1.0.4 released:
  • Added a startup check for actions without any assigned keys. If actions without any assigned keys are detected upon launching the game, the game will revert to the default control scheme.

Currently working on improved key rebinding options, since the options provided in v1.0.2 were quick and dirty solutions.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Welp, the new rebinding interface stormed through the testing phase rather quickly.

• Implemented a new key rebinding menu.
  • Lifted paranoid restrictions from key rebinding. From now on, it only prevents you from clearing the menu controls.
  • Fixed a minor visualization issue in the dynamic menus.
  • Fixed accidental retriggering of one-time story events if the event contained an autosave command.
  • Added another tutorial event to let the player know about terminals.
  • Additional minor fixes and adjustments.

Big thanks to everyone who kept poking me about it, including Ysaye. :positive:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Update v1.0.6 released.

• Added a combat performance analyzer.
  • Fixed incorrect calculation of the evasion chance in certain cases.
  • Fixed a missing edge line on Floor 03.
  • Adjusted AI behavior, enemy stats, and encounter rate.

The new feature might come in handy if you need a very quick idea of what you're doing right (or wrong) while attacking.

4454d9838b3503c1be43b751699c0b2a20e3e931.png

Ysaye

Arbiter
Welp, the new rebinding interface stormed through the testing phase rather quickly.

• Lifted paranoid restrictions from key rebinding. From now on, it only prevents you from clearing the menu controls.
  • Fixed accidental retriggering of one-time story events if the event contained an autosave command.

I was thinking that this one hardcore game if you get locked out forever (at least without reinstalling the game) just by making an accidental mistake of trying to check what keys are mapped where in the settings menu! - maybe you should release a director's cut edition later where this is a thing?

Seriously though thanks for making the game.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

I was thinking that this one hardcore game if you get locked out forever (at least without reinstalling the game) just by making an accidental mistake of trying to check what keys are mapped where in the settings menu! - maybe you should release a director's cut edition later where this is a thing?

Seriously though thanks for making the game.

I couldn't reproduce your issue since the configuration file remains untouched until all keys are rebound, but implemented a paranoid startup check anyway in case I've missed anything.

Not sure if reinstalling would help if this happened since configuration and saves are kept separately.

If you're enjoying the game, consider dropping a review on Steam -- would help a lot in getting more people to take a look at it.

lightbane

Arcane
You sure released updates one after the other. Sadly, I still don't have time to try this, and what time I have I use it to playtest Beautiful Desolation, so I suppose I have an excuse.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Update v1.0.8 Released.
  • Improved AI behavior.
  • Key presses no longer affect the game loop while dismissing the last UI message.
  • Fixed incorrect item pickup message when picking up heavy armor plates.
  • Fixed rare cases where evasion chance wouldn't be calculated correctly if an entity is attacked by stray bullets.
  • Additional performance optimization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom