Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny 2

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by anduin, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    CODEX DELIVERING HARD TRUTHS. thanks bros.

^ Top  
  2. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    You can safely say there is a lot of World of Warcraft in this mix. Destiny has some elements straight from it like gear score, normal and heroics dungeons, weekly raid resets, daily quests and faction reputation. Honestly it does not really complement rest of the game.

^ Top  
  3. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    eatingpopcorn.gif

^ Top  
  4. Idiott Arcane

Idiott
    There's free open beta available throuch blizz client (29-31 August). Not much content but if it's indicative of a final product, it will suck.
    Apparently you can connect a controller to your PC to get an "aim assist" that locks on enemy head when using keyboard and mouse too, also in pvp.

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    I tried it last night and it didn't do much for me (never played the original due to PC Master Race not being allowed in). Graphically it looks alright in a plastic kind of way but there's no interactivity at all with the environment - it can't be destroyed, shot up or moved in any way. The only thing your bullets can actually damage are the enemy who explode in a shower of power ups/ammo when killed. Enemy AI reminds me a bit of Halo in that at least the enemy don't mindlessly charge or play popamole.

I did one defense mission against 3 waves of enemies where there seemed to be other players on my team. A couple of times I seemed to die with no idea why because there was so much happening on screen. I think one of my teammates might have revived me, but that was the limit as far as teamwork went that I could see.

Not tempted to buy at this point in time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Mynon Scholar Shitposter

Mynon

• Shit Shit x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mynon Scholar Shitposter

Mynon
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Anyone playing it on ps4? I started playing it today on PS4, europe, if anyone wants to add me to friends list.

• decline decline x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Tribal Sarah Arbiter

Tribal Sarah
    what does jason schreier of neogaf.com think? I only buy games based on articles he writes about the things other people wrote on reddit

^ Top  
  10. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Is it mostly PvE or PvP? Are there noticeably distinct 'classes' (can I play a healer)? Are there 'dungeons?' It's open world but is there much to do in the world or do you just go back and forth to dungeons... if they exist?

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Castanova Prophet

Castanova
    It's a mix of pve and PvP. Whatever you want.

However they have essentially removed all the RPG esque elements from the game and now it's just Halo Redux. Not worth playing unfortunately.

^ Top  
  12. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Unless you have friends to do PvE raids with (since you can't do those with random people), all you can look forward to from the Destiny end game is typical Halo-era Bungie PvP.

Sounds just like Destiny 1.

^ Top  
  13. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Wait... seriously? There's no public grouping for raids? Anywayz, I saw some footage where they had 'public events' which seemed cool. Since I resubbed to WoW out of boredom I realized I had an additional four tokens in my bags on top of the $345 ($350 is the cap) battle.net balance. I refuse to spend that on the rip-off of Hearthstone packs. I have no interest in Overwatch or playing Derpablo 3 anymore. Not like I'd buy skins in Heroes of the Storm... so the only things I'd spend that money on is future WoW expansions (ugh) or whatever Activision games they stick on battle.net. Figure I might blow the $60 since it's otherwise worthless to me.

^ Top  
  14. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    You can do all PvE content with public groups except for raids. Maybe they changed that for Destiny 2, but since the game is identical in every way that I've seen, I doubt that. If you ever played Halo and thought it was a decent console shooter then chances are you'll think the same of Destiny. Base game campaign for Destiny 1 was short and shit, but the expansions got progressively better and more challenging.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    Game has an extended story campaign that is 100% solo, with cutscenes and whatnot, during the campaign you visit several worlds, each with a map of varying size full of secret chests, patrols (repeatable mini quests), side quests, and multiple quest larger arcs with good rewards at the end, there are also a bunch of public events each with an hard mode variant that is unlocked by the players by fulfilling certain secret objectives during the normal version.

Game has a lot of solo pve content, and the dungeon match and pvp making is very fast. Raids have a cool feature that is called guided games, where you are teamed with a clan team, so they guide you through the content, which is awesome for inexperienced players to 1. Find a clan 2. Learn to play the encounter.

Overall, i find the shooting and flow of the gameplay to be much better than the original, the itemization is also better, as you are fed worth while upgrades at a better rate.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. DakaSha V Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    This game is shit but i play it. Are there any other codex NA retards that do? I really would like to do some raids but fuck joining some large clan with a name like DEATH DEALERS, etc

• Funny Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    I'm downloading the free weekend thing to experience this shit first-hand.

• incline incline x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    I don't think a free weekend is really going to give you the right impression because Destiny 2 plays great moment-to-moment considering Bungie knows how to do console FPS right. It's the MMO part and story that are real stumbling blocks, and at least one of those requires longer investment.

^ Top  
  19. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This shit is free now on battlenet if any one is interested. only need to DL 90 Gb of cutscenes

• Shit x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Just before the new big Warframe update, what a coincidence.

By the way, the opening sequence where you slowly (i.e. slower than usual) crawl through the ruined city in third person, while sad violins obnoxiously play in the background like you're supposed to care, was like:deathclaw:
    At least Borderlands didn't take itself seriously.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    And to think it was a selling point of Humble Monthly in the summer. I swear to god, Activision is desperate as Destiny brand keeps going down the shitter. Not to mention giving it away for free is, just like before, just a ploy to get you to buy season passes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. taxalot Gone forever. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Worth installing (for free) for the single player ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Single player & MP are connected so you'll be getting people anyway. Haven't beaten it but what you're getting is similar to borderlands with better shooting, persistent multiplayer and less trash loot.
    Not very good missions for the first 2hours I played.

^ Top  
  24. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    kind of like the world building but not fond of gameplay. i guess game wasnt balanced around k&m as you can just run forward and execute near headshots without dying

^ Top  
  25. Pika-Cthulhu Arcane

Pika-Cthulhu
    Didnt they license for 4 of these games? Potentially building up audience for Destiny 3 and 4

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)