Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

In case it wasn't obvious, they were facing really shameless hackers. The pvp isn't close to balanced but teleporting behind you with a machinegun that shoots rockets would be a bit much.

Anyway, update dropped and WHOA that's a lot of videos.

Last edited:
Not yet. When the expansion drops in september, "Io, Titan, Mercury, Mars, and Leviathan will be cycled out and no longer be accessible. This includes all PvE activities (including campaigns) on those destinations. [...] To set a new maintainable foundation for the game this fall and to create room for Beyond Light and the future roadmap, the first Destiny 2 deposit into the DCV will be larger than those to come in the future. [...] Content that goes into the Destiny Content Vault may return in the future, altered (if necessary) to fit the new state of the universe."

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49189

The locations listed would include the original campaigns. I assume Forsaken content will be made free-to-play in their place, but that's just a guess.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
They're removing 5 of 7 raids, 7 strikes, all content including story missions related to Io, Titan, Mercury, Mars and Leviathan. In a game that's already starved of content, absolutely ridiculous. My recommendation would to play Warframe or literally anything else.

The map today:
1200px-DirectorShadowkeep.jpg

The map after September 22nd:
EN_1.jpg

Frankly, principle of "fuck you I paid for this" aside, I don't give a shit about any of the content being removed except for the raids but one day they're gonna throw content I actually like such as the Dreaming City in the "Destiny Content Vault" and by then, no one will really care since the precedent was already set.

J1M

Arcane
You buried the lead. They canceled Destiny 3 in favor of DLC.

Game has officially entered whaling mode.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
:what:

Why the hell are they cutting the content? Are they remaking the whole game or what?
Because they can't fit all the content into the game and vertical progression bullshit invalidated the content so they felt "why bother trying to keep it?" My guess is it's all the uncompressed audio in 15 different languages and pre-rendered video hogging up all that space along with some terrible compression methods. When I play Destiny, I wonder where the hell all that hard drive space went.
It's been 15 years since Guild Wars did things right and developers still don't recognize the brilliance of keeping the power level consistent no matter how many expansions you have.

Perkel

Arcane
My friend who plays regularly with me raged so hard that he threw out his D2 collectors to garbage.

The best part of it is that people who paid 60$ for initial game and 60$ for each new expansion (so around 200) are literally getting screwed in ass because they won't be able to play any content they bought.

D2 is basically stealth subscription game.

I really do wonder how they will avoid lawsuits with it.

ADL

Prophet
I would be fine with it being a stealth subscription game if it were in any way on par with a subscription game. I can't believe how little content there is and how much they ask for it. Even more baffling is how people spend 8 hours a day playing this shit. Removing a good portion of the game under the guise of "you won't miss it anyways because of our power creep design" is just taking the piss.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Because they can't fit all the content into the game and vertical progression bullshit invalidated the content so they felt "why bother trying to keep it?" My guess is it's all the uncompressed audio in 15 different languages and pre-rendered video hogging up all that space along with some terrible compression methods. When I play Destiny, I wonder where the hell all that hard drive space went.
It's been 15 years since Guild Wars did things right and developers still don't recognize the brilliance of keeping the power level consistent no matter how many expansions you have.

Nah.

They're doing it so they can sell you back the deleted zones in a future DLC (Shadowkeep).

Codex Year of the Donut
The only good thing about this game was the story campaign. The actual "content"(end game) is complete garbage.
This decision is hilariously stupid.

Aquinas

Literate
The only good thing about this game was the story campaign. The actual "content"(end game) is complete garbage.
This decision is hilariously stupid.
I don't really think anyone at Bungie or most D2 players think the Y1 story was any good, though. I'm not happy to see the Raids go, at all, but Curse of Osiris, Warmind, and even base Red War shit was all pretty terrible. Didn't improve until Forsaken, and all that stuff seems to be being kept in.
I still find it baffling that they found a way to improve their game twice, once in The Taken King and once in Forsaken, and yet they still keep trying to do something different and fall flat on their face for a year until they fix it later. You'd think they'd learn by now how to, at least, copy themselves, but I guess not.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So, content people bought the first season pass for is getting cut? I'm just surprised everyone's taking this lying down.

Aquinas

Literate
So, content people bought the first season pass for is getting cut? I'm just surprised everyone's taking this lying down.
The vast majority of the content being cut is already ignored by the average player. All the enemies are in other areas that are being kept, and no good loot is being lost in the transfer, since it can be recovered.
The only parts that people are upset about are the raids and the Leviathan content that I've seen. Raids should be obvious as to why people don't like the idea, but the Leviathan content was always seen as being nice, so losing it is a decently big blow. Aside from that, people are more upset about Weapon Sunsetting, or making gear have a power cap that won't advance with the power level as the game keeps going. That's some actual bullshit that affects people.

J1M

Arcane
Since the game's apparently going to get culled mid-september I decided to give this a story run. Anyone around GMT+1 interested in teaming up? Just casual PvE through the story content, no pressure, no MMO hamster wheel.
You can probably fix the issue of thinking the story is worthwhile by watching some of it on youtube.

ADL

Prophet
Meh especially in light of them removing half the game in November.

lol fucking shills will defend anything
https://archive.is/oi8ff

Destiny 2 content removed from 10 November
Destinations:

• Mercury
  • Mars
  • Titan
  • Io
  • The Farm
  • The Leviathan
Campaigns and seasonal narratives
  • The Red War (D2's campaign)
  • Curse of Osiris
  • Warmind
  • Season of the Forge
  • Season of the Drifter
  • Season of Opulence

Strikes
  • The Pyramidion (Io)
  • The Festering Core (Io)
  • Savathûn’s Song (Titan)
  • Strange Terrain (Mars)
  • Will of the Thousands (Mars)
  • Tree of Probabilities (Mercury)
  • A Garden World (Mercury)
Raids and Dungeons
  • Leviathan
  • Eater of Worlds (Leviathan)
  • Spire of Stars (Leviathan)
  • Scourge of the Past (Last City)
  • Crown of Sorrows (Leviathan)
PvP modes
  • Supremacy
  • Countdown
  • Lockdown
  • Breakthrough
  • Doubles
  • Momentum Control
  • Scorched
Crucible maps
  • Meltdown
  • Solitude
  • Retribution
  • The Citadel
  • Emperor’s Respite
  • Equinox
  • Eternity
  • Firebase Echo
  • Gambler’s Ruin
  • Legion’s Gulch
  • Vostok
  • Gambit maps
  • Cathedral of Scars (Dreaming City)
  • Kell’s Grave (Tangled Shore)
Exotic Quests
  • Sturm
  • MIDA Multi-tool
  • Rat King
  • Legend of Acrius
  • Sleeper Simulant
  • Polaris Lance
  • Ace of Spades
  • The Last Word
  • Le Monarque
  • Jotunn
  • Izanagi's Burden
  • Thorn
  • Lumina
  • Truth
  • Bad Juju
  • Anarchy
  • Tarrabah
  • Worldline Zero

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I honestly do not see a difference between the last two other than maybe somewhat different lip color, but that could also just come from the different lights.

I've seen people complain about this, but honestly... I just don't see it.
Then again, I've never given a fuck about what my characters look like so I guess I'm just not interested enough in looks to see it :lol:

ADL

Prophet
I can't wait to see where this ends up playercount-wise a couple weeks from now. Bungie realized Destinycucks will buy anything at this point but the impressions on this have been.... Not good. Even worse than Shadowkeep. I think removing the entirety of the base game only to add 2 strikes and a raid to replace it because the game was taking up too much storage for console users was too much for people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom