Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Detective CYOA

EmoBunny

Savant
B:

You motion over to Mandy. "I need a car, I'm going to check out the owner of the gun. Call me as soon as you know if the gun is the murder weapon."
"Okay, you can take that car over there," she motions to a sedan.

You start to open the car when the young officer that was first on scene comes over.
"Sir, I was just called by a Detective Fitz."
"Yes..."
"He said I should drive with you on this."
"Really now."
"Yes sir."

Do you:

A. Accept it and take him with you.

B. Let him down easy.

C. Tell him you don't need a rookie like him.

EmoBunny

Savant
A:

"Alright, you're driving then."

The drive isn't too long. You arrive at a ramshackle house at the edge of town. You head up sagging steps and across a dirty porch to the door.

"Just a second," comes a gruff voice in answer to your knock. When the door opens you are greeted by the sight of a man who appears to be in his eighties.
"Mr. Doherty?"
"That's me. What's this about? Make it quick."
"Is your daughter married to one John Dolan?"
"Yeah, I wasn't happy about it, but she married the prick."
"May I come in sir?" You ask.
He gestures you in dismissively.

You sit on a rotting couch and he takes a rocking chair across the room.
"So are you with the police or something? Did he do some stupid ass thing again and need me to bail him out?"
"Not exactly Mr. Doherty. I'm afraid your son in law was murdered sometime last night."
He is still for a moment.
"Murdered? Well I can't say I'm surprised...or upset."
"Would you mind answering some questions?"
"I guess so."
"Where were you last night?"
"At home in bed, where the hell else would I be?"
"Do you have anyone that can confirm this?"
"Yeah, my fucking wife sleeping next to me."
"All right. Well do you know where your daughter has been?"
"She was her last night too."
"She was? Problems in her marriage?"
"Why the fuck would you say that. I'm the one that didn't like the little cunt. She just wanted to spend the night with her old mom and dad."

As the interview has gone on he has become irritated with you.

"May I ask one more question Mr. Doherty?"
"Shoot."
"Can you explain your gun's appearance next to Mr. Dolan's body?"
He looks at you for a long moment. "No I can't. Now are you with the fucking police? Because you never answered. If you're not, I suggest you get out of my house in five seconds."

Considering the gun at the scene was not the only one registered to Mr. Doherty, you decide discretion is the better part of valor.

Do you:

A. Try to get in contact with Fitz for police backing to bring the guy in, it's blatantly obvious he's involved in some way.

B. Get in contact with the CSI team, see if there's been any evidence that demands immediate attention.

B. No point bringing him in without evidence (gun's circumstantial without placing the guy at the scene) and he isn't going anywhere in his 80s. I'd like a chat with his wife and daughter, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom