Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Detention Delving (CYOA)

Baltika9

Arcane
What do you mean? Describe her?
No, bang her. If you were playing a kill-fuck-marry game with her, the hottest chick from school and the rich guy's daughter, where would you place her?
This is important for my decision making process.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What do you mean?
Ah, the first days on the Codex. Brings a tear to my eye.

Baltika, being a degenerate is my job on these boards. Yours is collecting dues for the Blood God. Do not intrude upon my turf! :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Ah, the first days on the Codex. Brings a tear to my eye.

Baltika, being a degenerate is my job on these boards. Yours is collecting dues for the Blood God. Do not intrude upon my turf! :rpgcodex:
I'm expanding my business ventures and investing into fresh prospects.

Cheesecake

Savant
Nevill: B
asxetos: B
Grimgravy: A
hello friend: A
Kz3r0: B
Gobblecock: C

A: 2, B: 3, C: 1

"Um, you go ahead, Miss Katherine. I managed to bring this pocketbook in, and I think it'll be useful."

Miss Katherine's face makes an obvious show of dismay. "Well, okay. I'll be back in thirty minutes, tops."

She disappears into one of the myriad exits out of the room. You settle down on the bedroll, cross-legged, and begin flipping through the pages of the pocketbook. Each page is only about the size of your palm, and the coverback is synthetic leather. The first few pages are inane ramblings of denial and wishful thinking. Sifting through the contents takes time, but you eventually see something about Bullies:

"Bullies are apparently the outcome of those who linger here too long. It's like a fucking plague. First your extremities lose feeling, then you stop feeling happy, and all sorts of wacky shit. I wouldn't have believed it until they showed me their bully pits. The sick fucks hunt them, capture them, and make them fight for entertainment. I saw a bunch of guard bullies too. There's even a fucking market for buying and selling them!

"Each one looks different: you got big ones and small ones and buff ones and skinny ones. Some are as hairy as monkeys, others as bald as babies. Some are boys, some are girls, some you can't really tell. What they all have in common, though, is the inhuman desire to bully you to death! I saw them throw a kid in the pits; they said he copied off the Headmaster's homework... I didn't think underwear could go up that high.

"The old Janitor told me if you ever encounter a wild Bully in the Detention halls, just ignore them. It's harder than it sounds. Bill lost an ear when he got a wet-willie on our hunting trip. We pleaded for the Headmaster to let us bring more protection. All he said was 'I'll get to it.' Damn asshole. I'm sure he just doesn't trust me. I've worked my ass off for this village for months! And this -"

The writings begin to ramble again, but as you start flipping through the pages, your PE teacher stumbles in through another door, different from where she left. She gives you an exhausted smile before throwing a pack at you. As uncool as can be, not only do you not catch it, you manage to trip over yourself twice trying to pick it up. You imagine your face must be like a rose as Miss Katherine giggles from behind.

"I found this pack stashed away behind a bit of loose bricks. I heard something coming so I just picked up the first thing I felt and bolted for it."

Together, you sit down and begin to unpack the small makeshift bag. Inside you find:

A. Food rations! This will last for a good while, even if it might not taste the best....
B. Flashlight and some batteries. This will be great for exploring!
C. Some spare underwear?
D. An untidy pile of paper that looks like homework.

You look up and see Miss Katherine trying to start up the fire.

A. Help her!
B. Continue reading the pocketbook.
C. "Maybe we should keep going...."
D. Be cool and offer to start the fire yourself.
E. Something else: _____

Nevill

Arcane
That is one scary place. Take the spare underwear, you'll need it.

And try to socialize just a bit. Hitting on the hot teacher aside, it might be important for your survival to be on good terms with your cellmate.

CA

Last edited:

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
D - Nerds love doing homework, especially other people's homework.

E - We should do the homework. After computing the area of a few triangles with one known side using the law of cosines, to warm up our mental faculties, we then progress to doing some partial fraction decomposition. After enough homework is complete that we have convinced ourselves that we are smarter than its erstwhile owner, we crumple the homework up and use it as tinder to start a fire for us in this nymphomaniacal gym teacher's heart in the firepit. Chicks dig a men that has survival skills.

Nevill

Arcane
they said he copied off the Headmaster's homework... I didn't think underwear could go up that high.
We have just learned about Headmaster's headwork. I am surprised there aren't more votes for this. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Oh FINE. Switching to DA.

If the book speaks about the same man, these papers might be something that is worth throwing a person in the dungeon over... which, admittedly, might not be a lot.

Last edited:

Cheesecake

Savant
I'll leave the voting up till either later at night or tomorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom