Official Codex Discord Server

  1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Detention Delving (CYOA)

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Cheesecake, Oct 8, 2015.

  1. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,153
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A
     
    ^ Top  
  2. Cheesecake Savant

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    137
    Votes (open)

    A: Nevill, Grimgravy
    B:
    C:
    D: (Violet)
    E:
    F: lightbane, Violet, hello friend, Baltika9
    G:


    As the elder begins to walk away, you call out. "Actually, I'm missing my friend. Can you help me look for her?"

    The old man raises an eyebrow. "Ah, young love! What's the lass' name?"

    "Miss Katherine Carter. She's my PE teacher."

    The man stops. "I see. I'd highly recommend you come with me, but if you feel you have to go, you have to go. I won't stop you." He surveys the arena, littered with the corpses of his people, one last time and winks at you. "And help yourself."

    You nod thankfully. The mathemagician or whatever he called himself walks away into the distance, disappearing into the serpentine labyrinth. You flex your fingers, coming to grips with your powers. You feel nauseous; the adrenaline of battle seemed to lend itself to your abilities, but now you feel painfully drained. You are filled with hunger. Consumed by it. Possessed by it. And with nothing left to eat - except....

    Crawling over to a body blissfully detached from life, your body impatiently awaits nutrition. You respectfully close the corpse's eyes, apologize to him, and begin to eat.

    ---

    Over the din of battle you roar victoriously. In one, bloody hand you lift the abnormally huge head of Broke Bill, the owner of this particular bullying grounds. When all of your pack has seen the head of the weakling, you throw it away disdainfully. Your pack of bullies howl and growl in reverence. The newly dominated bullies of Broke Bill's grounds prostrate themselves to you.

    You bask in the exultation, the rush, the ecstasy of exerting dominance! But then you remember what life you had after you gave that rush up - a normal life, with friends and a family that cared. You shake your head. No, they were weak. I was weak.

    You refuse yourself, wiping off the blood on your arm disdainfully. You gave up the Killer Kat for a reason. You feel your muscles recede, your fangs reverting back into human canines. You begin to resemble yourself again, and once more staved off the bully in you. But how long can you keep this up?

    You have a family to return to. Your sister, your brother, and your adoptive parents. If the Killer Kat returned, then you could never return to them. You bite your lips, eager to take out your frustration on one of those pathetic, wimpy mongrels- no! You will not give in.

    And anyways, you still have to find your student Harold. You've managed to accrue quite a bit of territory for yourself - the Bone Fens near where you and Harold first camped, and Bill's Broken Grounds. With such land and the manpower, you can easily extort the small student settlements around yourself. With safety and supplies ensured, you can now focus on saving Harold!

    You decide to:

    A. Head out and explore with a small pack of bullies. With such safety, you might not need to use Killer Kat.
    B. Head out alone. A pack of bullies might potentially scare off Harold or whoever has him.
    C. Send out your bullies to find him. They might be a little rough, but on the other side you can oversee your fledgling bullying grounds.
    D. Focus entirely on your new lands. What use is rescuing Harold if you both have nothing to return to?
    E. Focus on defeating rival bully alphas and expanding your territory.
    F. Do something else: ___
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,656
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    :hmmm::prosper:

    We are turning into a ghoul. That's interesting, if a bit revolting.

    Hmm, so the bullies can revert to normal at will, it's just they don't often have the will or incentive to do so.

    Not sure I want to settle in the bullying grounds and live the rest of our lives here. It would probably be better to move and search for a way out, or join a more humanoid-like faction.

    I'd probably prefer A or something that doesn't have us follow in Bill's footsteps.
     
    ^ Top  
  4. lightbane Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,603
    Location:
    Neverwhere
    Well, our chars are quickly losing their humanity. Hopefully we'll find a way to reverse the effects if we wish to escape from here later on.
    Anyway, I say A.
     
    ^ Top  
  5. asxetos Augur

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    Messages:
    779
    Location:
    Greece
  6. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,153
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    8,777
    B>A, getting Harold and Cat together is my goal for this LP.
     
    ^ Top  
  8. hello friend Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2012
    Messages:
    5,645
    Location:
    I'm on an actual spaceship. No joke.
    B
     
    ^ Top  
  9. Violet Literate

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2015
    Messages:
    15
  10. Cheesecake Savant

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2015
    Messages:
    137
    Votes (open)

    A: Nevill, Kz3r0, lightbane, (Baltika9), Violet
    B: Baltika9, hello friend, (Violet)
    C: Grimgravy
    D: asxetos
    E:
    F:

    A. Head out and explore with a small pack of bullies. With such safety, you might not need to use Killer Kat.


    In a throaty growl you gather a pack of your bullies, all eager to please you (and not be pummeled otherwise). You choose one of the myriad secret entrances into your base and proceed to crawl from there. From behind you you hear the clang and clamor of construction, and it gives you a small reassurance that, if nothing else, you'll have some place safe.

    Your trek takes you to the battlefield (a huge chamber), fought on a few nights prior. A great bloodbath would be a better term than battle - corpses of students litter the titanic chamber, faces aghast and pained, their underwear pulled so far as to break their legs and spine, or wet-willied until their brains were crushed.

    However, the bullies here suffered losses too. In the center of the chamber is a perfectly spherical crater; absolutely nothing is inside the crater, except the dismembered limbs just directly outside its borders.

    You recognize the stench in the room. It overpowered you when you strayed near its territory, and now you smell it again - weaker, but nonetheless overwhelming. A bully of horrible power lords over this floor of the labyrinth, and all lesser bullies aside from you pay homage to it.

    Was he here? you think to yourself. You look at your pack - they jitter and jump and every sound. They're agitated by the smell. "Time to go."

    After hours of searching, you begin to lose hope that you'd find Harold in Detention. Though, you do have some choices. There is the travelling school of 101 that travels from floor to floor, or the great city of Physed, wherever that may be. He might be hiding in one of the hovels that students lucky enough to survive create. Or, you think dreadfully, he might be in the Jungle Gym, but you doubt you'd make it in time to save him.

    All these bizarre, outlandish places you've only heard from the more intelligent bullies, but they've probably been exaggerated. Or not.

    You hear the grinding and creaking of wheels, the patter of footsteps, and merry talking. Instinctively, you and your bullies crouch and meld into the cracks and nooks of the Detention walls. The sound becomes louder. You see a caravan, pulled by two gargantuan bullies, blindfolded and chained. The load they are pulling is an ornate box, guarded by students on foot with spitball straws and paper planes.

    "Can't they move any faster?" says a squeaky voice. "We're almost there!"

    "They need to pick on someone," explains another, even squeakier. "They've been pulling for days without giving someone a wedgie."

    "Fine! We'll set up camp here."

    The caravan and its entourage of about fifteen guards begin to unpack and start a fire. An unfortunate wimp is brought up to be pummeled and humiliated by the bullies of burden.

    You decide to:

    A. Leave.
    B. Attack the caravan! Surround them and overwhelm them as they unpack.
    C. Send your bullies to attack for you.
    D. Step out from the shadows and introduce yourself with your pack.
    E. Call off your bullies and greet yourself.
    F. Do something else: ___
     
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    8,777
  12. Nevill Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,656
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Whoa.

    I wonder how safe it is to greet these students who can capture bullies. They might be more powerful then us.

    Still, if we can conceal our bully nature, we might learn something. It is a great risk, though.

    Edit: Grimgravy's F.
     
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    ^ Top  
  13. Grimgravy Augur Patron

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    Messages:
    3,153
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    F: Lay low, watch, and wait. Maybe the caravan will attract something interesting. Even if it doesn't we can great or attack them then.
     
    ^ Top  
  14. Nevill Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    10,656
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Yeah, laying low is a good option. I wonder where it is that they are going.

    Still, that ornate box. Might be something interesting inside... :|
     
    ^ Top  
  15. hello friend Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2012
    Messages:
    5,645
    Location:
    I'm on an actual spaceship. No joke.
     
    ^ Top  
  16. lightbane Arcane

    Infinitron
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    6,603
    Location:
    Neverwhere
     
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)