Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Ash

Arcane
I don't disagree, but decline is decline at the end of the day, and popamole too. Some people are way too positive towards HR. It's alright for what it is, nothing more. My biggest issue with it is it has Deus Ex as the title, because it isn't that much of a Deus Ex game, objectively so. This is measurable in its content and design.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
TotalBiscuit showing he's as popamoley as gaming journalists. The guy pretends to be the embodiment of "PC Master Race", but couldn't even notice the mouse acceleration. Probably plays with a controller when nobody's watching.

Coma White

Educated
Giscy2C.jpg

:smug:

Most of the negative reviews seem to center around the PC port running like shit -- let's be honest; who is still shocked by this being the case? And the horrible stupid retardo microtransactions -- let's be honest; who is stupid enough to pay for items in a single player game/buy season passes?

Ash

Arcane
You can have unique aesthetic through other means, or art direction in general. The game is set in 2029 and they decided to do their own thing with the Deus Ex world, so there's room for creative freedom without making everything yellow. Bloodlines didn't need to do this to attain unique atmosphere and visual splendor, and as a result it is more believable and visually varied.

The piss filter was dumb.

Last edited:

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does that nu worms support voice packs?

From what I have been reading, no, it does not support custom speech banks.

From a Steam user:

WMD does not seem to be up with Armageddon to me at this moment. But: It looks like the closest thing to WA that they ever made after WWP. So if they really patch in all the missing features (Like for example global text chat, custom speech banks, or weapon power options) and also apply tweaks to things like the physics,
if this really becomes the "definitive version of worms", the love letter to Armageddon,then yes : I think it has the potential to become the new Armageddon.

pippin

1,239 reviews already? People are more trigger happy than I was the other day, goddamn. Oh well, it IS popamole, just like HR, and that's all that one needs to know.

Posting negative revies on Steam (or posting any review at all for that matter) is just a meme these days. The kool kidz do it all the time xD

Ash

Arcane
Sounds suspect. Likely a portion of that is false flag attacks: shill puppets belonging to industry competitors to suppress the competition. Given how big money the industry has become this behavior has probably already begun. You'd be a fool dismiss the idea without any evidence either way anyhow. Any douchebag can post a review.

Ash

Arcane
You read all 1,237 reviews? Impressive :P

It is understood that gaming domains, as well as the internet in general has become shill and sockpuppet-infested in recent years anyhow. Would be nice to have some of those to plug my mod.

Last edited:

Coma White

Educated
Sounds suspect. Likely a portion of that is false flag attacks: shill puppets belonging to industry competitors to suppress the competition. Given how big money the industry has become this behavior has probably already begun. You'd be a fool dismiss the idea without any evidence either way anyhow. Any douchebag can post a review.

Believe it or not, I share your overall skepticism. However, I think the even-more unnerving reality is that the hype culture publishers have intentionally and recklessly cultivated does a lot of this type of work for them, without them having to engage in more underhanded tactics. Truth is actually rarely stranger than fiction, but it's often worse all the same.

pippin

Paid reviews are nothing new and you'd have to be extremely naive to consider even the smallest ammount of "truth" behind them. Now, as you said, it's ridiculously easy to spam good reviews or bad reviews. It doesn't matter though. It just gives the press something to talk about.

It's generally mostly people complaining game runs like shit or crashes or whatever.

Which is this.

I find it extremely funny how people want games, tech and everything to be faster and then don't understand why all games and programs are programmed and optimized like shit.

Ash

Arcane
Slightly off topic but the whole mass hype surrounding No Mans Sky got on my nerves quite a bit. No doubt that had quite a marketing force behind it, and all the tards fell for it. Turns out the game is shit (allegedly, according to general consensus and constant butthurt). It's funny but sad at the same time. What about other indies? It's a monopoly on ad space and internet gamer's attention (because they can't think for themselves, apparently). Heck, it probably overshadowed this game a little, and I'd rather "good for what it is" get more recognition than "decidedly bad".

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Games on steam get bombarded with negative reviews for lazy port jobs, technical issues or anything else that garners popular negative attention all the time. No need to assume that bob page got involved. There are no other major releases coming out before the end of the month except Madden, which isn't even on PC.

Ash

Arcane
The concept of competition extends beyond conflicting game release dates. But I'm not making any assumptions, just hypothesizing. If there's big money involved in anything, always be skeptical until proven otherwise.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Competition extends beyond conflicting game release dates. But I'm not making any assumptions, just hypothesizing.

Hypothesise away, but if this were the case we should expect most major releases to get nuked on user reviews, since they are the ones with the fiercest competition surrounding them.

For steam specifically, you need to have launched the game (usually via ownership, although free weekends and playing via family sharing also counts) to run a user review of it, so that makes it logistically challenging to organise mass scale review bombings. It's a lot more complex and time consuming than building a swarm of twitter accounts to boost your numbers, or something like that. It would also leave a huge trail of refunds on accounts with no other purchases which should make them quite easy to track down from Steam's perspective.

Just doesn't seem very plausible imo. For steam reviews, the most consistent pattern I've seen is games with technical issues getting thumbs down reviews on the first few days. Arkham Knight was brutal for this, and well deserved.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Third crash thus far. Second at the exakt same spot.
And I have to endure thousands of only semi-skippable cutscenes including one which is absolutely not skippable to get there again.
This is annoying!

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
And I have to endure thousands of only semi-skippable cutscenes including one which is absolutely not skippable to get there again.
This is annoying!

Try switching to "Exclusive Fullscreen" if you're not already using it. That fixed it for some people that were crashing after the Prague intro.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is annoying!

Try switching to "Exclusive Fullscreen" if you're not already using it. That fixed it for some people that were crashing after the Prague intro.
Okay, will try. Thx!

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Nixxes has posted some info on the steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/355043117526791886/

Hey everyone! Here is a breakdown of current known issues and information for each of them. We will update this post as we have more details to share.

Performance Issues
If you are experiencing performance issues, here are a few workarounds you can try out for now:
  • Update your drivers
  • Turn off MSAA
  • Turn off Contact Hardening Shadows
  • Keep Volumetric Lighting to on or off
  • If you have a 4GB GPU, use settings up to High
  • Use 1080p resolution
  • Enable Exclusive Fullscreen
Crash on startup
This issue is currently under investigation.

Crash at the Train Station

Here are workarounds which have worked for some users:
  • Lower the graphic settings
  • Deselect DLC content from the game's properties in the library
  • Run the game in windowed mode
  • Turn off subtitles
Mouse Acceleration

Axis
The game's option menu doesn't display the settings correctly. Players should ignore what they are seeing in the menu and use what they are noticing in-game.
A fix is coming for this issue.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach - Final Reward
We have identified an issue where the final reward for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach is awarded to the player indefinitely, once he continues clearing maps after having completed the game.

As a temporary fix, this reward has been replaced. Once the issue is fully fixed, the correct reward will be put back in place. Users who have completed Breach in the meantime will retroactively receive the reward.

We will keep you updated on the status of this full fix.

Transmedia Digital Content
Your Digital OST Sampler, Novella, Art Book and Comic Book can be found by navigating to the folder using Windows Explorer. The files will be located here: \Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex Mankind Divided\Extras.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom