Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All the Czech in the game is subtly off, it makes my teeth itch. Real uncanny valley shit. Somebody obviously took care for it not to sound like "you no take candle," but it's all kinda wrong, like who would call a city district "Clean district"? The Czech dialogue often sounds like the VAs had no idea about context in which the line was gonna be used or just did not give a fuck.

I could probably deal with it better if everyone was speaking Russian or something, then I could at least laugh at the sheer idiocy of it.

Also I don't understand why they couldn't use real train and metro stations and decided to make up their own. Růžičkovo nádraží, really? Almost all Prague train stations are named after the district they are in, FFS.

PS also "å" is not a thing that exists, fuck you; and Freedom Beer as a brand sounds retarded, especially only half translated

vmar

Savant
Freedom Beer
635984713121162968-BUD-12OZ-BOTTLE-JKR-SUMMER-SXS.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane

Oh, he's not sensitive to it. :lol:
The biggest irony is that TotalBiscuit has a Steam Curator called "Framerate Police" - a valid cause - in which he and his fanbase trash people who don't care/can't notice the difference in framerates. One would think fucked up mouses controls would be the first thing an actual PC gamer would notice.

This is the ugly side of Steam's rise: post-console retards who don't know shit and get off to their fake elitism memes. I would be ok with it under normal circumstances. After all, the more the merrier, we all benefit from a bigger audience and all that.
The problem is that people like him and the hacks at PC Gamer, PCGamesN, etc are writing "port reviews" as if they have high standards and know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
All the Czech in the game is subtly off, it makes my teeth itch. Real uncanny valley shit. Somebody obviously took care for it not to sound like "you no take candle," but it's all kinda wrong, like who would call a city district "Clean district"? The Czech dialogue often sounds like the VAs had no idea about context in which the line was gonna be used or just did not give a fuck.

I could probably deal with it better if everyone was speaking Russian or something, then I could at least laugh at the sheer idiocy of it.

Also I don't understand why they couldn't use real train and metro stations and decided to make up their own. Růžičkovo nádraží, really? Almost all Prague train stations are named after the district they are in, FFS.

PS also "å" is not a thing that exists, fuck you; and Freedom Beer as a brand sounds retarded, especially only half translated

Now you know how Chinese players felt in Hengsha and Hong Kong.

I'm praying that we get a game set during the "Australian Civil War" so I can die laughing at it
:australia:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Third crash thus far. Second at the exakt same spot.
And I have to endure thousands of only semi-skippable cutscenes including one which is absolutely not skippable to get there again.
This is annoying!

Try switching to "Exclusive Fullscreen" if you're not already using it. That fixed it for some people that were crashing after the Prague intro.
That actually worked. Thanks a lot! :salute:

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Deus Ex Wiki said:
In 2025, Australia has found a large underground reserve of fossil fuels off of the coast of Antarctica. By this time, fossil fuels are in short supply, which lead to conflicting interests between northern Australians, who wished to provide oil for China and for their own benefit, and the more Westernised South Australia Federation. The two factions have since resorted to war...

By 2027, the Northern Territory has been placed largely under SAF control. The North's government has evacuated abroad and set up a government-in-exile. Meanwhile, any major uprisings are quelled by mercenary units on SAF's payroll, including one notable incident when the 12th Regiment of Belltower Associates shut down a revolt in the Northern Territory.

Hilarious considering hardly anybody lives further north than Brisbane (as a portion of the total population) and those that do tend to be rural farmers and mining types. Let's just say that the Northern Territory and Queensland aren't bastions of Pro-Chinese sentiment :lol:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did any game ever get a foreign country right?

The chinese portions of DEHR were acceptable, actually. Something happened here.
Oh, it's pretty acceptable, that's the problem. It almost seems real and then it bushwhacks you with something weird - most of the street names for example are all grammatically correct, just often not a thing you would name a street here. Also the street signs for some reason switched the place for the name of the street and name of the city district (at least that's what I assume "Překážka" is supposed to be).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
First impressions:
- Dialogue is weak but then this should be expected from a bunch of french hipsters.
- Some characters are more edgy and cringe-worthy than Jensen ... *cough* ... doctor Koller.
- The game's biggest problem are the controls. They suck.
- Everything else is bland. The game is quite boring. I'm not sure who is the target audience for this game.

Notorious

Augur
So apperently the Season Pass gives you 4 Praxis Kits and 5000 Credits. They don't know about Cheat Engine do they?

Disgruntled

Savant
Mouse acceleration is way fucked. I looked around a bit on landing and then quit. :decline:
How this passes for a PC FPS release is beyond me. Honor the legendary PC born Deus Ex by at least getting the mouse right you utter cunts.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Mouse acceleration is way fucked. I looked around a bit on landing and then quit. :decline:
How this passes for a PC FPS release is beyond me. Honor the legendary PC born Deus Ex by at least getting the mouse right you utter cunts.

Reportedly they're "working on it". In the mean time I found the aiming to be bearable if I turned the sensitivity down to 20-25. If you have a highly sensitive mouse, you'll want even lower than that.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like it so far. It's more of the same, and I really didn't expect or wanted anything else. I liked Human Revolution. I do notice the mouse acceleration though, probably the only thing that annoys me so far. Aiming feel so... jittery. I'm surprised that my old 770 still holds up. I'm forcing the game to run at 30 fps in the NIVIDA experience thing with the graphics on high, all extra settings on. Without the lock the fps goes up and down, from 30-60 and down again when more stuff is on the screen... I can't stand that so I rather just lock it and it seems to work well. And yeah, infiltrating feels fun. Many different ways to get inside and around while inside buildings.

Drakortha

Liturgist
looks like they didnt go crazy with the crafting system. The last game I played was Fallout 4, and everything in that was crafting, which made exploring and looting tedius. There is a semblence of balance here. Some things can be crafted, but most things you need to find or buy yourself. Also I'm really happy to have multi-tools back.

Last edited:

imweasel

The game is good, pretty much Human Revolution 2.0 with improved graphics. Jensen's apartment has so much detail, I think I spent 45 minutes looking at everything as well watching TV. :) (I have no idea why Jensen thinks he needs hand moisturizer. :lol:)

The port is not very good and really needs some patching, so you have to turn off some of the graphics options to get good performance. Turning off MSAA as well as volumetric lighting and enabling exclusive fullscreen improves performance substantially. According to GPU-Z the game also eats VRAM for breakfast, luckily my AMD RX 480 has 8GB VRAM, so I can play with ultra textures and details.

Kind of sucks, but I can deal with it. Whoever preorders should always be prepared for shit like this.

Mouse acceleration is way fucked. I looked around a bit on landing and then quit.
Lower mouse acceleration to 1%, then it works a lot better.

Stupid, I know.

vean

Scholar
looks like they didnt go crazy with the crafting system. The last game I played was Fallout 4, and everything in that was crafting, which made exploring and looting tedius. There is a semblence of balance here. Some things can be crafted, but most things you need to find or buy yourself. Also I'm really happy to have multi-tools back.
Crafting in Fallout 4 was entirely optional, except when you make the teleporter.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Total biscuit saying performance is fine, even tho is pc is shit...

But the only one full of shit is he, as his pc hardware is much better than anything most people can afford.

I don't think that he meant that his PC is not powerful enough. Everything he said (like "broke as hell") suggests that his PC needs replacing because there is something wrong with it (maybe it's malfunctioning somehow).

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Anyone else not even thinking about getting this besides me? The last one was just completely devoid of challenge and barely had any chargen, nevermind meaningful chargen. It is just a pure console game with a few different ways to complete quests, and not a rpg. This thread should be moved to the non-rpg game section if it is like the last one.
Uh, excuse me? DX:HR is RPG Codex 56th Top RPG of All Time.

That is because this site is filled with console monkey savages who love console games and never even hear of, never mind play, real crpgs.
Obviously. Or maybe most of the Codex can enjoy these newer games and not just the old ones.

There are already 'new' good CRPGs in the market. You don't have to rely on popamole :M

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Performance isn't that bad, I run 60 fps with a 970x and i7 4970 at everything very high, msaa off, exlusive fullscreen, volumetric light on, hardned shadows off.

I like the game so far. Everything I expected from this.

TOUGH GUY

Educated

"Subtly off"... Does every street sign still say "obstacle" instead of "street"? I have noticed it in the trailers and there's even a thread at the official forum listing and reporting all manner of awfully translated bits. From over a year ago. I particularly enjoyed "visoké napětí". Like that thread says, the localization was certainly not done by a native speaker, nor anyone proficient in Czech at a level required for commercial work.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom