Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Mods - a How to guide by Jaesun

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some people have a problem with sound cutting off in conversations and choppy animations. This can be fixed on the renderer settings, setting the FPS limit i think.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just set Vsync to true in DeusEx.ini in the appropriate renderer section.

Though I think Deus Exe already handles this.

Gmork

Novice
I get a critical error when starting the game:
"Failed to find object 'Class otpUIfix.otpRootWindow'"
:M

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Gmork said:

AT one time you edited deusex.ini in order to use the UI fix and now for some reason you have removed it.

Open up \DeusEx\System\DeusEx.ini and change this line:

Root=otpUIfix.otpRootWindow
to
Root=DeusEx.DeusExRootWindow

Gmork

Novice
ghostdog said:
Gmork said:

AT one time you edited deusex.ini in order to use the UI fix and now for some reason you have removed it.

to

Thanks, but I followed what the guide said and only edited HDTP.ini. I haven't edited DeusEx.ini.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Gmork said:

What OS are you using.

I need to update this for Win 7..

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Gmork said:
ghostdog said:
Gmork said:

to

Thanks, but I followed what the guide said and only edited HDTP.ini. I haven't edited DeusEx.ini.
There must be a same line in HDTP.ini

Unless you have the steam version of Deus Ex that doesn't like the sheeple using any mods.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you're playing the Steam version of Deus Ex, you need an .exe from the patched retail version (or Deus Exe) to play mods, since they usually copy the .exe and rename them.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'll necro this since it's a nice thread anyway.

Awesome post in the hdtp forum :

A dying mans wish said:
Hello,

I am 97 years old and loved deus ex when I was a much younger man. It would easily be my favourite game and as you might imagine I have been playing games since my very first pinball machine. I attribute my game playing as the reason why my mind has remained sharp even at this age.

I have been waiting for HDTP to be released since 2006 when I vowed that I would play through Deus Ex once more before I died with the updated graphics.

Unfortunately, I have just been informed that I have 3 months left to live (I would prefer not to delve into the reasons why as they are very personal).

I have remained silent all these years hearing that the characters are complete and you are just waiting on the weapons. After applying all the mods it is the characters that are the most lacking, I find the weapons to be fine.

Please release the characters now to fulfil my dying wishes.

Link : http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/vi ... =9&t=10786

:lol:

:salute:

Gord

Arcane
Necro'ed again for announcement on New Vision:

Coming Jun 10, 2011

Although I'm not sure what exactly will be different from the public beta.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Gord said:
Necro'ed again for announcement on New Vision:

Coming Jun 10, 2011

Although I'm not sure what exactly will be different from the public beta.

The public beta had about 70% of the textures, so, good news.

Also , as I recall, they said they were going to release the final version of new vision along with HDTP, so hopefully that too will finally see the light of day.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Guide is too long for me to stay focused. I just want the game to look good without sacrificing any stability stuff.

Gord

Arcane
So much for June 10th: ;)

DaveW said:
I'm still hoping to release this month and probably this time next week.

Edit:
Coming Jun 17, 2011

Guess we'll manage waiting another week...

Edit #2:
As I'm a bit of a graphics whore sometimes, here's how I got DX + Shifter + New Vision + DX Enhanced + HDTP to work:

1. Install DX, maybe do a backup, run it once without any mods (this is needed later for HDTP).
2. Now install the DeusExe from Kentie (and the DX10 renderer if needed), set it up according to Jaesuns guide
3. Install NewVision (or don't, or install it later, NewVision is quite forgiving)
4. Install HDTP
5. Install Shifter
6. Install DX Enhanced
7. To get HDTP working with the rest, simply copy the one Animation file from the /HDTP/Textures/ folder to the standard DX textures folder (/"DX1 installation folder"/Testures/), Shifter should recognize it and do the rest for you
8. Start DX by using the normal link/the Kentie .exe . Do not use the HDTP link!
9. Enjoy! roofles!

Note: I'm not 100% sure as to when it's best to install HDTP, but this way worked for me, don't forget to run DX once without mods and to put that HDTP file into the /textures/ folder and you should be fine.

kaizoku

Arcane
Coming Jun 10, 2011
Coming Jun 17, 2011
Deus Ex : New Vision
Deus Ex mod | Coming Jul 31, 2011

Release dates. Release dates always change.
The Romans based game by ITS was supposed to be released next thursday.
Scars of War was being developed by one man from his lust for good gameplay and role playing.
TheCodex, with the purpose of inclining good games release dates, shaped a battered Internet into an hivemind of butthurt and trolling superpower.

But release dates [for nice things] always change.

On their news section, on Jul 6th, 2011, they say:
Again for those not following on the forums, the official plan is to release the texture packs ASAP. After that, a team of mappers will be attempting to enhance the graphical quality of the levels - fixing texture alignment errors and adding additional detail to get the most out of the new textures. Ideally this would be released the same time as our sister mod, HDTP.

Can anyone confirm this? Could HDTP be released on the 31st as well?

And from what I could see from videos and the mods description, isn't HDTP (characters and items) more relevant than New Vision (world)?

Anyhow, during the 1st week of August I will install the game and play it for the first time. :thumbsup:
Expect me annoying you guys for the optimal install procedure then.

Gord, any reason why you didn't install ENB?

And is the Ultra High Quality Mod nothing more than a customized ENB file?

EDIT:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... -with-mods
It's come to my attention that the DirectX 10 renderer may not be compatible with the ENBSeries (see below), so you may want to stick to D3D9 if you want bloom and bump maps.
So which is better D3D10 renderer or ENB?

EDIT2:
found this http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/vi ... 08&p=88744

J1M

Arcane
I want to play Red Sun.

Which is less work on windows 7?
-Pirate a copy of DX and install the mod
-Modify my steam version of DX to get the mod working

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
J1M said:
I want to play Red Sun.

Which is less work on windows 7?
-Pirate a copy of DX and install the mod
-Modify my steam version of DX to get the mod working
Get a cracked or original DeusEx.exe, replace the Steam exe, then install the mod (don't install it until after the exe is replaced, since it copies it for its own use).

There's also a new version of Deus Exe, but I've had problems setting up mods in earlier versions, since it moves the config files of the base game to your Documents folder, and so the mod fails to copy the correct ones. If you're willing to manually edit the mod's .ini files (just copy the relevant resolution, renderer, and FOV settings from the orignal .inis, I think), then give it a try.

Gord

Arcane
kaizoku said:
On their news section, on Jul 6th, 2011, they say:
Again for those not following on the forums, the official plan is to release the texture packs ASAP. After that, a team of mappers will be attempting to enhance the graphical quality of the levels - fixing texture alignment errors and adding additional detail to get the most out of the new textures. Ideally this would be released the same time as our sister mod, HDTP.

Can anyone confirm this? Could HDTP be released on the 31st as well?

No, the plan is to first release New Vision, textures only (which has been done now) and THEN start slightly altering the maps in a way that they look better with the new maps. This may be released together with HDTP.

My guess on the release date is sometimes around when pigs learn to fly... :troll:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Jaesun, I was just wondering: in advanced rendering options for DX10 renderer I see that bumpmapping and paralax occlusion are set to FALSE. Any reason for that? Does it look like shit with this options? Are those options broken for Deus Ex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom