Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Mods - a How to guide by Jaesun

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Terminus Machina Recently got proper release after endless beta stage.
Cleve's Seal of Approval
Mate!

It took conspiracy part from original Deus Ex and boosted it 10 times, plus after that it's about hacking and whatnot.
And you need to take care of your hunger.
VHOokmV.jpg
Lets_Play_Terminus_Machina.png

http://www.moddb.com/mods/terthos
Mutations is Deus Ex as a dungeon crawler. Nothing special and last underground base is insanely vast.
He did something to the keypads in the game but forgot what it was specifically.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yo bros, I'm compiling the Desu Ex mod recommendation list for the CRPG Book, any tips?

This is what I got so far:

Mods:

The Nameless Mod: A long and elaborate campaign, featuring great level design and two separate story-lines. A memorable experience, even if the setting is a bit silly.

2027: A prequel to Deus Ex, very faithful in terms of gameplay, exploration and setting. Highly recommended.

ZODIAC: An excellent set of six missions where you play as Paul Denton, uncovering some of the game’s mysteries.

Deus Ex: Nihilum: Another great fan-made campaign.

Deus Ex: Revision: A collection of mods that overhauls the base game with new graphics, soundtrack, tweaks and gameplay changes. Conveniently available on Steam.

GMDX: Another extensive overhaul mod, but arguably a more hardcore and faithful alternative to Revision.

HDTP / New Vision: Two mods that updates the game’s models and textures. Featured in both Revision and GMDX.

Shifter / Biomod: Two rather controversial mods, they rebalance the whole game, adding new gameplay features, weapons, augmentations and rewards. Not for everyone.

Pretty much. Another total conversion that hasn't really seen much of the spotlight is Resun2020 and it's pretty good with nice big complex levels, it's only problem IIRC being a little unfinished in the end levels.

As for revision, I don't know how they advertise the mod, but its main feature and attraction is that it expands almost all levels adding new areas and secrets with changes in some of the architecture. The graphical changes are of course due to that (textures and models are from new-vision and HDTP). As for any actual gameplay changes they come from shifter or biomod mods if you choose to install them, I believe without them the game is basically vanilla gameplay-wise. There were more enemies in the beta game, but in the release version I didn't spot any of that.

GMDX's most important features (IMO) are the gameplay changes which feature AI improvements, rebalance/tweaks of augs and skills and the expansion of mechanics (added perks, stamina, light level like thief, etc)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I still don't get that Revision idea, it's bullshit for me. This mod is package containing bunch of other mods merged together into one playable pack, most of them (if not all) work on retail/DRMfree version of the game, some of them (most?) were made before Steam happened or was important.
And all answers you got are "lol dude it's only $2". I just don't...support this mundane thing.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
What? Revision on Steam is free, you only need to pay for the base Desu Ex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom