Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #47: Announcing Underrail: Expedition

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hey guys,

It's been almost eight months since the last formal dev log. That doesn't mean we haven't been busy working on new stuff, however, and now at long last we can announce the first Underrail expansion - "Expedition".

In Expedition you'll be able to take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to the infamous Black Sea, a massive underground body of water.

There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you'll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Expedition will feature the following:
  • A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
  • Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types - shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
  • New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
  • New items and crafting recipes
  • New skills and feats
  • Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from

Over time we'll be revealing more details through the dev log, so expect those to once again flow regularly as they did before the game's release.

We expect to release the expansion during the first half of 2017 as a paid DLC.

P.S. next dude to post my announcement before me will be banned for life!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
P.S. next dude to post my announcement before me will be banned for life!
I'm sorry! :)
I came here to do the very same thing... :D

Anyway, the expansion seems super cool. Just more of the great stuff with more items, more crafting, more feats and more areas to explore.

Also, the new areas seem even more pretty than the current ones. Probably some new assets but I like the constant improvement.

Edit: And this announcement just motivated me to finish my utterly overpowered Psi user playthrough.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love it! Always wanted to do a replay of the game as well, on account of Hard mode having better AI.

I just hope the next next expansion will take place post-game! Wanna see northern Underrail..

Urbanolo

Augur
Change the foundry quest to something more bearable please. I can even pay for this shit.

Also: there is still a long wait till this gets released :negative:

epeli

Arcane
Will there be changes to the main campaign?

Styg said:
We will continue to release updates for the base game as well. In the next update, you'll find that, in addition to fixing bugs, we've done some improvements as well. But more on that in some future dev log.
wink.gif

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Don't much care for mid-game expansions, but I hope it sells well.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm pressing F5 like a retard. It looks too good to be true.

Didn't feel like this in long time.

:bounce:

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How does this work with the base game? What if you already finished it? Need a save, probably from outside of DC, I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom