Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #56: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.3.13

Tygrende

Arbiter
A really good (although kind of illegitimate) method to approximate the location of stealthed enemies is to throw caltrops somewhere where they are likely to walk through and watch the combat feed. As soon as you see someone taking damage you know they are inside the caltrops.

Lhynn

Arcane
I dont get the point of hyperallergy, it basically leaves you with no options gameplay wise.

razvedchiki

Erudite
So I made an energy pistol build with 10 Dex/intell 8 per and rest 3 and picked up high technicalities.not sure if its a trap feat,laser pistols does 25-30 DMG with it per hit and I need 3 pistol hits to kill a rathound in dominating.

Ent

Savant
Energy pistols get good after you get sufficient crit chance/damage bonuses stacked up. Intelligence is better left off at 7 to get the crafting feats - perception gives a similar amount of damage and adds to your accuracy as well by the time you hit the cap. I have no clue about dominating though - it sounds like that difficulty has some kinks to be ironed out.

Ent

Savant
I think so - each point of perception gives 8% increased gun damage at max lvl along with the increase to accuracy - which is a big deal for pistols due to their relatively short range. Thats not saying that high technicalities is a bad feat tho - it gives you an extra percentage increase in damage and you are going to have to invest in at least 7 int for a laser build anyway. Basically it boils down to if you want more skill points to work with or if you want to have some more accuracy with your pistols - the damage seems to be the same.

Lhynn

Arcane
10 perception is better than the 40% DMG you get from maxed intelligence with high technicalities?
As far as i know each point in int gives 8% extra damage. each point in per gives 10% extra skillpoints, which is roughly equivalent in terms of damage (8.5%) and also influences accuracy. Therefore making int just worth it for the 7 to get the crafting feats. An increase in 16% isnt too shaby tho.

hilfazer

Scholar
As far as i just tested 1 PER at lvl 25 gives 4.1% or 4.4%, for 2 pistols i tested.

Edit:
I raised PER from 10 to 11, skill jumped from 203 to 215.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Interesting. Is the damage calculation on the build calculator inaccurate then?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I think that feat Technicalities or omething, only worth to take for spare feat points youwill get past lvl 25, or at best close to lvl 25.
If the choice is Perception vs Intellect, then Perception, because better to hit with weaker shots, than to miss with stronger.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Styg, could you please confirm that the expansion is never coming out so that I don't needlessly start up a new game only to find out the expansion was right around the corner?

hilfazer

Scholar
Interesting. Is the damage calculation on the build calculator inaccurate then?

Builder is correct. Going from, say, 242% to 251% is a 9 percent point difference, but 251 compared to 242 is 3.7% bigger ( 251/242 = 1.0372 ).
AFAIK HT bonus is multiplicative with all others so 1 INT would increase 242% to 242*1.08 = 261.36%.
Remember character sheet does not show damage from HT.
Since 7 INT is pretty much necessary for energy weapons and Expansion is likely going to add +2 INT drug HT looks really sweet.

Ent

Savant
ahh I thought high technicalities was an additive point increase akin to perception increases - that does make the feat even more appealing then.

razvedchiki

Erudite
guys will i get a merchant to offer different things if i quicksave and quickload before speaking to him?i want some stuff to craft and its driving me nuts,spent the past 3 hours waiiting for the stores to restock multiple times and still no luck.

hilfazer

Scholar
guys will i get a merchant to offer different things if i quicksave and quickload before speaking to him?i want some stuff to craft and its driving me nuts,spent the past 3 hours waiiting for the stores to restock multiple times and still no luck.

It used to work like this but no longer does. When purchasing component it's good to think what will you craft in the future, not just what you want right now. I often buy components with requirements beyond my skills.
If you still has access only to Junkyard and SGS merchants are rather limited but once you complete Junkyard quest there will be much more of them.
Item management in this game can be a huge time sink especially for a crafter.

razvedchiki

Erudite
How do you guys deal with the pain silent island?3 super duper azuridae is too much quick load quick save intensive!I guess a sniper build can one shot them but what can assault rifle/melee builds do to kill them before they start casting?

I can't count the times when I have managed to kill them all only to find Broderick dead amongst azuridae bodies,maybe in some future hotfix he will be more passive.

Tygrende

Arbiter
How do you guys deal with the pain silent island?3 super duper azuridae is too much quick load quick save intensive!I guess a sniper build can one shot them but what can assault rifle/melee builds do to kill them before they start casting?

I can't count the times when I have managed to kill them all only to find Broderick dead amongst azuridae bodies,maybe in some future hotfix he will be more passive.
I killed the rathounds without attracting the bettles and then simply stealthed by them to pick up the cargo. The small island with the dead man is a really good place to engage the rathounds from if you can spot the hidden path leading to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom