Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Dante's voice

:deathclaw:
IMDB says it's Reuben Langdon, same voice actor for Dante in DMC3, 4 & the anime.

But still sounds nothing like him
10 years since he last voiced dante, chronologically dante has had many voice actors anyway

It still sounds like him to me. Yeah his voice has changed a little bit, but that is what happens when you age. Which is fitting since Dante is a lot older now.

Also, I love how Lady looks in the game. I want Dante to get with Lady so he can have a son and fulfill his taunt at the end of DMC1.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1537412222127.jpg
Fucking Capcom will put the original battle musics of DMC1-2-3-4 behind a Deluxe edition paywall, meanwhile delivering us this new trashy Dante music. Capcom's gonna Capcom. Thankfully everything else looks great.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It still sounds like him to me. Yeah his voice has changed a little bit, but that is what happens when you age. Which is fitting since Dante is a lot older now.

Also, I love how Lady looks in the game. I want Dante to get with Lady so he can have a son and fulfill his taunt at the end of DMC1.
Whoa this crap is incredibly cheesy. Why the fuck do they hug after beating Mundus? Later stories like the anime or DMC4 didn't make their relationship like this.

Perkel

Arcane
TGS trailer. Looks juicy as fuck.
Also it looks like game will have 2-3 player COOP.

lol wut:

Ivan

Arcane
Gross. And he's wearing Sandals. No self respecting man wears sandals in public.

Still hyped as fuck to play this over n over n over again

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally got around to listening to Dante's theme. This song is shameful on every level possible. How on earth could they follow up Nero's theme with this? Who greenlit this? The screaming vocalist is awful and he sounds like a screeching girl at some points. The instrumentals themselves sound like generic heavy riffs with zero hype or energy. What a boring sleepy song.

Edit: Nvm song has been cut from the game now.

Edit Edit: Apparently the song wasn't even written for Dante. The original description of the song was written by the band as "theme for our foul mouthed anti-hero". They made the theme for Donte not Dante

Last edited:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Christ, the female characters look worse than you'd see in even the most Kotaku-approved Western game. I'd like to think this will be another case of get woke go broke, but Capcucks will defend this.

sullynathan

Arcane
Christ, the female characters look worse than you'd see in even the most Kotaku-approved Western game. I'd like to think this will be another case of get woke go broke, but Capcucks will defend this.
Trish is oddly skinnier, and has smaller boobs pretty sure it's due to whatever model they picked to model because the nose is also a bit longer., other than that, her design is exactly the same as the original Devil May Cry. Really, they could've used whatever model they wanted since Trish isn't human anyway and can shapeshift.

Nico looks pretty good though

and Lady looks good, not sure how she looks ugly and she's not 16 anymore, likely 40 or older.

Games is already at the top of STEAM charts. Sorry man, you have to go back

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Yeah, I'm sure Trish's slutty top is Kotaku approved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom