Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I kind of feel like I'm ready for the Bloody Palace now that I finished the game once and collected all Vitality and DT upgrades. I want to play more with V but I feel like the missions + bosses that are available to him in the main campaign aren't enough and think that BP will be the perfect place to really get to try him out. I feel a bit disappointed in general that there's no option to play every mission with the character of your choosing.

Ivan

Arcane
Finished the first playthrough and I'm glad they learned their lesson of regurgitating the same levels in DMC 4. It feels great switching between Dante and Nero, but I haven't quite clicked with V just yet.

Def looking forward to a few more playthroughs. I do feel like the game's locations are pretty "safe" and would have liked something more rad. I don't think I'll remember the locales much after I put this back on the proverbial shelf.

sullynathan

Arcane
Just finished the game. Bar none the best Devil May Cry game and you know I played them a lot.
What they did for Nero is commendable, they made a one trick pony very versatile, by the time I started Son of Sparda, his moveset has now opened up a lot. What can I say about Dante? He's already perfect with more options than even DMC4. V, I like purely depending on what boss you fight.

Gonna work my way up to Dante must die and I'm waiting for Bloody Palace. If it has full co-op and Vergil, even better.

I feel a bit disappointed in general that there's no option to play every mission with the character of your choosing.

Ah shit, I'm still going through it (done 10 missions) and I was hoping for an unlockable campaign mode that does this. V is sort of enjoyable but also not quite what I want. Would like a complete playthrough without using him.
Really cool game though overall, plays great, looks nice. Cool memorable boss fights. Lots of cringey shit in cutscenes and atrocious music as usual but at least you can disable it here, unlike DMC3 which I actually abandoned on my attempted PS2 emulator run because of it. Perhaps I'll see about latest PC edition, if I can at least delete music files there.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
FYI Nero can do an aerial taunt that also acts as an aerial evade. Have fun getting a shitload of Style while evading enemies with that one. It's fun as hell. I liked Nero a lot in DMC4, a lot more than Dante actually, but they really hit the ball out of the park with his concept in DMC5 with all the little touches. Getting his
Devil Trigger and grabby arm back after beating the game
also makes him so much more fun and mechanically deeper. Playing DMC5 is such a joy.

Jinn

Arcane
So do we have information as to whether the Bloody Palace is going to be a paid DLC or free?

Jinn

Arcane

Absolutely love the Nico's Van track. Overall, I was really happy with soundtrack as a whole, including the nice atmospheric exploration tracks. Kota Suzuki did a real good job. Though Dante's combat theme was probably my least favorite of the bunch, which is a bit of a bummer.

sullynathan

Arcane
I also found the problem for the constant crashes, not enough memory on my computer for some of these settings but the game doesn't communicate that because the game still runs very well on those settings. When I put the settings to default, the game stopped crashing all together

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
I played on PS4 pro. My major gripe is the damn loading screens. So many, they don't take too long but they really break the flow of things.

I am replaying missions now to get S ranks. The game is awesome but I would still put DMC3 above it, the bosses had charisma and were memorable, and almost all the bosses in that were exceptional. In DMC5, some of the bosses are great but really a lot of them lack the flair past bosses had.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Lots of cringey shit in cutscenes and atrocious music as usual but at least you can disable it here, unlike DMC3 which I actually abandoned on my attempted PS2 emulator run because of it.

Oh c'mon man. Cutscenes in DMC3 were spectacular.

I would still put DMC3 above it ... almost all the bosses in that were exceptional

Agni & Ruda, Beowulf and Vergil were great. The rest not so much, Arkham was horrible though.

Ivan

Arcane
Bros, I've solved my stuttering issue. Had to do with one of those few options that only impact cutscenes (ones that say Variable). Deactivating at least one of those solved my stuttering. For reference, my game would stutter every few minutes, regardless of what was happening on screen. Glad I found my solution. Breezing thru Son of Sparda to unlock everything.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Still on Mission 15.
The level design here is so far the best in the game. Multiple paths and challenges plus a secret mission. I also like the aesthetics a lot.
Will there be anymore levels after this one that are as non-linear?
Also the Boss is pretty good. That chicken has kicked my ass now 3 times. I am looking forward to DMD.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ADACF268710E77084A17172D08F2D49419B6807D

Their nonchalant acting is hysterical.

Ivan

Arcane
Still on Mission 15.
The level design here is so far the best in the game. Multiple paths and challenges plus a secret mission. I also like the aesthetics a lot.
Will there be anymore levels after this one that are as non-linear?
Also the Boss is pretty good. That chicken has kicked my ass now 3 times. I am looking forward to DMD.

Negative. Only 2 missions feature non-linear elements that I crave. Glad that I at least got some of them before the ending. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom