Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, Nero is pretty fun. I enjoyed playing him the most.
Dante is pretty nice, but you really have to get the hang of switching styles, and I didn't like V too much.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I like V, it's pretty fun to be massacring demons all the while you read poetry near then. Comparing him to the PC's in 4, the only ones better than him are Vergil and Dante
Sure he's not as versatile and fun as Nero or Dante (because he doesn't have as many moves as both those 2 have), but still there's a good amount of depth to him.
People are not aware of that complexity because barely anyone plays with him.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Whilst he does have a lot of depth, its tricky to get into it because of how differently he plays. You actually want to stay away from the enemies with him and let your summons do the fighting, which means that you have to keep track of your position relative to the enemy and your summons, and that can get awkward.
When you manage to pull it off though it feels really satisfying. My first S rank with him felt so good.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A character like V is more suited to an action RPG. When you start DMC you want to play characters like Nero, Dante and Vergil. But imagine summoner class in Dragon's Dogma 2, they have to do it.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well I can't blame for wanting to try something different, specially considering in the end while not as good as the other two, he is still fun. And what I specially appreciate is the fact that he has his own unique playstyle, much like Dante and Nero. Because there are alot of action games out there that give you different characters to play but most of them aren't really distinct.

Now if they indeed port his gameplay to Dragon's Dogma 2...

:shredder:

Don't think anybody even touched V after the initial playthrough. He really takes some of the energy out of the game, it's only 3 or 4 levels that are mandatory but he is a damper. Wish it was just Dante & Nero.

He is what keeps me from replaying on unlockable difficulties. Even 4 missions with him is too much for me.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Dude it's 4 missions, that last at most 20 minutes...

Still, you can always go to the DMC5 Nexus, there already some mods for character swapping (the co-op mode also let you do it).

Suicidal

Arcane
I liked playing V on DMD cause you can actually die (quite easily in fact) and you need to learn to abuse his various mechanics to avoid damage.

I didn't say I was having trouble playing him, I just don't wanna play that faggot. Tried looking for mods that would allow me to use another character on those missions or skip them but wasn't successful. I did see a "naked V" mod though. If somebody knows where to find a mod that lets me avoid him, feel free to link.

Thanks, I wasn't following the thread lately. Anyway, from reading comments on that mod seems like loads of people are getting bugs when character swapping that prevent them from being able to finish missions. So not sure if it's worth the reinstall. Ability to just skip V's missions entirely would be a preferred fix for me.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
kMCvtqE.jpg´

QlBXGH3.jpg

wLMX9p6.jpg

UWYk1qi.jpg

XTZ8ehR.png

Man I sure hope they make some more content. It's really the only thing is this game needs.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Though it seems the sales numbers haven't been updataed. Probably an old doc. still says sales at 2.1 million.
Regardless disappointing sales as Sekiro reached 4-5 million & wasn't even that good. Infact I would consider it among From Software's decline.

Edit:
Found it.
DMC5 is at 2.5m sold.

Shame.
DMC4 is at 3m.
DmC is at 2.4m.

Sauce: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom