Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dex - a 2D Cyberpunk Sidescrolling RPG

Sykar

Arcane
If your first impression was wrong then why would the second impression be better?

Why wouldn't it? Took me 5 tries over several years until I managed to get out of Mortuary in PS:T. :happytrollboy:

Thanks for the early morning laugh man.

:bro:

Think I will buy it today, I am not a poor bum like most people here who can only afford games when they are cheap plus I am a huge Cyberpunk fan (or sucker if you prefer). :smug:
:troll:

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Just started. Nothing to say about the gameplay so far, but I think the dialogs are better than average.

MvgjWeB.png

y8XeE14.jpg

IY1J5TD.jpg
E4ewhNN.jpg
stZfGT6.jpg

tqXR5Nz.jpg

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
So I finished it. There are many things to say about the game.

What I liked :
- The main story is not important, the game is mainly focused on exploring the city and solving side quests, and almost everything is available from the beginning.
- The stealth part is well made, and an important part of the game is solvable by stealth.
- The dialogs are rather well written, and some characters are rightfully involved in several quests.
- The game is relatively long (20h?), without any filler content.
- I didn't encounter any bug.
- Good visuals and honest full voice acting.

What I didn't like :
- The main story is a Chosen One story, and not a good one, but it's not a so important part of the game.
- The side quests and the environnements could have been more original. Don't get me wrong, they are far from horrible.
- The skill system isn't really good, I really felt like I could do everything like in Morrowind, not that I had to make choices like in Fallout.
- The hacking mini-game is not interesting, not really an issue since it's never hard.
- The combat system is very basic, the hard battles consist in spamming healing items. Using a controller, I never really managed to target with my guns, but I didn't care about that, I like melee fighting. Anyway the game probably lacks of melee weapons.
- You can't kill the NPCs.

It's definitely not a deep RPG nor a awesome one, but it may be worth trying for the atmosphere and the dialogs (and probably the stealth part too).

I am going to add some screenshots in the screenshot thread.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
:necro:

Enhanced edition is on the way.

Additionally, the Enhanced Version of Dex will be released on Steam on October 5th as a free update, accompanied by the first free DLC "Extra Outfits".

"We would like to announce a partnership with the publisher Badland Indie, thanks to whom you can now look forward to not only Dex on Wii U, which we promised during our Kickstarter campaign, but also on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, as well as on PlayStation Vita." says Michal Cervenka, CEO of Dreadlocks.

"This partnership with a seasoned publisher will significantly contribute to the quality of the final product, which is great news for us and for the players.", says Stefan Durmek, producer of Dex.

The Enhanced Version includes:
  • Manual saves anytime during gameplay
  • New user interface and better support for gamepad
  • Improved enemy AI
  • Revamped AR and Cyberspace modes
  • The possibility to use weapons while walking and crouching
  • Support for Steam Achievements, Trading Cards and Badges
  • German, French and Hungarian localization
  • Better audio and sound effects
  • Multiple other fixes and improvements

"Since Dex was released, we have been listening to our fans' feedback and working hard to deliver this Enhanced Version, which will finally make it the game we always wanted it to be.", says Axel Droxler, Lead Designer of Dex - Enhanced Version.

On the same day as the Enhanced Version, the first DLC, "Extra Outfits", will also be available on Steam for free. This DLC provides three new cyber-suits for Dex, each with its own unique visual style and gameplay effects.

First is the BattleRig, a combat armor designed to allow Dex to deflect enemy bullets thanks its reinforced titanium arms.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey-patience pays off again.

Still going to wait a while, there might be bugs.

Drowed

Arcane
  • The possibility to use weapons while walking and crouching

Why the dev thought that the game would work without this is a mistery. I guess now I will end up buying it in a good discount in winter/summer sale.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The Enhanced Edition is released.
Improved combat is probably a good thing, since it was too basic in the original version.

Last edited:

almondblight

Arcane
Why is that? Who were the GOG people here?

Apparently their Steam score of 75% was too low. Of course, Armikrog is on the GOG front page with a Steam score of 54%...

This game could use more attention. I don't think the Codex posted a news item when it was released; maybe it can get one with the bug free "enhanced edition", Infinitron Crooked Bee? Templar Battleforce needs one too.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You make choices through your character that define the outcomes of things in the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom