Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Makabb, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Bocian Arcane

Bocian
    No, please no, don't touch it, don't ruin a fucking good game, please, PLEEEEEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

• Despair Despair x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Man, I don't know wtf about reading this gave me a nostalgia hit, but it brought to mind playing that old Infantry game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_(video_game)

I miss old internet so much all of a sudden. :(

^ Top  
  3. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    Probably the most overrated boring game ever released.

People talk about Oblivion and to a lesser degree NWN/Kotor for causing the quality of the industry to decline but Diablo with it's mindless(and it really is the most mindless game of all time) gameplay caused much more damage.

Not even going into all the terrible Diablo clones we've been graced with over the years( unfortunately I've played and even finished a few).

• Brofist x 3
    • retadred x 3
    • Shit x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • meh x 1
    • No x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Mastermind Arcane Patron Bethestard

Mastermind
    Good gear was rare is an understatement, good luck fully decking out a character in the best gear on your own. Natural drop rates were so low you p much had to cheat, beg, or become a Jeff Bezos tier merchant to get it.

One thing that puts diablo 3 well ahead of D2 is that you don't have to dedicate your life to the game to get top tier gear while still leaving plenty of room for autists to grind for hundreds of hours to get the top quality of any particular item.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Bester Arcane Patron Vatnik

Bester
    The only thing they can announce in conjunction with Diablo is that they're shutting down D3 servers to improve HotS matchmaking or some shit. The game has been all but abandoned by Blizz.

• incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    Kill millions of identical enemies to pick up garbage

sell garbage because only because of ocd because you never actually need money unless you want to gamble

repeat as long as your sanity lasts

Pretty much the experience of playing Diablo, how anyone with an iq higher then 85 enjoys such drivel is completely beyond me, so I'll just go on believing anyone who's a had of these types of games are moderately retarded.

The most fun thing to do on diablo 2 was to hop in peoples cow levels on battle net and kill the king, which I found amusing when I was in my teens.

• Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious x 2
    • butthurt x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • thumbs down x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Neanderthal Arcane

Neanderthal
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK! I'm not moderate at all.

• Funny Funny x 5
    ^ Top  
  8. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb

[​IMG]

Diablo is a different genre than those games.

^ Top  
  9. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted
    Yeah a genre created by Diablo designed to cater to complete morons.

^ Top  
  10. Lonely Vazdru Pimp my Title

Lonely Vazdru
    Yeah ! Another remake !

[​IMG]

I hope they start to remake old devs teams someday soon.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. eggdogg Educated

eggdogg
    What are the odds that in the future we get a remaster of a remaster?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    I bet the release thread of the remastered Diablo 2 will reach 100 pages within a week, despite all the negativity in this thread.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Max Damage Learned

Max Damage
    We'll need 7 playthrougs and 5 reviews to verify whether game works fine on resolutions higher than 800x600.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Funposter Scholar

Funposter
    The newest set of Pokemon games are actually going to be that (this is not a joke)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Lonely Vazdru Pimp my Title

Lonely Vazdru
    Jeff Vogel says 100%.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • nice nice x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Junmarko Ravioli di canguro Patron

Junmarko
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You're talking about the golden age of the medium where practically everything was original. Genres were barely established at all, outside pulling off simple programming/rendering feats before anyone else.

The 90s was just a funny period for game designers too. Depictions of sex/violence in games was becoming very taboo as tech got better - thus, anything with comedic levels of it like Doom or Diablo, was equal parts awesome/hilarious for everyone involved. Moreso when all angles of the media, for years, tried to equate them with "Satanic influence" or "war propaganda" etc.

Classics were born from times like this.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Micormic Unwanted

Unwanted

Diablo 1 and 2 aren't classics. 1 is average at best and 2 is shit. They're literally designed to be unfun and addictive to appeal to the socially non functioning OCD crowd.

So shut the fuck up and stop trying to be a pseudo intellectual while quoting me, I just think you're an even bigger retard.

• Edgy x 8
    • retadred x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • cool story bro x 2
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • meh x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Diablo 1 was always the best in the series. No other sequel or clone has managed to capture the magic it had.

• Brofist x 7
    • Agree x 7
    • Disagree x 4
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    You... haven't heard of Jeff Vogel's Exile trilogy?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    This is so fucking wrong there is a crater of wrong they have been digging for centuries and they still can't find your arse buried beneath

I remember playing D2 in the early days, and finding the first Stone of Jordan - it was memorable, it felt fantastic, and it happened as a process of, as Thal described, organic play where you were always hunting for great gear but you were also actually playing the game and enjoying your character.

Soon, SOJs were a basic unit for bartering great gear. That was still fine; finding SOJs and other uniques made you think about how you might use them for your future characters or how you might trade it to fill those very real gaps in your current gear. Getting my first Windforce took a series of exchanges and that was a cool part of the game as well, trading with real people your salvages. (Then like a moron I traded it for something shit, all part of the process.)

Fast forward a while, and SOJs were devalued like a Zimbabwean currency, and over time you start to get more hacking, more RMTs, more gold farmers, more macro bots, more overinflated rare drops, etc, etc.

I tried Diablo 3 a bit at release, and then very recently. D3 never had the truly satisfying moments of finding great gear, but over the years it's like they turned up the fucking loot algo up to the moon. Now, don't worry about MFs, or bosses, or anything - just run around pew pewing at random shit, and you'll get rares every 30 seconds and uniques every 5 minutes without hyperbole. Actually reading the gear description of all the shit you find is inefficient - you get better deal for your time if you instantly sell everything except ones with bigger numbers. Sold a good item by mistake? You'll get 20 more drops while you shit!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Twilight Strand in PoE is pretty good.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Junmarko Ravioli di canguro Patron

Junmarko
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That's online gaming in a nutshell. And I was only referring to the first, which I played once as a kid. Countless clones that emulate it religiously, obviously don't encourage many people to remember the period when it everything was new.

:lol:

^ Top  
  23. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    Diablo 2 low level dueling was pretty fun. Pking, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Fedora Master Magister Patron

Fedora Master
    Sure, because people would like to see a proper Diablo game again. Can't fault 'em for trying it out despite the lack of confidence in Blizzard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Vlajdermen Scholar

Vlajdermen
    Meh. Who gives a shit? Diablo 1 and 2 still hold up as well as they ever have, and between 2000 and 2018 there's been some Diablo ripoffs which are actually viable alternatives. Long story short, play Titan Quest.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)