Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

Aildrik

Savant
This really floors me. Phones are getting more and more powerful but I still can’t stand staring at that tiny screen. I hardly ever play the Switch mobile. Mobile gaming is basically if I am stuck waiting in a doctor's office, waiting for someone in a car, etc and even the games are clearly designed for those small 5-15 minute sessions, versus doing a marathon gaming session.

I understand my thoughts on this don’t represent anyone but myself but even most kids I know would rather play a console on the TV; mobile again is sort of last resort. This guy is saying that people who used to play on computer monitors or TVs would *prefer* a tiny screen with touch interface? Just really finding this hard to believe.

Lhynn

Arcane
My problem with mobile is that theres 0 time for shitty games, and make no mistakes, 99% of mobile stuff is complete garbo that you would only play if you had nothing worth doing. Diablo Immortal will not be any different.
No matter how much they promise they can only deliver so much because its mobile.

Only thing i could see being good is maybe a shitty blobber or some CYOA with no graphics. Otherwise a completely menu driven game.

Squid

Arbiter
The entire decision is baffling. Why announce it to the American market? It's obviously intended for Asian marketplaces. It's a sidenote to PC gamers who most of those will be in the Americas and Europe. Asia has a better market for mobile gaming and for a reason. They should have announced Diablo 4 right after this. Even Bethesda did this. They said hey here's this Blades game that most of you won't care about, aaaaaaaaaaand here's a picture of Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI! Ha! You can't be mad at us we said we're making TES6 now but for the meantime we want mobile revenue, thank you!

Aemar

Arcane
I wish Grim dawn guys start developing a new game, we desperately need it :\
There are other games in the making, like Wolcen and Last Epoch, both showing plenty of potential. Diablo 4 will get released at some point, but I honestly doubt it will be better than its predecessor (which is already popamole crap), seeing the kind of priorities the people at Blizzard have these days. Any chances of a real Diablo sequel died out years ago with the demise of Blizzard North.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Review by the guy that asked the question about platform at Blizzcon. Very good review.
This is very much a vertical slice. So all that good stuff he talks about probably would get nerfed in favor of Microtransactions.

lol... at about 11:00 he starts talking about how he loved that skill combination and wished it was in Diablo 3.

Just goes to show how bad that series has become already, combining skills to better effect and playing around with that, picking skills synergizing with not only your build but each other, has been a basic thing in Path Of Exile from the beginning.

Aemar

Arcane
the future for Diablo is honestly so awesome.
:bounce:
maxresdefault.jpg
Early artwork for Diablo 4 and the secret cow level.

abija

Prophet
Just goes to show how bad that series has become already, combining skills to better effect and playing around with that, picking skills synergizing with not only your build but each other, has been a basic thing in Path Of Exile from the beginning.
Why do you talk out of your ass when you know nothing about the game? Plenty of shit to be edgy and smartass about without having to be 100% factually wrong. Skill synergy is one of the main things in D3 and the most important in 4p high lvl rifting.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why do you talk out of your ass when you know nothing about the game? Plenty of shit to be edgy and smartass about without having to be 100% factually wrong. Skill synergy is one of the main things in D3 and the most important in 4p high lvl rifting.
Yeah, sure, you go ahead and believe that.
Anyway, that wasn't even my POV per se but the one of the guy in the video. THAT guy thought this was a cool thing that should be in Diablo 3.

Mazisky

Magister
I wish Grim dawn guys start developing a new game, we desperately need it :\
There are other games in the making, like Wolcen and Last Epoch, both showing plenty of potential. Diablo 4 will get released at some point, but I honestly doubt it will be better than its predecessor (which is already popamole crap), seeing the kind of priorities the people at Blizzard have these days. Any chances of a real Diablo sequel died out years ago with the demise of Blizzard North.

Wolcen is being developed since years and still is like 20% complete. We will get Diablo 4 before Wolcen anyway.

Sentinel

Arcane
combining skills to better effect and playing around with that, picking skills synergizing with not only your build but each other, has been a basic thing in Path Of Exile from the beginning.
So?
Diablo 3 release date: 2012
Path of Exile release date: 2013
Are you implying that Diablo 3 should have had features from a game that came after it or something? Or that a future Diablo game playing around with things that were present in Path of Exile is a bad thing?
What a retarded post

PorkBarrellGuy

So?
Are you implying that Diablo 3 should have had features from a game that came after it or something? Or that a future Diablo game playing around with things that were present in Path of Exile is a bad thing?
What a retarded post

...good lord has it been that long

The most absurd thing is how easily this entire snafu could have been avoided. All they had to do was have a nod - even a no-gameplay, cinematic trailer - to Diablo 4, to close the show. That's all. A 3 minute clip.

Not even that, Todd spent an hour describing Discount Skyrim for mobile and still had to avoid puddles of cum on his way out because he ended it with TesVI's title screen :lol:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
combining skills to better effect and playing around with that, picking skills synergizing with not only your build but each other, has been a basic thing in Path Of Exile from the beginning.
So?
Are you implying that Diablo 3 should have had features from a game that came after it or something?
I honestly thought D3 released after Path Of Exile. Getting old, it seems...

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
So?
Are you implying that Diablo 3 should have had features from a game that came after it or something?
I honestly thought D3 released after Path Of Exile. Getting old, it seems...

Technically, you could have been playing PoE since mid-2011 (if you bought or were lucky enough to be randomly awarded a closed beta key). For those who did, the actual release of Path of Exile in 2013 was simply one more large patch.

Review by the guy that asked the question about platform at Blizzcon. Very good review.
This is very much a vertical slice. So all that good stuff he talks about probably would get nerfed in favor of Microtransactions.

Looks like you've got combos on the normals, at least with the Barbarian. Seems to be doing a three hit combo with a bigger hit on the third one, where normally the meter building moves do the same animation at the same speed.

Razor

Arcane
Not to mention even if Bliz payed any attention to the early days PoE they probably didnt have much to learn from it: CB and early OB PoE was janky as hell and full on amateur hour. Its around the time the map system gained traction (and with the end of Jay Wilsons reign) that I started to notice changes to D3-s design that maybe had something to do with PoE. Writing from memory the best example was probably the rift system and its resemblance to PoE-s map system.

Carbots starting a new series about Diablo. Starting with D1. Awkward timing: he timed it as to celebrate the "upcoming diablo announcements" at blizzcon. Little did he know :lol:

abija

Prophet
Not to mention even if Bliz payed any attention to the early days PoE they probably didnt have much to learn from it: CB and early OB PoE was janky as hell and full on amateur hour. Its around the time the map system gained traction (and with the end of Jay Wilsons reign) that I started to notice changes to D3-s design that maybe had something to do with PoE. Writing from memory the best example was probably the rift system and its resemblance to PoE-s map system.
Both rift and map system were due to players asking for the infinite dungeon in torchlight to be copied. Bliz devs always paied attention to PoE, the issue is it doesn't fit with their direction. They streamlined away from D2 while PoE sperged into it. Also, mechanics in PoE aren't that great by themselves to just pick whatever you want, they need that whole backbone to have depth and be interesting (when they are).

Mazisky

Magister
Why did Blizzard announce Diablo mobile at Blizzcon without any major PC\Console title?

1-They really believe Diablo Immortal is their major title and people would like it

2-They had something major to tease (es. Diablo 4) but didn't want to overshadow Diablo Immortal

3-They had something else planned but switched to Diablo Immortal because of last minute problems

4-They are focusing on mobiles and scrapping entirely PC development

5-Diablo Immortal was intended for Pc but it turned to mobile during development

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom