Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I forget the argument is for vanilla out of the box. I take it you can’t do crap to D3. You certainly won’t be able to modify Immortal.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
The entire game is a grind considering it consists of killing thousands of identical enemies.
If you con't consider that a grind you're an autist
Grinding has more to do with repeating the same action over and over to obtain something,.

I stopped reading there just so you know, not reading 2 paragraphs of autism when you proved me right by accident in your first sentence.

Gerrard

Arcane
Following financial report showing declining monthly active users and microtransaction sales in ALL ActiBlizz games on top of this shitstorm
WPZ1dBg.png

:excellent:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
And the stock is going to rise once they release something. In the case of Diablo Immortal, it's proably going to skyrocket. :negative:

And the stock is going to rise once they release something. In the case of Diablo Immortal, it's proably going to skyrocket. :negative:
Not necessarily. They probably get a very small cut (if any?) from China and sales aren't guaranteed to be good elsewhere. The mobile market is highly hit or miss based on effectively random chance. If simply taking a successful brand and porting it to phones made it a hit on phones then companies like EA and Activision would have switched long, long ago.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This podcast made strong backlash in the internetz.

I fucking hate the argument "don't complain about something, grow up kid". Curiously, I never hear these guys complain about "stop jizzing yourself over a game and preorder 10 ultimate edtions and stop spending thousands of dollars on microtransactions".

So it's alright to suck the dicks of developers even if they deliver mediocre game after mediocre game, but if you dare to ask them an uncomfortable question, you are a fucking crybaby.

And obvsiouly they are pushing this "don't make anyone uncomfortable" culture which is so prevalent in the west. I wonder if these people could survive in the real world, with a more serious job. Tough shit assholes, sometimes you have a confrontation with another person, which can make you uncomfortable, but guess what, we are adults because we can deal with it. But these guys: "oh no, how dare you make that person uncomfortable! Think of their feelings!!!"

Perkel

Arcane
I stopped reading there just so you know, not reading 2 paragraphs of autism when you proved me right by accident in your first sentence.

More like you proven yourself to be an idiot.
Grind specifically means repeating tasks in order to grow because without that you can't progress.
If you go from A to C without staying in B for few hours because you need to level up before C then you are not grinding.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted

More like you proven yourself to be an idiot.
Grind specifically means repeating tasks in order to grow because without that you can't progress.
If you go from A to C without staying in B for few hours because you need to level up before C then you are not grinding.

Impossible to prove myself to be an idiot when dealing with autists such as yourself.

You're like the shit I flushed down the toilet this morning, probably even dumber.

Aemar

Arcane
Major trollage. Or one of those rare and extraordinary coincidences. Either way, it shouldn't be that hard to track down those Immortal Syndicate leaders. All you have to do is to tap their phones.

Aildrik

Savant
Ever since the complete shit show that was the D3 launch, and the SJW and LGBTQXYZ nonsense that infested Overwatch, I knew this company was on a downwards spiral. I will say though, I have some sympathy for the low level grunts in the company who are just trying to make a living. If you started at Blizz back in the 90's and were there all this time, you lived through the best years of the company and probably made out handsomely. I could be wrong but I doubt working there now carries the same gravitas that it did 12 years ago.

Sykar

Arcane
Diablo 2 can be beaten on any class without grinding at all, just organically clearing areas to progress further. Normal and Nightmare don't require any grinding, especially if you picked one of the many powerclasses (pretty much every elemental build is ridiculously strong all the way until Hell Act 1). Hell is a true test of skill, patience or ability to find or make items. D2 has many ways to craft and create new equipment for yourself. It's just that most people associate D2 with late-game items that take months to complete and whose market has been pretty much taken over by bots.

All I can say is there's a world of difference between a veteran who understands the limits of his class and can make it work with self-found gear and someone who does thousands of MF runs and twinks out his future characters based on what he finds. Nothing wrong with either playstyle, but nevertheless, Diablo is quite capable of providing different challenges and thrills. The point of D2 is that you always set the "end-game" by yourself. Some people were happy with just beating Baal once, others wanted to see how far they can take a gimmicky build, some others want to earn mad d2jsp money, some just want to have every unique item in the game, some want to PvP, some want to reach the Guardian title (for beating Hell on Hardcore), etc.

Even Ubers can be done with a budget character if you instead rely on skill and prep.

D1 wasn't particularly grindy either if you just wanted to get to the end.

The entire game is a grind considering it consists of killing thousands of identical enemies.

Considering that the vast majority of cRPGs have massive amount of filler combat where you mow down meaningless mooks by the hundreds I fail to see the major difference. Take any game from NWN to M&M games and it is chock full of combat and looting phat epixx. The biggest difference is usually that you play a party, often turn based, and most RTWP is turn based it is just hidden, and have some actual dialogue, C&C with more involved character customization and a non-trivial story or at least try to have one. Furthermore grinding is often used in these games as well to reach certain levels for certain perks/feats/whatever.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Diablo 2 can be beaten on any class without grinding at all, just organically clearing areas to progress further. Normal and Nightmare don't require any grinding, especially if you picked one of the many powerclasses (pretty much every elemental build is ridiculously strong all the way until Hell Act 1). Hell is a true test of skill, patience or ability to find or make items. D2 has many ways to craft and create new equipment for yourself. It's just that most people associate D2 with late-game items that take months to complete and whose market has been pretty much taken over by bots.

All I can say is there's a world of difference between a veteran who understands the limits of his class and can make it work with self-found gear and someone who does thousands of MF runs and twinks out his future characters based on what he finds. Nothing wrong with either playstyle, but nevertheless, Diablo is quite capable of providing different challenges and thrills. The point of D2 is that you always set the "end-game" by yourself. Some people were happy with just beating Baal once, others wanted to see how far they can take a gimmicky build, some others want to earn mad d2jsp money, some just want to have every unique item in the game, some want to PvP, some want to reach the Guardian title (for beating Hell on Hardcore), etc.

Even Ubers can be done with a budget character if you instead rely on skill and prep.

D1 wasn't particularly grindy either if you just wanted to get to the end.

Considering that the vast majority of cRPGs have massive amount of filler combat where you mow down meaningless mooks by the hundreds I fail to see the major difference. Take any game from NWN to M&M games and it is chock full of combat and looting phat epixx. The biggest difference is usually that you play a party, often turn based, and most RTWP is turn based it is just hidden, and have some actual dialogue, C&C with more involved character customization and a non-trivial story or at least try to have one. Furthermore grinding is often used in these games as well to reach certain levels for certain perks/feats/whatever.

I don't like NWN either, retard. I don't give a shit if you like trash grinding games, you have nothing else to do anyways but I don't like wasting my life. Moron.

J1M

Arcane
It makes me really happy to know that these guys just got a pay cut.

Including the retarded board/shareholders.

NASDAQ: ATVI one month before blizzcon: $83.39
NASDAQ: ATVI now: $48.88

Good thing I have a phone you guys. Otherwise, how would I look up these stock prices and calculate this 41% drop? Just kidding, I used my desktop because I'm not a faggot.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9yujm8/blizzards_lawyers_asked_me_to_take_down_the/
Blizzard’s Lawyers asked me to take down the playdiablo4.com redirect. (self.pathofexile)

submitted 4 hours ago * by ZeiinOccultistx4x2

(Not asking for advice, this is already handled)

So I got emailed last night by someone asking if I’d be willing to sell the domain at a reasonable price, to which I responded “I might”. Fast forward 3 hours and Blizzard’s lawyers (confirmed their identity and that notice was legit) sent me a notice that I was committing an obvious act of cybersquatting and trademark infringement by having this domain used for the redirect. They asked to take down the pathofexile.com redirect and tried to get me to transfer the domain over to Blizzard, because they couldn’t see a reason I’d keep the domain except for commercial purposes.

I took down the redirect (now it redirects to Google), refused to transfer the Domain though as-is. Paid for it and don’t want it taken over nothing.

Did say that if Blizzard planned on using it actively for something that falls under their trademark, I’ll give it up no questions asked, for free. Lawyer guy said he’d get back to me after he talked to Blizzard people again, don’t see why he’d need to though.

But yeah, R.I.P good meme.

ALRIGHT NEW MEME AND MY FORM OF PROOF: http://playdiablo4.com (may need to reset cache)

Now redirects to something new :)

Fun inclusion: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/223935480536760320/514550653373382667/unknown.png

Edit: Guys, please stop attacking Blizzard over this! This is standard procedure. GGG owns the POE website and they're a direct competitor of Blizzard with regards to Diablo. The lawyer clarified that Blizzard did find the joke funny too, but they also needed this done to minimize harm. It's not their fault.

Edit2: Still no malice towards Blizzard. Their legal team isn’t being abusive or bullying me about it. I felt really insecure earlier today and they’ve been great at responding to me. Please stop suggesting malicious actions in spite of Blizzard, I’m keeping the site as is for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom