Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

axx

Savant
So Irenicus will be one of the bosses?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
The intro cinematic look gorgeous to be honest, mood, soundtrack, all. It looks very grim and not epic like D3.

The only problem is the classic good black man for SWJ agenda, but he dies too, so it's all balanced.

Gameplay im not sold about it, the engine feels really unpolished.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
EITosgMXUAAgbtm

confirmed game will be shit

Did that Diablo Immortal shit ever get released? Did they dare to mention it's name at all? I haven't heard a damn thing about it since last year's dumpster fire announcement.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The gameplay trailer looks like a console/mobile game tbh. Camera super close, all environments super cramped, janky ass action. The change in mood is nice, but not expecting anything to be honest.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
By the trailer, looks good. But it will have mmo BS??

When i mean MMO BS, i mean :

- Cooldowns - Cooldowns are the awfulest way to balance a powerfull skill.
- Stats linked on gear. On a RPG stats should measure your character capabilities, i can’t fell immersed in a world where everyone is the same without the gear but can easily change everything about then by changing the cloths. On older fallout games, if you try play with very low int, you barely can talk. Requirements are good for very action focused games. For example, on demon souls to use Long Bow you need 15 STR. Fully draw an longbow requires a lot of strength, that makes sense. Some type of small bonus to not defense coming for armor is fine. But most of stats should be choosed by the player.
- No choices and consequences. For example, if you decide to become an vampire, it should give a lot of power, but make you much more weaker to fire and take sun damage. When i played DkS 2 as a pyromancer. Iron Keep was very hard and it made sense. Other situations become easier as a pyro in consequence of my power to manipulate fire. If you decided to be an paladin, you should ve very powerful against undead but should have some weakness to compensate it. That is how games should work.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
what's with all the negative-nancys in this thread. fuck u losers.

This game looks GUD. Cinematic was crazy good, the gameplay was fluid, cool and they nailed the artstyle. Much closer to D2 now, which is great.

Finally the POE killer is here. i'm gon play the FUCK out of this shit

Zeriel

Arcane
So they're bringing back talent trees, skill points, and rune words... but they had to go and CURRENT YEAR all the playable characters.

WE WUZ BARBARIANS AND SHIT.

I'm honestly exasperated, they were so close to sticking the land but then shoved their foot so far up their ass it comes out their mouth.

I wonder how that meeting went down. "So, we're bringing back all the old characters, and basically doing what the fans asked us to do for years."

"That's cool Bob, but what if we made the barbarian a maori?"

"What?"

"And of course the female version should have maximum manface."

"I..."

"Don't worry, I'm not finished yet. The sorceress will be an arab, and the druid will be FAT."

[Everyone]: "STUNNING AND BRAVE!"

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’ve never played an MMO before, so I’d be interested in playing this with friends or some peoples

Zeriel

Arcane
Why Codex angry with nigger barbarian?

C'mon KKKodex, what whappened with "Niggers are savage barbarians"? Why do you hate codex-realistic niggers?

:troll:

For me it's not about there being a dark-skinned character at all, it's changing what was already there. The paladin was there in 2, but that was a new character. Barbarians are a race. They're people from the north. Taking some random guy from Hawaii and calling him a barbarian needs some setup... like a story pitch where you say people came in canoes, raped all of the barbarians, and it's 500 years later. So yeah, it's fucking silly.

In the context of them reviving D2 style and apparently paying service to the fans, this is especially egregious. It just seems like a really weird choice.

I'm equally as upset by them turning the druid into a gay bear, by the way, instead of a literal bear. He should be lean, and then his transformations make him "big"... as an animal, not being a fucking modern bear by default.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Hey look, it's Diablo Imm-l, eh Diablo IV

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom