Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline DiRT Rally 2.0 - Rally Sim by Codemasters

Repressed Homosexual
Dirt Rally also has a great OST.

I also hope that they will have longer or more stages, the selection in Dirt Rally was pretty meh in my opinion. I think they also announced somewhere that they intend to expand the game more with DLC locations, which I don't mind if that means continued support for the game.

I know an even better racing game that has a much greater OST:

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Buying stuff from Ebay in Europe is such a pain in the ass since shipping costs $20 or beyond with everything. It's absurd how shipping can cost nothing if I buy stuff from China 6000 kilometres away, but buying stuff from Europe a mere 2000 kilometres away will cost me $10-30.
Chinese shipping is subsidized according to international shipping rules since the 60's due to being a third world country, and China has resisted its reclassification (go figure).

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
Tried it now, played a couple of hours with a controller. The driving is really nice, and the cars have the weight to them that felt missing in DR1 when you go over a jump. So far Argentina is great, Poland and New Zeeland are nice, but I'm not really feeling New England and Australia (and Spain is tarmac) - I really miss Wales, Finland, and Greece.

One thing I can't stand though is the HDR. It makes the cloudy stages almost unbearable for me; not only does it often mean parts of a stage is darker than night due to the lack of headlights, but the HDR keeps shifting the intensity of the darkness and brightness depending on how dark/bright the screen is.

Beowulf

Arcane
I bought DR1 in pre-order, and it was really good, but I was hoping for more locations.
Especially that 2 locations had tarmac.
But I know that they were testing the waters, so they were experimenting a little, adding the Rally Corss (which I didn't even touch), Pikes Peak and so on.

Now I know roughly what to expect. DR2 is quite expensive, and the location selection is also limited.
I'm going to wait for a price drop, or more locations to be added as DLC's before I make my decision to buy it.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm considering buying my first game wheel for PC. I don't really want to spent more than 100 $. What budget wheel would you guys recommend? I got a pretty good offer for a Hori Rwa Apex wheel. Is it good enough or is there a better wheel in the same price range?

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
Hadn't heard of them, but it doesn't have force feedback. Are you sure you can't find a used Logitech G27/G29 or one of the force feedback Thrustmasters in your price range? If not, well, this review of the Hori RWA makes it sound good for what it is.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hadn't heard of them, but it doesn't have force feedback. Are you sure you can't find a used Logitech G27/G29 or one of the force feedback Thrustmasters in your price range? If not, well, this review of the Hori RWA makes it sound good for what it is.

I'm considering Thrustmaster T150, since there are some discounts available for that one and it has force feedback. There aren't any G27s available here and G29s are close to 200 €, which is too high price for me.

What's your take on Thrustmaster T150? Does it work with USB 2.0? Is force feedback a must feature for immersive driving experience?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Am I the only one who thinks DR1 is better than DR2? I like the car handling better, the tracks are better.

The only thing lacking in the first one is the amount of content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom