Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Release Thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...m-a-hardboiled-cop-show-isometric-rpg.130284/

From the Codex inbox:

Hello to you at the RPG Codex!

We need 22 seconds of your time. Just 22 seconds, try to avert your eyes from Chris Avellone's face. We can't look away from Chris for long either, our minds will start wandering off to dark places... Anyhow, we are pandering to you specifically. You are a vital part of our marketing strategy. With your armies we can make America/Hungary/Karelia great again!

Please feel free to browse our development blog and our media section with screenshots, promotional, and concept art.

http://devblog.fortressoccident.com/media/
http://devblog.fortressoccident.com/press-kit/

Ask us questions, give us advice, guide us!

Best
FO.

:lol: Okay.

NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES is a story-driven isometric role playing game about being a total failure. An almost irreversible, unmitigated failure. Both as a human being and an officer of the law.

Find yourself in a strange and familiar new world, where you can go anywhere you want to. See that liquor store? You can go there. See that motor-carriage? You can drive it into the ocean. See that phone booth? You can call her, and make her love you again!

Or – you can take one final case and crawl back to life.

“NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES” HAS:
  • A new genre of setting developed for over 15 years in absolute secret. Neither fantasy, alternate history, nor any type of -punk, a novel set in the same world has been dubbed fantastic realism.
  • The most advanced visuals ever made for the isometric perspective. A trick of the trade we call paintshading lets us create a moving contemporary oil painting.
  • A realistic skill system lets you develop original ideas using Conceptual Thinking, tune your nervous system with Electrochemistry, and become a disgrace to the uniform with Composure, a skill that lets you don your disco outfit to the maximum effect.
  • Writing by chronically success-impaired science fiction author Robert Kurvitz and original music by the Mercury prize winning band British Sea Power.
  • Thought Cabinet, an inventory for thoughts, where you process the ideas you’ve stumbled on. Ideas become fixtures, permanent beliefs you can’t get rid of, even if you want to.
  • Exactly one hundred and twenty eight times more choice and consequence than previously thought possible in a role playing video game. This is a world where even the smallest things you say matter.
Inspired by “Planescape: Torment”, “Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare” and “Kentucky Route Zero”.

“NO TRUCE WITH THE FURIES” has been in development for over a year. It’s expected by the end of 2016 for PC.

We are Fortress Occident. We are 13 strong and “No Truce With The Furies” is our debut.

The game's devblog has development updates going back to January: http://devblog.fortressoccident.com/

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
First i thought it was a furry game made by legasthenics.

But man this sounds interesting. Quirky as fuck, but interesting. I also like the graphical style.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Because POE invented hanging people from a tree? Bro, its an old KKK tradition.

Yeah be an apologist but there is no excuse for that shit.

This is how you do a tree with hanged people
gbVkdXM.jpg

Not this
no-truce-1courtyard.jpg

Its pathetic, only one person, whos gonna be intimidated by that shit.

Its just pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prime Junta

Bookmarked. Would back. Will buy.

Edit: lady has v long neck was she hanged too?

Netpicker2-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cringe aside, this looks quite good (visually). Better than PoE, about on par with Stasis.
Has anyone been able to track down info on whether it is turn-based or not? I can't find anything but have a bad feeling that they're probably going RtwP (based on the Infinity Engine inspired look).

Also, name is stupid on all accounts. Even for an intentionally stupid name it fails as it is too long for anyone not already tuned in to remember it.
Which does matter for anyone that doesn't have their own money-big PR machine.

Gord

Arcane
There's some chance that the guys behind it are a bunch of annoying hipsters, but otherwise it looks interesting enough to keep an eye out for.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Has anyone been able to track down info on whether it is turn-based or not?
From https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52246.0
If you want to dance around with words then sure, No Truce is not strictly speaking an RPG since there's no combat and grind but I'd very much consider it a role-playing game where you have stats that affect your dialogue and the narrative gets combined according to player choice.
No traditional combat mechanics though, you're not a psychopath running around gunning down people. You resolve conflicts through dialogue and sometimes a gun is a useful tool for a genteel conversation.

polo

Magister
Hey, this looks good. I mean, really good. Don't you think it deserves a newpost/frontpage?

:takemymoney:
You are one of the devs obviously, get him guys!
:mob:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom