Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm going with this bad cop

12987.jpg

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
i genuinley can't see the problem with limiting how much the player can advance in a skill depending on the stat that governs said skill,

because it means being a dummy just because you are strong. I of course agree that a stat like charisma should be bound to skills like talking and a stat like strength should be bound to skills like kicking somebody to death but it usually limits you more in a game than it would in life which he wants to roleplay.
But this reasoning brings directly to Fallout4 and beyond.

The Fish

Arcane
I seem to remember them implying it only had a few maps at some point. I think it'll be a fairly claustrophobic experience for anyone expecting anything like the size of the isometric RPGs we're used to.

Egosphere

Arcane
your gf will be very important to the story
I don't remember any other rpgs that start you with a girlfriend... that is interesting....and fresh.

tbf she probably isn't, just a romance-able companion. Although in that last pic that I cropped, the description of her reads 'Dolores Dei - the innocence of __ internationalism and the welfare state -- turns to face you' :lol::lol:

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
your gf will be very important to the story
I don't remember any other rpgs that start you with a girlfriend... that is interesting....and fresh.

tbf she probably isn't, just a romance-able companion. Although in that last pic that I cropped, the description of her reads 'Dolores Dei - the innocence of __ internationalism and the welfare state -- turns to face you :lol::lol:

Guys, this is a detective story—there’s always a dame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom