Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Massive lol at all of you who think that you can discuss politics in this game with 'dexian plebs, whose brains rotted away due to playin' vidya games all day.

prengle

Savant
damn how am i just now finding out about the chapo trap house shit

i just wanted to play estonian planescape torment why does the game have to be popular with people i dont like unnnnngggg shid in my pants :oops:

Wunderbar

Arcane
EqPT2z4.png
wow they've spoiled the only combat encounter in the game.

Last edited:

muckguppy

Prophet
I finished this game skim reading and pressing space and all the numericals in short order. Have no idea what just happened but it left a reasonably large crater on my oldfag soul.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Not in mine wildest dreams would i imagine that larping commies would make goty.Germans still had coolest tanks though.

i wouldn't really call za/um a bunch of 'larping commies'. besides, the game has a ton of meditation on why communism, fascism, and liberalism has failed in revachol
So larping commies that abuse argument to moderation ok got it.

lol what?
Voice actors are from far left podcast.Disco devs are crypto leftists.

Starwars

Arcane
It gave me some feels too. And what's nice is that it was totally unexpected from an RPG. Or from a game at all really.

The game is really good at articulating those feelings, the mid-life crisis, feelings of getting older, regrets.

I have no idea how old the writers are but they nailed that shit, and it's to see devs tackling those kinds of issues instead of just focusing on "younger" issues so to speak. When you've played games for a long time, you kinda just expect that games are not going to affect you in any way anymore as most storyheavy games are for a younger audience. But DE completely surprised me in that sense, very cool.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Another thing I like is using double-dash in lieu of an em dash, and emphasis *like that*. Reminds me of the Usenet times.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This thread tricked me into giving the game a chance.
If it turns out to be SJW bullshit heads are going to roll. The writing better be worth it.

Incendax

Augur
This is the dullest, most boring writing I have seen in a while. I can see why modern apes are impressed by these relatable platitudes but I am not.
Refunded!
Inner Empire - You recognize this as a desperate cry for help. The inner child is dead, and only an island of jaded bitterness remains.
Electrochemistry - Man, you gotta take a hit of whatever this dude is smoking!
Logic - Undertale Avatar.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You genuinely overrate the writing.
I remember a time where people said Witcher 3 was the best game ever written - and those were people that had played, and loved, PS:T. When I played it, them, it turned out that the writing was competent and even had a few flashes of brilliance here and there. But the comparison still was born not from a genuine love of Witcher's writing, but rather a sense of relief and happiness to be playing a decently written RPG again.
I think it's the same here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom