Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Will Zurmacht

Educated
The rare PC title ported to console for once instead of the other way around?

:incline:

alyvain

Learned
Alright, I finished the game in a few days. It was pretty cool. I disliked some of it (for instance, I think that the latter half of the game has certain problems with focus and, therefore, with pacing) but it may be the best written wordy game I've ever played. It also quite succeeded with existential and political themes. All this crypto- stuff about the beauty and wonder of the world that we haven't broken apart yet was actually mesmerizing.

So I guess Estonians did good. Huh, never expected that.

The Real Fanboy
Disco Elysium didn't actually win the poll (that's the "People's Choice" award at the bottom, won by Asgard's Wrath). IGN's judges selected it, and good on them.

People have started making their own Discosona's on tumblr so I think this game has definitely been a total success by most standards even before the awards✨

Quillon

Arcane
So what's next??

They'll make a game with combat in it, it will be the true test
yes.png

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Started gaim. Reached for necktie. Died.

Restarted gaim 6 times. Died 6 times reaching for necktie.

Combat in this RPG is too difficult. Plx fix.

Just wait 'til you encounter the chair, the door, and <gasp> the barbells.

It is funny to think: these Estonian guys just decided to do RPG GOTY, and they did it. It is great. It simply is.

personal-trainer-chicago.jpg

Prime Junta

It is funny to think: these Estonian guys just decided to do RPG GOTY, and they did it. It is great. It simply is.

Yeah, it's weird. Most of the time when somebody goes "hold my beer and watch this" it just ends up hilarious, or tragic, or both.

(Then again that describes Disco Estonia pretty well.)

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Yeah, it's weird. Most of the time when somebody goes "hold my beer and watch this" it just ends up hilarious, or tragic, or both.

(Then again that describes Disco Estonia pretty well.)

Well, if the novel came out in 2013, I suppose, it was a LONG walk from the start.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Well, if the novel came out in 2013, I suppose, it was a LONG walk from the start.

They start counting from the beginning of the tabletop campaign that created the world. That’s over 15 years ago.

Well, this is like rehearsing for half of the life and then to do a gig. Very nervous, but no wonder that you know your shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom