Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Guys, where can I sleep with no money and hotel room door locked?

You can’t. Restart and better luck next time.

N.b. I’m not sure if the soft-block is a bug or not, but the intent is that if you fail to make rent the first two nights, it’s game over. Man up and deal with your responsibilities.

Oh fuck

Parabalus

Arcane

N.b. I’m not sure if the soft-block is a bug or not, but the intent is that if you fail to make rent the first two nights, it’s game over. Man up and deal with your responsibilities.

Oh fuck

But D2 is the only one you can get locked out, you get a fallback afterwards.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Oh fuck

I'm day 1, 22.00

Parabalus

Arcane

Oh fuck

I'm day 1, 22.00

I had Kim offer to cover for me, might be tied to him liking you.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Oh fuck

I'm day 1, 22.00

Was it triggered by something?

Parabalus

Arcane

Oh fuck

I'm day 1, 22.00

Was it triggered by something?

Not being able to pay rent on D1, convo with the manager.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do you get the
stronger prybar?

Ask Soona for help with the fridge.

Don't think I have that option...

She gives it to you, prob depends on checks with her and the dancers.

I think you need to
check out the bear fridge, take the note inside it, read the note that tells you the hardware is in the ice cream maker, and fail to open the ice cream maker with a normal prybar. Then offer to help Soona find Fortress Accident’s backup files and you should get an option to tell her the ice cream maker’s frozen shut. That’s when she gives you the multitool.

Edit: Verylittlefishes it should be impossible to screw up the first day,
just tell Garte you have no money and Kim will bail you out. You can’t stay anywhere else because your partner wants to keep an eye on you.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is stupid, why can't I sleep in the coal bed or in the Kras Mazov fan's room.
This is a good fuckin' question. Devs won't answer you though. Just enjoy your visual novel RPG.

It's baffling how easily people everywhere come to the same, simple conclusions 'bout some missed occasions at additional options, yet big brain devs didn't think of it.

I'm mainly gettin' more and more pissed at the "second act" of this game. It could have been so good, now it's just so railroady.

Shin

Cipher
It isn't possible to sleep in the dumpster as a hobo-cop? Didn't have to try that but would've thought that was an option...

Parabalus

Arcane
How do you get the
stronger prybar?

I think you need to
check out the bear fridge, take the note inside it, read the note that tells you the hardware is in the ice cream maker, and fail to open the ice cream maker with a normal prybar. Then offer to help Soona find Fortress Accident’s backup files and you should get an option to tell her the ice cream maker’s frozen shut. That’s when she gives you the multitool.

just tell Garte you have no money and Kim will bail you out. You can’t stay anywhere else because your partner wants to keep an eye on you.

That's probably it, I did all of that, but hard to say what's the minimum.

tripedal

Augur
How do you get the
stronger prybar?

I think you need to

I'm pretty sure I did all that, but never got the option to help find the backup files...

tripedal

Augur
Finished it, game is great.

Like the ending, didn't feel rushed at all. What's bothering folks about it?

It's a bit anticlimactic (compared to the tribunal for example), and it's also disappointing that the killer is not part of the main cast of characters. You meet him for the first time right at the end.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's a bit anticlimactic (compared to the tribunal for example), and it's also disappointing that the killer is not part of the main cast of characters. You meet him for the first time right at the end.
Yeah, you say that, but personally that's the least of the endings' problems. In fact for me it's the opposite. Deserter being a truly third party serves the theme in my opinion. There are other, major flaws in it.

Prime Junta

I was gushing about this to my wife, who doesn't play computer games, and this was one thing I mentioned that I wasn't super-enthusiastic about. It's pretty common in noirs but I still don't care for this twist, even if it was foreshadowed nicely with all the history and shit. (In fact I was suspecting a certain prestigious and well-loved veteran carabinier -- he fit the profile: expert rifleman, would know where the weapons caches are, still physically able, clearly good eyesight since he plays boules with no problems, a lifetime of grudges to work up a motive.)

However, I can understand it from a game design PoV. It would be incredibly frustrating to the player if he figures it out early and isn't able to spring it on the suspect; it would make the whole rest of the game feel completely railroaded; whereas allowing for it would make the already gigamegamassive dialogue trees sprout another forest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom