Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Prime Junta

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Anyone dealt with dude who is so rich light bends around his face? What's the deal with that?
Nothing really,you could scam 110 buck from him.

Yeah I scammed him of course, just wandering if there's something later in the game with him.
Haven't found anything about him,i think that it is just there as a weird joke.

Yeah I had that feeling, it was really wacky and out of place. Oh well, at least I don't have to bother running through all the doors and loading screens in this "open world" to get to his container and check if there are new dialogue options, heh.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Another thing I just noticed: If you increase your Perception (I assume it's because of my increased Perception), you'll find more stuff in the world. And I'm not talking about the fact that you'll see more things in dialogues or get more of those popups in your head, but completely un-prompted containers and such, with things like coins and flasks in them.

Very subtle. Very cool.

Terenty

Liturgist
Is Legendary the most difficult check? Is there reason to spec more than 10 in a skill?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think I'll have to hand in my fanboy card to whoever wrote this review: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/reviews/disco-elysium-review-perfect-detective-20649234

Conclusion:

The Good:

• Depth of character development
• Rich story and environments
• Surreal conversations
• Gorgeous visuals and voice acting

The Bad:

Nothing. Literally nothing.
Really, though, I have to cop up (no pun intended) to becoming a bit of a fanboy myself. My only genuine non-nit-picky complaints regarding the game so far is:
  • The overt repeat political ignorance exhibited and the subsequent inability to understand or express viewpoints counter to ones own.
  • That it purports to be a CRPG, not an Adventure game. This is understandable, given the discrepancy in terms of exposure when it comes to the two genres, but it still irks me and strikes me as a sell-out move.
And so far that's pretty much it, which in the grand scheme of things are fairly small issues, it's not like ideologically cognizant people are a dime a dozen, anyway. The general ignorance is simply representative of the same ignorance in the population at large, it's not singularly retarded or anything. Still, I wish someone that wants to play around with these things would at least try to make an effort, but the fact that they didn't is disappointing but not surprising.

Terenty

Liturgist

Egosphere

Arcane
Is Legendary the most difficult check? Is there reason to spec more than 10 in a skill?

You often get modifiers that push it well past that.

I mean if i have 10 in a skill is there a reason to put more points or i will be able to pass any checks with 10?

There are checks for 20

So Legendary check is 14 and there are even higher like 20 right?

Yes. I think they're the 'impossible' checks.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i finished. the cracks shows near the end, but i still love it. still one of my favorite RPG ever.

spoiler about the stuff i don't like:

the tribunal confrontation. yeaaaah that's a solid complaint. so railroaded, it feels like everything is being funneled into that moment and the player lost control while the rest of the game feels really open ended, detective-y. could do with better execution. no the game would be PERFECT with better execution

the second is the culprit. it just straight up violated knox's 1st law of detective story. i know he's been referenced here and there troughout the game. but he is still an outsider to the main cast. it's a lie from the beginning. the best the player can deduce is "it's none of them. it's someone else" and i thought of that immediately after ruby.

i liked his banter and confession moment, but i would love it more if he was a part of the main cast. maybe turn him into one of the old guys playing balls, or just random old hobo in the street that you can talk with, and hinting his commietard heart in the dialogue. the writers should have been able to pull it off. they are talented. i don't know what made this decision, either time/budget or some artistic decision i do not understand.

8/10 would be a fair score for it. would be 10/10 if not for the weaker final act. i do hope they make more games in the future, and it seems to be a small commercial hit already if it stay on the chart for the next several days. definitely replaying it soon.

i also like

the go over with your old squadmates in the end. i really liked it. shame about the other ending parts

Vatnik Wumao
Question about day 1 autopsy,
If I find the bullet during the second look on the ground, am I locked out of sending the body to the fridge as to steal the boots? Would like to do a thorough examination on day 1 and be done with it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
anyway how to do the figurine you're supposed to give to a chick

the task said give it to dolores, but she's fucking dead 300 years ago, and i assume it was for harry's ex-gf but aside from the phone call, i don't think the game ever let you to meet her in person

Quillon

Arcane
Question about day 1 autopsy,
If I find the bullet during the second look on the ground, am I locked out of sending the body to the fridge as to steal the boots? Would like to do a thorough examination on day 1 and be done with it.

Probably. Kim works fast and in mysterious ways; I sent him to his room and went outside, his car was gone. Don't know about sending the body to the fridge.

frajaq

Erudite
Why does forgetting Thought Cabinet stuff requires a skill point? You already can never "recover" the thought you discard so it's already costing you something. Honestly feel that a few of the slots should be unlocked "naturally" as the days in-game go by, as a sign that you're recovering a bit and getting your head straight

Prime Junta

Why does forgetting Thought Cabinet stuff requires a skill point? You already can never "recover" the thought you discard so it's already costing you something. Honestly feel that a few of the slots should be unlocked "naturally" as the days in-game go by, as a sign that you're recovering a bit and getting your head straight

I think the thinking is that it discourages gaming the THC too much. The intent is that it encourages you to roleplay; picking and discarding thoughts just for the bonuses goes counter to that. It doesn't completely cockblock you however, there are situations where you might want to do that anyway and not just because you internalised a dumb thought -- for example, be a Superstar, level up your Perception, then make room for some other Thought.

v1rus

Arcane
Turns out that Wompty Dompty Centre is bugged too (Same thing as art critic, but for encyclopedia.)

Fucking frustrating. I pretty much got - 2 to suggestion and -1 to hand/eye and lost 2 skill points. I should really get around and hack the damn save file.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
anyway how to do the figurine you're supposed to give to a chick

the task said give it to dolores, but she's fucking dead 300 years ago, and i assume it was for harry's ex-gf but aside from the phone call, i don't think the game ever let you to meet her in person

Oh shit,
reload a save from the island and sleep in the bed there, then replay the final interrogation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom