Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divine Divinity is the best shit game I have ever played

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
AFAIR arrows are needed when you equip a bow (but I'm not even sure about that, it's been a long time).
Nope. Bows have infinite ammunition. There are just some lone arrow lying on the ground here and there and they get equipped in the weapon slot.

Another little thing that bothers me. There is this ''minion's bastard sword'' in one of merchant's inventory that says it has ''charm: quality 2'', but none are listed. And it costs 5 grand. Either they forgot to complete descriptions or there is some hidden quality to it..

edit: i think i got it - it has two free slots for putting enchantments there

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Played the DKS version on console. Liked it a lot. The characters were funny and i enjoyed exploring the world. Pre-ordered Divinity Original Sin but I'm not going to play it until it's ready for release

I think you are confusing Divinity 2 - Dragon Knight Saga with Divine Divinity (which is Divinity 1).

Snozgobler

Educated
I wondered what charm was for in D:OS (I was a kickstarter backer and have been playing the game for a bit, but not looked at any info on their forums about game mechanics). I assumed it must be some kind of enchant/socket system given the price hike with no noticeable stat benefits, but never took the time to buy any items with charm from a vendor.

Can't bro-fist as I've been a lurker here much longer than an account owner, but thanks for confirming what it does ERYFKRAD

MrMarbles

Cipher
About to start playing this, i've skim-browsed this thread but tried to ignore spoilers, any general tips to make it emotionally engaging more fun?

If you want emotionally engaging avoid frost enchanted weapons, freezing everything = instawin. This may have been fixed by a patch tho

Severian Silk

I didn't have that good of a time playing DD. I can't even remember the story. The second half is especially forgettable.

I'm soooooooo glad that there are so many party-based tactics-style RPGs being released nowadays.

Prince of Qin is a similar game from around that time and was equally boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the game was a lot of fun, it had a very nice atmosphere, mostly due to beautiful graphics and beautiful music; a story that was dramatic enough, yet didn't take itself all too seriously (without getting too wacky). The fighting was fast and enjoyable, even though they went over-board with the amount of enemies, so I became a little tired of the clicketyclickety-click orgies sometimes. On the other hand, since there was no respawning, it never became too frustrating and it was motivating to clear out areas.* All in all I think it was a very enjoyable game, even though I think Div2 improved it in almost every way - however both games are so different in style that a comparison might be unfair. I have yet to play Beyond Divinity and will probably do so sometime this year.

*Thinking about this, I almost always enjoy games without/very limited respawning much more, I wonder why they are so rare. I think its very motivating to clear out areas completely and it cuts down a lot of the tediousness when you have to backtrack and get something done and you don't have to fight the enemies all over again..

btw What was it with Janus killing all those Dreadlords before wiping out the council, I really didn't get that scene, it seemed so random. I thought they appeared to help him, yet he mows them all down for no apparent reason. Did I miss something?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Does anyone ever reads previous page?
Wondering about few things. Is there any point to snarky/asshole dialog options other than get 'bioware evil' type consequences? As in, no exp. NPC hates you. Bad rep. That is all. Enjoy role-playing eevul d00d trololo.
Armor's 'armor' vs '+x defense' charm - which is better and why. Up till now i was using the very first armor i obtained, the chain-mail with +2 constitution and +2 defense modifier and armor class of 90. Is an armor of 140 armor class, but no bonuses better or worse than that?
I'm specially curious about the bolded part, because i think i'll replay the game at least once with different build and if possible/not pointless, with diofferent approach to some quests. At this point it seems that 'evil' is just for juvenile show-off just like in Bioshit. Am i wrong?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't really checked it out, but I think that if you get your rep low enough, people'd go hostile just talking to you. Other than that, not really. I suppose D:OS will be more accomodating in this regard. Stabbey would know better though.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't really checked it out, but I think that if you get your rep low enough, people'd go hostile just talking to you. Other than that, not really. I suppose D:OS will be more accomodating in this regard. Stabbey would know better though.
Is he a Larian fan turned employee like Raze?
Again, he'd know better. All's I know is he's the guy that made good of the first 3 Divinity games.

Stabbey

Learned
I'm specially curious about the bolded part, because i think i'll replay the game at least once with different build and if possible/not pointless, with diofferent approach to some quests. At this point it seems that 'evil' is just for juvenile show-off just like in Bioshit. Am i wrong?

I actually am not sure, but I don't think that the 'evil' dialogue stuff means much at all. People certainly won't like you and if your rep lowers they won't want to talk to you as much, shopkeeper prices will go up and such, I think. It's been a couple years since I last played DD.

I don't think there are a lot of quests that have "evil" ways to finish them. There are quests which have multiple outcomes, but in most cases it was shades of grey instead of black and white. I know you can mug a dwarf for his gemstones through dialogue I know there are a few which have different outcomes, like the cow thief one. The divinity games specifically avoid having a morality meter system to punish you for playing the game 'wrong'. There are consequences for doing things and you may not like them, but each choice is your own and you're free to make it without having to worry about if that will affect an ending or lower an important morality meter.

Divinity 2 was better in that there were usually at least two ways to finish quests, and one tended to be the 'evil' way, but the game doesn't judge you. I think that as a refreshing change from the standard "pure selfless hero" responses in most games, the snarky dialogue is it's own reward.

I'm not a Larian employee, no.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Divinity 2 was better in that there were usually at least two ways to finish quests, and one tended to be the 'evil' way, but the game doesn't judge you. I think that as a refreshing change from the standard "pure selfless hero" responses in most games, the snarky dialogue is it's own reward.
To be honest, "MAXOS!" is not exactly evil, but fuck that option is too good to resist wherever it comes up.
I hope something similar turns up in D:OS.

Gord

Arcane
To be honest, "MAXOS!" is not exactly evil, but fuck that option is too good to resist wherever it comes up.
I hope something similar turns up in D:OS.

That dying soldier in Flames of Vengeance who you ask to deliver a message to Amdusias, should he meet him in the afterlife. :lol:

A user named cat

I have no idea why but next to PS:T and Gothic 2, DD1 is the RPG I've probably replayed the most all the way through. Just had that something special regardless of the combat and quirks. I think Kirill is mostly to blame for making such a great soundtrack that sucked you completely into the game and every area you explored. I always sought out to uncover every single inch of the world until there was next no fog of war left intact.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I know about different choices in some quests, but i was particularly interested in the good/evil dichotomy in this game so i guess your answer means there is really no point in acting like prick, only downsides. Thanks.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IF YOU PUT STRAW OR HAY TOGETHER IT MAKES A BEFD AND YOU CAN CARRY IT

AT LEAST I THINK THATA IS WHAT IT WAS

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
BROS IF YOU PUT STRAW OR HAY TOGETHER IT MAKES A BEFD AND YOU CAN CARRY IT

AT LEAST I THINK THATA IS WHAT IT WAS
YEAH BRO, BUT IF YOU LOOK HARD ENOUGH YOU CAN FIND A WEIGHTLESS BED YOU CAN CARRY AND NEVER HAVE BOTHER WITH STRAW.

i don't recall exactly. Wasn't there an elf slut who wnated to be your wife? there was some dialouge option of staying with her for one week. more than enough time for a single womyn :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom