Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Divinity: Fallen Heroes - canceled tactical spinoff from Expeditions series devs

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Thought to write up impressions earlier but got delayed. Oh well, I'm ~15h into DOS1EE so I guess it's a good a time as any.

The UI looks stylish. That's the first thing that struck me.

Armour system still there? I don't know how I feel about that just yet. I personally just preferred the limited disables + resistance based armour in DOS1 over the rindonk disables and second HP pool you have to go through of DOS2.

Not grid based. Instant dislike, one of my least favourite parts of both DOS1 and DOS2 was the fact that the combat was not grid based. This leads to a ton of annoyances and pixel hunting in gameplay, trying to squeeze out a 0.1m of extra movement from your AP or having to look for a single pixel in the foot of the enemy that your ranged character can hit so you don't waste AP on having to move.

Please, smite down the person who thought up Larian system of having the ground covered in fire or poison that lasts forever and deals absurd damage per second. This is bad enough in DOS1, but in DOS2 having EVERYTHING covered in cursed bloody necrofire of 999999 damage per picosecond that you can't do anything about is fucking INSUFFERABLE. This is extra annoying if you ever move through or near the fire or poison, there's been so many times I try to move on the edge of some ground coverings (aka more god damn pixel hunting) and trying to avoid damage, but it just so happens that I walk through 2 pixels of invisible fire and each step in it lights me on fire in a instant and deals 2 ticks of damage.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I could rage on about this shit forever, I HATE this system.

Usual Larian tongue in cheek wankish writing. Absolutely filth, truth be told. Larian's fanbase certainly seems to enjoy it, especially now with their newfound popularity after DOS2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/divinity-fallen-heroes/story-gameplay

Divinity: Fallen Heroes takes a series detour in the form of a short, punchy RPG chronicle
Command the Lady Vengeance, lead the ship's crew, and master gunpowder in this new addition to the Divinity series

Divinity-Fallen-Heroes-the-crew-of-the-Lady-Vengeance-900x506.jpg

On the rocky seas of Rivellon floats a giant vessel. It’s a battleship, armed to the teeth with cannons and a crew of heroes who know how to maximise destruction. This fortress, the Lady Vengeance, is a highlight of Divinity: Original Sin 2, and it’s coming back as the leading lady in the forthcoming tactics game Divinity: Fallen Heroes.

Fallen Heroes is a short detour from the RPG format that developer Larian Studios has built its reputation on. It’s a smaller, punchier title than previous Divinity games, tasking you with commanding the ship and taking on missions from its helm – which means an even greater focus on the series’ ingenious remix of tactical combat.

Though, as always with Divinity, your choices will alter the course of the story, from what mission you prioritise, to how you command troops and make diplomatic decisions.

Big additions to the combat come in the form of guns and gunpowder, and a new element called Sulfurium, all of which adds more bang to your beatdowns. You can turn one or more of your crew of familiar faces into a sharpshooting gunslinger, but beware, as the enemy has access to the same technology. It’ll only take a couple of stray bullets in your heroes’ hides for them to be lost forever.

As there’s a lot of new ground being made with Fallen Heroes, we chatted with producer Kieron Kelly about what the main story will cover, the reasons behind Larian’s decision to try a different RPG format, and how Fallen Heroes adds to Divinity’s rich narrative tapestry.

PCGN: What can we expect from Divinity: Fallen Heroes?

Kieron Kelly: Divinity: Fallen Heroes is a tactics game built out of the Original Sin 1 and 2 engine. It’s got the combat of Original Sin 2, so imagine a tactics game combined with all the strength and depth of an RPG like decision making, choice, and consequence.

Fallen Heroes makes you feel like you’ve got a really great narrative and roleplaying opportunity, but in a tactics game. So instead of the 80 hours of an RPG like Original Sin 2, this is more like a 20 to 25 hour experience.

Some people might be surprised that we went down the tactics route, only because we’re very much an RPG developer. And I dutifully express to the fans that we’re not abandoning our roots, we’re still making RPGs. It’s no secret that we are working on more than one project, so this is one of the projects we are working on.

Does Fallen Heroes expand on the lore of the Divinity series?

Fallen Heroes happens two years after the events of Divinity: Original Sin 2, but it’s a spin-off. It’s not Original Sin 3. All your favourite heroes return; Ifan, Lohse, Beast, Fane, Sebille, and the Red Emperor. Malady also returns, and is a playable character.

There are multiple endings to Original Sin 2, so the canonical ending in this case is that the Source has left the world. That means Lucian is still leading the Divine Order but he’s no longer with The Divine. They still call him The Divine but he no longer has that power.

The only real Source magic left in the world is still aboard the Lady Vengeance. This is because Malady, being Malady, found a small loophole on the ship, and so she’s got a bit of Source for herself. That’s roughly where we start.

Does co-op in Fallen Heroes work the same as before?

Co-op combat will work a little differently to Original Sin 2 because the turns will be team-based and simultaneous. So a co-op partnership will be able to create all the perfect combinations they want without needing to worry about initiative orders.

Narratively, it should feel similar though, since each conversation will be unique to the player and not necessarily always shared with their partner.

Divinity is a series with a lot of lore and a huge backstory, are there any onboarding features to help new players to the series?

Well, this game, I’m hoping is a lot more approachable for people that weren’t into the series before. We’re never going to create a game that relies on you knowing the lore from the first one.

There will be a lead up and it should be easy for new fans to step in and go, ‘Ok I got the feel of this’ in a tactical space environment, so it’s a bit more easily consumable and not wandering around trying to discover what the world is about.

We want the player to feel like they’re completing missions and experiencing some narrative in between that bring the story forward and that they know that their decisions are still making a big impact. They don’t need to go somewhere to find out where this person lives or to find out where the next part of the puzzle is.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Very happy to see Logic Artists get this, even happier to see they're revamping the DOS system. Congrats Avonaeon and team!

On a totally different note... how many offices around the world does Larian have, yet they're paying another company to make a game for them? Seems a bit odd.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...s-resurrects-larians-strangest-forgotten-game

DIVINITY: FALLEN HEROES RESURRECTS LARIAN'S STRANGEST FORGOTTEN GAME
An unexpected successor to Dragon Commander's throne.

A few years ago I visited Larian Studios, the Belgian developer behind the Divinity series. I was there to see how development of Divinity: Original Sin 2 was going, but I had another game on my mind: Divinity: Dragon Commander. A strange fusion of Total War-style strategy and choice-heavy RPG, it’s unlike anything I’ve ever played before or since.

Over dinner I found myself talking to Jan Van Dosselaer, the man responsible for writing a huge amount of Dragon Commander. After explaining to him how much I loved the game, despite its horrendously messy real-time strategy combat, I asked if there was any chance of a sequel. The table, headed up by Larian CEO Swen Vincke, laughed the question aside. Apparently there wasn’t a chance of me ever seeing Dragon Commander 2.

Skip forward three years to 2019, and Larian has recently announced Divinity: Fallen Heroes, a game being made in collaboration with Logic Artists. Interestingly, it is not the sequel to beloved RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 that many expected and hoped for. Rather, Fallen Heroes is actually a turn-based tactics game in the lineage of Fire Emblem; a fusion of XCOM-like tactical missions and choice-heavy RPG chapters.

Wait a minute… is this a new Dragon Commander?

In Divinity: Original Sin 2, combat is one of many components that make up a sprawling role-playing epic. But in Divinity: Fallen Heroes, that very same combat system is firmly in the spotlight; the game, like XCOM, is a series of challenging combat missions featuring tactical objectives that must be achieved using the abilities and spells of a crack team of god-like heroes, amusingly known as the Apocalypse Squad (Divinity’s Terry Pratchett-like edge is definitely still here).

It’s a design that makes perfect sense; Original Sin 2 has the most intricate and ambitious combat system of any RPG you could care to name, and so to build a new game upon it seems only natural. If you’re unfamiliar with Divinity’s turn-based combat engine, it’s a complex, unforgiving tinder box of elements that are in constant war with each other. If you stab a soldier they’ll bleed, and that pool of blood can then be frozen into a slippery trap that’ll trip over anyone who steps across it, knocking them out cold. Amazingly, that’s just a simple example.

But Fallen Heroes wouldn’t be a Divinity game if it were not also an RPG in some form. Story and choices unfold onboard the Lady Vengeance; a battle ship you and your team of heroes call home. Akin to how the story is told between battles in a Fire Emblem game, it is on the Lady Vengeance that you can discuss previous missions and future plans, unveil the story’s lore, and make decisions that Larian promise will have lasting, sometimes devastating impacts on the world of Rivellon.

With Original Sin 2 fresh in the memory, it seems a little odd that a Divinity game would wrench its components apart and create, to some degree, two separate entities; a turn-based tactics game and a visual novel-like RPG. But this delivery allows for a very different battle focus; rather than being encounters with enemies that you meet as part of a wider quest, each mission has to be a narrative experience in itself. Objectives chain together and demand specific outcomes, creating a very different form of challenge.

More than that, though, this two-component structure harks back to Larian’s most unusual title: the aforementioned oddity Dragon Commander. The story chapters set on Fallen Heroes’ Lady Vengeance are even identical in presentation to Dragon Commander, itself also set on a warship. Choices made in dialogue open up options for combat, but in Fallen Heroes that combat is the intricate systems of Original Sin 2, rather than Dragon Commander’s mess of unwieldy steampunk legions and jetpack dragons.

Divinity: Fallen Heroes, then, is a chance to reignite the embers of Dragon Commander; it preserves the brilliance of its interactive storytelling and guillotines off the worst bits, replacing them with something superior.

So that’s Fallen Heroes in concept, but what about practice? My hands-on sees a squad of four heroes attempt to save three groups of civilians who are spread across a sizable city courtyard. Leading the group is Lohse, one of Original Sin 2’s most memorable characters. She’s backed up by three nameless adventurers who fulfil the healer, rogue, and warrior archetypes. It is through careful use of the team’s complementary and contrasting skills that I save… some of the helpless civilians from death at the hands of a band of ever-reinforcing marauders.

Alongside spells and abilities that will be familiar to Divinity veterans, Fallen Heroes allows you to take two single-use artifacts into each battle. For this mission I have a set of Teleporter Pyramids, which are used to set up two portals for instantaneous travel across the map. They can be used to make saving civilians a painless job, but I mis-click and set the portals up an inch apart. The rescue mission becomes rather more painful.

As a beefy lad with a sword longer than himself attempts to cleave my healer in two, I use the second of my artifacts: a cow bell. The magical instrument instantly transforms the swordsman into a fine bovine specimen who’s easily turned into tomorrow’s pie filling.

As is Divinity tradition, though, the mission soon shows me that it’s unwise to use all of your lifelines too soon. After scraping an evacuation by the skin of my teeth, Lucian the Divine - a key player in Rivellon’s lore - turns up and butchers my entire team. Through a sly smile, I’m told by Larian that the cow bell works on bosses. I’d wasted my golden ticket to victory.

Unfortunately I now have four dead heroes, and thanks to the magic of perma-death there’s little chance I’ll ever get them back. I’m informed resurrection does exist in Fallen Heroes, but it won’t be an easy process.

The second mission in the demo involves a new element: Sulphurium. Land in a pool of this vomit-coloured substance - be that from a magical fall, or knocked back into it by the force of the game’s new firearms - and you’ll be hurled away by a kinetic shockwave. Like everything in Divinity, this can be a force for chaos or ingenuity. One wrong move around it can cause not just the death of your enemies but also half of your squad. A more calculated move, however, can see you rocket jump a hero across multiple patches of Sulphurium and up into an advantageous tactical position.

It seems that Larian and co-developer Logic Artists are stretching their tactical muscles with this new application of Divinity’s combat system. It’s exciting to imagine what kind of puzzle-box scenarios each of the missions will provide. But after chatting with Larian’s writers, I’m equally excited to see where Fallen Heroes takes the narrative of Rivellon.

The game’s narrative is described as being akin to Das Boot, a German WW2 film in which the crew of a U-Boat suffer the horrors of being in uncomfortably close quarters while the world falls apart above them. Fallen Heroes’ team of hot-headed heroes are stuck on the Lady Vengeance together, and all have different approaches to the doomsday scenario that’s snapping at the hull. Seeing how Fane, an undead character who’s seen so many apocalypses that they’ve become a trivial nuisance, deals with the actions of the empathetic Lohse is sure to be fascinating, especially when the game requires you to pick a side.

But, more than that, I’m delighted to see Divinity: Dragon Commander get a spiritual successor. Larian’s most awkward creation finally has the missing piece to its puzzle, and I can’t wait to see it reborn like a particularly fiery phoenix that will, if my experience with Divinity is anything to go by, set the entire place on fire and cause the smokey demise of my foes.

I’d like to think that my enthusiasm for Dragon Commander at that dinner back in 2016 is the reason behind Divinity: Fallen Heroes’ creation. But let’s face it, the only thing more stupid than that line of thinking is trying to organise a legion of steam-powered tanks while simultaneously controlling a jetpack-powered dragon.

ColCol

Arcane
So will combat be faster in this game? And will it actually feel fatal like Xcom?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Swen is visiting some Chinese game convention showing Fallen Heroes, and a Chinese gamer wrote a blog about meeting with him: https://www.gcores.com/articles/109639

Yeah, it's written in Chinese and Google Translation is... funky to say the least, but funny read regardless. See how Swen dancing around the subject of armor system.

Also:

Me: "In this case, can I look forward to "God World: Original Sin 3"? I have asked too much!"

Swen: "Ha ha ha ha ha, I don't know, I don't know anything."

Google you're drunk said:
Talk to Swen Vincke about "God and Others": Which is pretty cool, Right?
Swen: "Yes, the 'armor' system is what I did. I can't wait to find a place to sneak in this topic."

On the second day of Beijing nuclear fusion in 2019, on May 12, Mr. Swen Vincke, who was invited by the nuclear network, came to the nuclear fusion site. My partner and I entered the venue at 9:00 on the morning of the same day. When I entered the venue, I was still chatting about the question that Mr. Swen will show his face from today. As you look at the demo area of "God of the World: Heroes", you can see Mr. Swen’s tall, tall, sparse hair standing there, smiling and watching the players who came to the trial experience. We are.

This article is intended to record some of the simple interactions that Mr. Swen Vincke performed with the author, and the interesting responses provided by Mr. Swen after the trial of "God of God: Heroes". After I went home, I thought about it more and more. I felt that the communication with him was very interesting. It is worth recording and sharing it with everyone. I will also introduce some new systems about the release of "God World: Heroes".

Note : Although I have raised many questions and can be answered by Mr. Swen, this is not an interview. This is a chat record, and the opinions expressed in this record are solely for me. This is just a series of fans of the "God of God: Original Sin" series asking the producers questions and sharing the feelings, so in the following communication records, the author's content is full of the author's subjective view of the "God of God: Original Sin" series of games. Feelings and opinions, if you want to read an official interview report, then this article is not the article you want to see. I use English to communicate with Mr. Swen Vincke, but I don't know how to use English. Therefore, some important words will be provided with original notes to prevent misunderstandings.

chat record
About the world
At that time, there were only a handful of people waiting in the "God of the World: Heroes Again" trial area. After I asked my friend for a signature from Mr. Swen, I immediately lined up to try the game. I didn't elaborate on the part of the demo. When I just removed three guns, the volunteer classmates said that my trial time is up. I have to let go of this boss for the time being. I will go to Mr. Swen Vincke after finishing the souvenir. It is.

Me: "I am very happy to meet you. I just tried "God World: Heroes Again". Now I can't wait to have some questions to ask you."

Swen: "You can say nothing."

I may be the first fan of today to find him to talk, he showed an excited look, and looked at me with a smile. Fortunately, you don’t lose him when you are tall.

Me: "I am a "God of the World: Original Sin" series of players, I started playing from the first 'original sin'. But the difference between this game experience and the predecessor 'original sin 2' is definitely 'original sin 2' The difference between the first 'original sin' and this is a completely new thing."

Swen: "This is the case. After all, this time it is mainly for another group (Another Company, this should be referred to as Logic Aritsts studio). It is a refurbished engine. I will know that this game is different from the past."

Me: "In the demo, after a brief conversation I was directly thrown into a scene, in the battle scene. Will there be a big map this time?"

Swen: "Yes, this time there will be a big map (World Map, pay attention to the difference), but ... and the big map you imagined must be different. If you play, this time the players are all On this ship, you only need to control the ship to sail in the world. The basic things to do are: go to the place, choose teammates, start playing, search for Loot, and leave."

Me: "Like Star Trek... (Starcraf...)"

Swen (excited to grab the words): "Basically like UFO 2 (XCOM2)."

I always think this can make fans say that the producer is a bit too straightforward! I made a smirk and imagined that other producers took the initiative to say something like: "We basically have a whole black soul."

Me: "I understand the UFO 2! That means the ship will have a rich facility upgrade system."

Swen: "Yes, that's what it is..." At this point, he may also realize that the atmosphere is a bit wrong, and then he said: "But believe me, although it is a familiar system, but this is definitely you never The new version of the experienced ship (unlike you have ever played before.) looked at me with a firm look. With his own words, the big hand waved, I want to say that StarCraft 2, what is the mass effect? Leave the fan away.

Me: "That is, I believe!"

I and I smiled at each other and temporarily separated from the topic of UFO 2. At the beginning, I felt that the uncle who was gray and bald in front of the eyes knew the player very well. He would use other better understanding of the game system to quickly answer my questions. He did not hesitate to answer this slightly sensitive solution. Blurt out. Anyway, when the game comes out, you know that it’s awkward to play. It’s better to tell me what is going on now. This is both frank and confident, and full of confidence in your own game.

2. Core gameplay
I want to share with him the experience of playing the first "God of the World: Original Sin", so I started the following dialogue.

Me: "I want to say that I have played the first 'original sin' completely. The 'original sin' is a friend of mine with me. We both got through the customs. She is a person who is totally different from my personality... ”

Swen (interjected): "Of course, this time there is also a multiplayer mode, and like the first one, there are only two people." He shook his two fingers.

Me: "Yes, that must be there." Then continue what I have to say. "She and I have different opinions on many decisions. We hope that the story can be developed in different directions. This is an important part of role-playing. When we are both playing, we will quarrel and bicker, and we will argue with each other." Trying to convince the other party to let the story develop in the direction we want. When the stone scissors cloth... I mean the system that the players in the game are convinced that the system can not solve the dispute, we will even be in the game. Starting PVP, of course, I can do this in the game, and then things will develop in the direction that the winner wants.” Speaking of this, Mr. Swen’s mouth is rising very sharply, as if the child who succeeded in the mischief looked at the expression with victory. "The victim" is the same.

Me: "When I was playing 'original sin 2', there were 4 people in the team. Almost half of the time, four of us could not reach a consensus. Plus the game canceled the function of mutual persuasion between players, just give each The second decision provides an optional attitude. So simply, we only have three players running with a leader. He said that we will do it, which weakens the experience of 'role play'."

Mr. Swen cleverly avoided the positive answer to this topic. He said: "In this "Heroes of Advent" game, the two players are actually playing the two 'Commanders', each leading their own team to fight, which is the same as each of the previous players. The role is different, the player will experience the new form of role play in the new form of the ship."

I had to go down and say: "Two commanders? That match the new round of the ship, you should be able to play more refreshing fancy tactics." But what I think is actually this Basically, say goodbye to the role-playing component of multiplayer games.

Swen: "Yes, this is a new way of cooperation. Everyone has to think a lot more... Speaking of this, have you tried a new Fire Arm weapon?"

Fight
Me: "Yes, I tried it, but I was actually shot... When I found out that this weapon can kill people for a distance, my mind thinks that using this weapon can achieve many kinds of advantages. (H) show (鄙) tactics. But when it comes to tactics, I really want to talk to you about this 'armor system'."

Mr. Swen, who heard this sentence, smiled with his hands on his face. "I am afraid that you ask this... Oh my god, yes, the 'armor' system is what I did. I can't wait to find a place to sneak in this topic." He smiled and twisted and went to do it. Out of the action seems to be looking for escape routes.

Me: "You don't panic first. I know that this new physical armor and magic armor system has attracted quite a bit of criticism since the 'original sin 2', but I saw that you have retained this in this work. Controversial new system, so I am still willing to talk to you about this hot potato..."

At this point, a friend who passed by was asked to sign and take a photo. I temporarily let them take a photo. After a while, Mr. Swen came over and chatted with me.

Swen: "Oh, where are we talking about it? Speaking of armor, right?"

Yes I am……"

Swen: "Hey, look at the bird flying over there!" He used his finger to look behind me and then made another move, with a very naughty smile on his face.

Me: "Then I have to control you with negative effects to prevent you from running."

He laughed when he heard this sentence, and realized that he couldn't avoid this topic. Then he immediately condensed his smile and said to me with sincere and firm words:

Swen: "I have to admit that we have made mistakes (Mistakes), we have made many mistakes, this is just one of them..."

what? ! Suddenly so serious mistakes can be okay... I didn't realize until now that this armor system might bring more negative feedback to Mr. Swen and Larion Studio than I did not realize. After all, the friends who played the first original sin should feel the same as me. The addition of this system has revolutionized the entire game's combat system, and the logic of the battle has completely changed.

Me: "How do I say... I don't think this is a serious mistake, but this system does bring about earth-shaking changes in the combat experience. When playing the first "original sin", my friends and I must constantly interact with each other. Negotiating, calculating, making suggestions, and even bickering, the purpose is to plan a perfect 'control chain', and let all the enemies stop fighting as much as possible from beginning to end. We have a sense of accomplishment in this game. And the frontal combat experience. The new armor system basically completely eliminates the so-called 'one control in the end'. Many players like me who like the battle logic of one control, will definitely not like the new one. The armor system. But innovation still needs to be done."

In the original sin 2 of the gods, most control skills are ineffective before the enemy's armor value is completely reduced.

Swen: "Nothing is wrong. I designed this armor system to minimize the effect of control skills. I hope more skills can come in handy. More combat methods can be tapped, not everyone. Studying control skills..."

Me: "Yes, I will try to master more control skills when I play."

Swen: "Those skills are too OP, right?"

Me: "Yes, but you didn't at least let the players like it, OP's things are simply cut across." This armor system, although I didn't adapt at first, I got used to it. When I played in the original sin 2 'After I found out that the armor system is just a representation that I am not used to. The essence of it is that with the improvement of the level, if you do not update the equipment, it will have a disparity in strength with the enemy. You can get a few levels for each level... ”

Swen (interjection): "Two levels, up to two levels, you have to change equipment immediately, otherwise the attributes can not keep up."

Me: "Yes, when I saw a monster of the same level, and how much is his armor? Lu Xi'an is on! There are 500 points! I don't have many of them together, I don't want to live in this life. I want to kill him."

Swen: "But you can definitely beat him, right?" This is a very excited, confident statement. "When you turn around and go around, on the one hand, you can upgrade your equipment. On the other hand, you can find some ways to help you through the storm. It may be terrain, spells, abilities, what, you will always shine." There are some ideas for you to defeat the enemy in the face of adversity. This is what we want, we hope that players can turn around, move their minds, and try to think. When they solve problems intelligently, this feeling is Quite awesome! We want this." (Maybe you should talk to a person who is called Blowing Brother.)

Me: "Yes, the sense of accomplishment brought by cleverly defeating powerful enemies is huge, I will feel that I am very smart."

Swen: "That's why we finally decided to keep the armor system. We hope that the enemy is powerful in front of the players, unable to be controlled and unpredictable. This will allow everyone to start smart brains and find ways to solve the enemy. You have also played, this new armor system has been fine-tuned, the value is quite right, right?"

Me: "Yes right..." (I only played for 15 minutes after all, it is appropriate if you say it is appropriate.)

Me: "And the maps of the past are so vast -"

Swen (interjection): "Which is pretty cool, right?"

Me: "Bullying, arrogant..." (I originally wanted to say that there is a lot of tactical preparations before the war before the big maps without free action, so I am going back to me.)

Swen: "And in the past, the skills you are familiar with are also re-adjusted. When you use it, remember to revisit the skill description. You will find a big difference, so I believe that the combat experience brought by this game will be even higher. Floors."

Me: "I noticed that the skills I used to know in the past have been given new effects or changed features. So... when the game is released, there will be a new set of sounds..."

4. Other
"There will be a lot of voices pointing out, similar to 'this is not the game we are familiar with! The change is too big, you are gone! 'What..." This is to understand the armor system for La Ryan studio After what a big negative feedback, what I want to say. "For this kind of useless non-benign feedback, I hope you just don't give a fuck. At least I really like this game, I hope that when it comes out, it will make me have a pleasant experience as it is today." I patted him on the shoulder.

Swen: "(With a small voice) you can rest assured... I won't give a fuck... Although it's still a semi-finished product, the tone is already so, it won't be changed too much. Of course, I also hope that more players can Accept this game."

Me: "And, I noticed that this story is directly connected to the original sin 2, and the plot of the original sin 2 is a complete story in my opinion, so I did not expect this story to directly follow the original sin 2. Just like the main story of original sin 2 is not the same as the story of original sin 1."

Swen: "This is because when we make the original sin 2, we are holding the whole world line of the "God of the Gods" series (here should refer to the whole "God of Reality", not the "Original Sin" series). The world’s ambitions have been made. Now the world of original sin 2 is mature enough and huge enough to accommodate more stories. By the way, I can tell you a little about it, I have a new game project, I’m already doing it—" (I was shocked! I planted wheat in the face!)

Me: "In this case, can I look forward to "God World: Original Sin 3"? I have asked too much!"

Swen: "Ha ha ha ha ha, I don't know, I don't know anything."

end
Finally, I asked Mr. Swen for a signature. He asked me for my name. I told him to write "Carrot of Rivia", which is my ID. I obviously saw that he stumbled, and I said, "Jerlot, Gerald of Livia - but I am Carrot." He laughed after getting the homophonic stalk and also ridiculed me. Fan. I just think that, compared to the relationship between fans and producers, our conversation today is more like a conversation between two gamers, very relaxed and comfortable. There are not too many Mandarin words, more of mutual understanding and mutual understanding. Give appropriate reflections on decisions that have been wrong, but it is important to use them as nutrients to better develop into the next work. This sincere and pragmatic attitude makes me feel respectful.

With the feeling of sharing, I have reorganized this originally very broken dialogue and explained it to everyone. This is a very interesting experience in my opinion. There must be a lot of friends who talked to him like me. If Mr. Swen made any interesting reaction, I hope to share it with me in the comment area. Until the night of my article, I still think that I have a lot to ask him, and what I want to share with him can't be remembered on the spot. But still thank the machine nuclear, thank you for the nuclear fusion gave me the opportunity to meet Mr. Swen. In addition, I was fortunate to have chatted with many producers including Beiwei Taida. I am very much looking forward to working with more producers in this way, such as zero distance, large-scale communication, and even jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it's written in Chinese and Google Translation is... funky to say the least, but funny read regardless. See how Swen dancing around the subject of armor system.
Just as a general note, while Google Translate is good for many languages, it really, REALLY isn't for Chinese.
Personally, I use yandex or baidu for Chinese, but I don't know how they fare with such long texts.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just as a general note, while Google Translate is good for many languages, it really, REALLY isn't for Chinese.
Personally, I use yandex or baidu for Chinese, but I don't know how they fare with such long texts.
Google is good only for fixing spelling errors. When it come to translation it is bad.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Now available online: https://www.gamesradar.com/divinity...inity-original-sin-2-with-the-action-of-xcom/

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/01/bald...create-the-state-of-the-art-in-rpgs-10094263/

GC: Are you going to continue with the Divinity franchise as well?

SV: Well, we have Divinity: Fallen Heroes coming out. We have an external team working on it right now, which is Logic Artists – a Danish team. So they took all of the tech and they are making this Dragon Commander meets Divinity: Original Sin game where you have tactical battles, strategic decisions, and characters that are interactive and will grow in function based on the decisions you make. So that should be cool. So we’re not going to drop Divinity, that’s for sure.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Inb4 this happens to be the best game Larian has ever made, but it fails commercially because there is virtually no PR.

Yeah, that was always their biggest weakness. I mean, they were lucky with D:OS1 and then D:OS2 sold itself, but this time this could break their neck. On the other hand is Swen the guy that is like "If there's something to say, we will say it", so at least they post something, when there is something to say?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom