Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just to be clear I am really thinking about throwing my name out there to give it a go for Codexian glory ... :obviously: I think it would be a blast and I could really play it up.

Divinity: Original Sin
I see two outcomes:

We win: Top RPG of all time, maximum icline.
We lose: This game is popamole consolised shit with romances made for people who play with controllers anyway.

Talking about controllers anyway: Our champion will only play if it is Kb + M. :obviously:

EDIT:

What was the final count on the Watch fundraiser? is that number on their website up to date?

Aenra

With me I don't have a choice

This is off topic, and could quite possibly appear as demeaning, so disclaimer: utter, pure curiosity, no offense whatsoever, honest to god (assuming you are delluded enough to believe in one);

How do you play? Am honestly clueless (you know not how long i've been wondering this)

With me I don't have a choice and I would certainly extoll the virtues of the kb/m over the use of a controller which can lead to the awful condition of cosolitis. ;)

The point is that all gameplay videos they've show are made using the controller. Is it optimized for the keyboard and mouse, or did they fully embrace that cockeyed XB1 controller? In any case, the champion will play on their machines at home... It's funny how sometimes I picture things like the champions going to larian offices and play the game with swen behind them.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It would be a fun twist if this version could only be played with controllers; unfortunately, I suspect that HiddenX has much more experience with those than any of the potential Codex champions.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
What do controllers have to do with anything, when the game is a turn based slaughterfest.

By the by, if we want the optimal strat we need some live coaching for whomever is on twitch, like an internal comms channel where to plan strategies. The person out is not as much as our champion but the voice of the best player's committee.

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
The point is that all gameplay videos they've show are made using the controller.

There is a separate UI for keyboard and mouse (which has been shown in a few of the Twitch/Youtube streams, but at this point it is still pretty much the same as D:OS). Using controllers is required for local, split screen co-op (if that is being shown) and when moving a computer around and setting it up, a controller can be easier (for example, the XSplit show at TwitchCon just had chairs for the host and guest, no desk/table for a keyboard and mouse). Also, controller support is new, starting with the D:OS Enhanced Edition.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It would be a fun twist if this version could only be played with controllers; unfortunately, I suspect that HiddenX has much more experience with those than any of the potential Codex champions.

I don't have a controller or a console. Mouse, KB and PC only, nothing else. I have a headset and a micro but no webcam. I'm not into MMOs :)

Angthoron

Arcane
Just to point this out - our fundraiser deadline has been extended, tentatively to the 30th, so people that might get paid on Monday or so might still be able to take part.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ahaha, just found out that Avellone will put a bit of his creative hose into the game.
Codex has potential. ))

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
it's so fucking stupid. the watch is one person backing for 4k and a handful of other idiots. the codex is a proper community, with many idiots backing, proper-like.
the watch being on equal terms with the codex is fucking bullshit. fuck them and fuck larian and fuckj this stupid game
Wait, one guy donated 4k to the rpgwatch fundraiser?
:hmmm:

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is off topic, and could quite possibly appear as demeaning, so disclaimer: utter, pure curiosity, no offense whatsoever, honest to god (assuming you are delluded enough to believe in one);

How do you play? Am honestly clueless (you know not how long i've been wondering this)
Not at all demeaning or offensive my friend. Here is a picture of my gaming setup:
IMG_0192 (1024x768).jpg

Very simplistic and clean (I don't like clutter so no Doritos stains here!) and the biggest reason that I can game at all is the Trackball mouse sitting there. The two left mouse buttons I can easily press with the end of my arm, even pressing them both if needed. My right "thumb" as I call it sits on the trackball itself and that navigates the pointer or mouse-look if playing a 1st person-style game. The end of my right arm can also tap the two right mouse buttons to do whatever I assign them (like moving backwards, strafing, use of an ability, etc.). I can then easily tap a key on the keyboard if needed but really my mouse is my main input device. I've had this same mouse for more than 20+ years and another one for many years before this one! Not sure that helped give you a visual of my play style but maybe if the Codex picks me as their champion the Twitch stream would show me in action. :smug:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So far mindx2 and Darth Roxor have volunteered, right? Maybe they could play a match of D:OS (or other turnbased tactical) combat against each other later today to see who's better at it?

As a back up option, I would also suggest VentilatorOfDoom as a possible Codex champion.

Last edited:

mindx2

Patron
So far mindx2 and Darth Roxor have volunteered, right? Maybe they could play a match of D:OS combat against each other later today to see who's better at it?

As a back up option, I would also suggest VentilatorOfDoom as a possible Codex champion.
Can't do it today as I'll be in and out all day. How soon is Larian thinking about doing this thing?

Not at all demeaning or offensive my friend. Here is a picture of my gaming setup:
View attachment 6236

Very simplistic and clean (I don't like clutter so no Doritos stains here!) and the biggest reason that I can game at all is the Trackball mouse sitting there. The two left mouse buttons I can easily press with the end of my arm, even pressing them both if needed. My right "thumb" as I call it sits on the trackball itself and that navigates the pointer or mouse-look if playing a 1st person-style game. The end of my right arm can also tap the two right mouse buttons to do whatever I assign them (like moving backwards, strafing, use of an ability, etc.). I can then easily tap a key on the keyboard if needed but really my mouse is my main input device. I've had this same mouse for more than 20+ years and another one for many years before this one! Not sure that helped give you a visual of my play style but maybe if the Codex picks me as their champion the Twitch stream would show me in action. :smug:

I'm disappointed... I imagined you controlling games with mind +2 powers...

Last edited:

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, what is the newfag option for PM'ing Angthoron and claiming your reward? It seems PM is verboten for newfags...

Also: Yay for MCA, successful fund-raiser and the possibility of the codex bathing in the blood of it's enemies live on Twitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom