Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Outside of a few select items (which, granted, was freakishly powerful, but admittedly, it's hard to balance because otherwise people will say "What's the point of crafting?") I never really thought much about it, especially since most stuff was upgrades, which, frankly, is probably the best way to handle it.

Don't let people create items with crafting, only consumables, traps, fun items, maybe contraptions alla Arcanum etc. "Problem" fixed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"A month after its release, the inhabitants of the RPG Codex finished bitterly reminiscing about the things that annoyed them in the first game and finally remembered to load up Divinity: Original Sin 2."

Prime Junta

"A month after its release, the inhabitants of the RPG Codex finished bitterly reminiscing about the things that annoyed them in the first game and finally remembered to load up Divinity: Original Sin 2."

Hey, it takes some time to work up a proper hate-on.

PrettyDeadman

They fucked up with localizations. The game is shipped without them, and it was only announced 1 hour before the release. Millions of people from Polande, France, Russia, Germany and etc. are refunding the game.
Such a shame. It could've been a huge financial success.

Lacrymas

Arcane

...and immediately recoiled in horror as they realized they were stuck in a never-ending loop of decline, alla Groundhog Day.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They fucked up with localizations. The game is shipped without them, and it was only announced 1 hour before the release. Millions of people from Polande, France, Russia, Germany and etc. are refunding the game.
Such a shame. It could've been a huge financial success.

Anyone who can't at least read the Queen's English should not use a computer anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Well, if it was not in Early Access. Also it's not so popular in China (which consists a quarter of the PUBG sales.)

Well...

0q2m7mw.jpg

Now who gets the chicken dinner?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Reminding us about the weak parts of the first game will make the second game seem even better. This is simply fuel for the Hype-train.

:bounce:
[...]
Now who gets the chicken dinner?
He says, as I literally dig into a chicken dinner.

Beggar

Cipher
It is already cracked. Torrenting :outrage:
Where'd you find that? Is it the Steam version (and thus cracked for no fucking reason) or GOG?

Asking for a friend.

Swen, forgive me. Truly. :negative:
There was nothing to fix, so I hope not.

Could've used a better crafting interface, but that's about it.

It was freakishly overpowered, to the point of making found loot pointless, so there was something to fix. I don't think they fixed that, I don't think they fixed anything tbh.
Outside of a few select items (which, granted, was freakishly powerful, but admittedly, it's hard to balance because otherwise people will say "What's the point of crafting?") I never really thought much about it, especially since most stuff was upgrades, which, frankly, is probably the best way to handle it.

Edit: Give me all the decline you can. I truly deserve it. I'm sorry. :negative:

I'm downloading it from a native tracker with invitations. But it's everywhere at this point, RUTRACKER for example. I spent all my money on beer and kebabs, so it's a bit overhelming to buy it at this point. One day, one lovely day on a discount I will repay my hours sank into this game :positive:

Eh, I think Swen overreached a bit on this one, with the voice acting and localizations as a rush job.

Downloading. Another four hours left till I taste incline.

This time, unlike DOS, i didn't play early access much; so DOS 2 will be a fresh experience :excited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Woot, it's downloading. I expected GOG to be an hour or two late with that.
GOG actually handle releases extremely well, these days. The iffy thing have always been patching, but they've improved massively in the last years, unless the patch is unannounced and sudden, or really badly timed. And hotfixes are usually fucked up, because for some fucking reason, developers sometimes don't write out build numbers in the game and GOG insists on using their own fucking patching numbers/names for some asinine reason.

Yeah, I've noticed they've upped their game with those. I don't care to pay much attention to it, I'm not that much of a technical person (though Worms W.M.D. took criminally long to get its updates), but it does seem to happen quite frequently on newer games and even some older these days. One small thing I don't really get is why does every patch, big or small, create a new desktop shortcut for the game?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm downloading it from a native tracker with invitations. But it's everywhere at this point, RUTRACKER for example. I spent all my money on beer and kebabs, so it's a bit overhelming to buy it at this point. One day, one lovely day on a discount I will repay my hours sank into this game :positive:
Well at least I haven't had an income for months, so I can't even blow my cash on beer and kebabs. I'd actually shell out for the full game if I could. As much as I've sworn to not pre-order shit, I actually regret not buying when I still had cash.

Swen I swear, first windfall, earmarked for this. I swear. :negative:
Steam Top Sellers are regional.
Which region is "global top sellers" in?
I recall re-crafting the same sword, from the same stockpile of ingredients, every few levels for higher stats for the whole game.

Yeah you could get rid of that and nothing major would be lost.
Fair enough, I had forgotten that particular aspect, but now that you remind me, that was shit, yeah. If it would at least have been different things, but no, shit got better just because you were higher level. Fuck that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Fair enough, I had forgotten that particular aspect, but now that you remind me, that was shit, yeah. If it would at least have been different things, but no, shit got better just because you were higher level. Fuck that.

MMO design at its "finest". Even MMOs don't do this shit, they want different ingredients for higher level crafts. Level-locked loot is cancer.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There was nothing to fix, so I hope not.

Could've used a better crafting interface, but that's about it.

It was freakishly overpowered, to the point of making found loot pointless, so there was something to fix. I don't think they fixed that, I don't think they fixed anything tbh.

Agreed. It's an old pet peeve of mine: crafting systems that compete with itemization. KotC is the most clear example of how NOT to do this. Crafting systems should provide additional options, upgrades and supplement other systems, not override them.

UNLESS, of course, they're the focus of the game, and the loot system primarily exists to feed into them.

Fry

Arcane
Narrator audio can be disabled. This is the single option that might allow me to finish the game.

Still hate the way they did response prompts. *You reach into NPC's pants and jerk him off* Ugh.

Beggar

Cipher
Well at least I haven't had an income for months, so I can't even blow my cash on beer and kebabs. I'd actually shell out for the full game if I could. As much as I've sworn to not pre-order shit, I actually regret not buying when I still had cash.

Swen I swear, first windfall, earmarked for this. I swear. :negative:
Steam Top Sellers are regional.
Which region is "global top sellers" in?
I recall re-crafting the same sword, from the same stockpile of ingredients, every few levels for higher stats for the whole game.

Yeah you could get rid of that and nothing major would be lost.

Don't bash yourself buddy :positive:They'll be swimming in money in no time. Already hottest game on steam. It's GOTY written all over it. Leech it with no shame :positive:
bash.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom