Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter is Live

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

In case our new article didn't make that clear, Larian's Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign is now live. You can read the Kickstarter page and our article for the details, but in brief, the focus of Original Sin 2 appears to be choice and consequence based on the "origins" of your party members. Your party members will actually be able to compete with one another, working at cross purposes in the game's quests, a feature obviously built with co-op in mind. In addition, Larian are expanding the combat system even more and making an effort to improve their writing.

Although the game will be mostly self-funded, Larian are seeking $500,000 of crowdfunding to add additional features, which I assume will be revealed later on as stretch goals. An hour in, they already have over $100,000, so that probably won't be a long time from now. Here's the pitch video, which features an extended gameplay demonstration narrated by Swen Vincke:

You can secure a copy of Divinity: Original Sin 2 for $25 ($30 after the Early Bird tier runs out), although you may wish to wait for our prestigious Codex fundraiser. According to the Kickstarter page, the game is scheduled to be released on December 2016.

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  2. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    Wow, when was this announced?

Great news, and I especially like that the release date is at least 1.4 years away because I have yet to play Pillars of Eternity past the first village, Shadowrun: Dragonfall (and Hong Kong, though I will prob. play only 1 of them) and Arkham Knight. And we have Torment coming out this year.

I hope it gets pushed back even further to give them time to polish it properly; I know it's the same engine but the Dragon Age II fiasco should be a warning to everyone about pushing things out quickly to make a buck.

I also really hope they get Kwans &/or Brits to do the writing, editing and plotlines/questlines. I want a more serious game without the retarded 'humor' of the first, with a real story I can be invested in aside from good rpg combat and mechanics.

^ Top  
  3. likaq Arcane

likaq
    Rivellon = fearun = :negative:

I guess i will buy one more copy of AoD instead of D: OS 2.

^ Top  
  4. Turok Erudite

Turok
    It´s too multi for my taste.

^ Top  
  5. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Yeah, it's extremely multi. But I'm sure we can set up some friendly Codex co-op groups.

^ Top  
  6. Turok Erudite

Turok
    A codexian by definition is a solo player.

I backed the Original sin 1, i pass with this one, all new features are for co-op.

^ Top  
  7. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  8. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Sensuki Arcane Cuck

Sensuki
    Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
  10. Turok Erudite

Turok
    This is a error:

"Generations after the events of Divinity: Original Sin, the upstart Bishop Alexandar the Innocent has declared Source the sole preserve of the Divine Order. Sourcerers are now criminals, and those suspected of having Source powers are hunted, apprehended, and forcibly purged of their powers -- leaving only empty bodies, devoid of emotion or free will, behind."

Thats the tranquility thing on the fuking Dragon age origins.

^ Top  
  11. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Hell yes! Backed!

:takemymoney:

I'll throw in more if we do a Codex fundraiser.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. otsego Arbiter

otsego
    Bye bye $150, stoked they decided to go through the hassle of a physical edition that I can put on the shelf next to the other Divinity games. Greatly appreciated.

Larian should consider adding a tier in between the $125 and $300 mark, toss a shirt or something in there at a 200+ level.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Hope nobody gets the 10k pledges. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    It just broke 200k :dance:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    D:OS was able to provide a solid single player experience, despite the buzz about multiplayer. This should be the same; they just need to clean up the atrocious writing and optimize the engine better. D:OS was wayyyy more resource intensive than it needed to be.

edit: btw Infinitron whatever happened to the super patch promised for D:OS?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    It looks like the multi features will work in SP too, I wish they would have spent some time explaining that more.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Darkzone Arcane

Darkzone
    This time it seems that the D:OS 2 K will will exceed the million. 220k in two hours is not bad.

^ Top  
  19. V_K Arcane

V_K
    Is it just me or has the art style become somewhat more bearable?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I actually liked the more colorful artstyle.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Reserved the 25$ copy, will wait for further updates about SP stuff to see if it's worth keeping the pledge.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That's me.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. Turok Erudite

Turok
    Someone tell Sven to talk about Solo playing features in a video.

^ Top  
  24. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    We will.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)