Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

Vote for the Chris Avellone Stretch Goal: http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...ggestions/9290247-stretch-goal-chris-avellone

CoverBox_LAST_Kickstarter-TWITTER-FACEBOOK-2-1-1024x512.png

Leaked before official announcement: http://multiplayer.it/notizie/15469...tudios-annuncia-divinity-original-sin-ii.html

- Coming to PC and consoles edit: oops, I misread the article, there's no mention of platforms.
- Kickstarter at August 26th
- Present a prototype at PAX Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
I thought it'll be some new franchise. Either way time for the Second Original Sin.

kain30

Cipher
oh yes, oh yes, OH YES!!!!!:bounce:

i love OS. I hope this one will be as good as the first.

imweasel

Awesome!

:bounce:

I'm kind of surprised they are going back to Kickstarter although D:OS sold so well. But Kickstarter is a pretty good marketing tool, so why not.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Cool, but consoles already? I prefer the old approach where you make the PC game first and console port that shit ala the late 90s early 00s.

But, still, I like Larian so I'm glad this is happening.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sequel to last years personal GOTY of mine? I'm all in baby!

wow, the illustration is atrocious.
Uh, it's not "ugly art style" per se, it's just... Edgy spiky armors, ugh. My second least favorite kind of armors.
Then again the top leader in that chart and my absolutely least favorite is "giant pauldrons armor" which was heavily featured in the first game.

But I'm sure I'll have time to regret these words when character models will be shown and they will feature spiky armors *with* giant pauldrons and horned helms on top of that, too.

Oh fuck it, who cares. If it's anywhere near as good as the first I will play it anyway.

Also... should the darker tone of this cover art suggest that they listened to all the fuckers who whined against "light-hearted" writing and they are going for grimdark and edgy this time?
Because that would be a massive sin on your consciences; the light-hearted parts of D:OS were the most likable ones, while it turned rather dull every time it tried too hard to switch to "epic and serious".

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hoped for something new too, but then again, I wasn't expecting Original Sin II. All is well in the world.

I still hope for the other project, whatever it is, to be something other than a Divinity game.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Uh, it's not "ugly art style" per se, it's just... Edgy spiky armors, ugh. My second least favorite kind of armors.
Then again the top leader in that chart and my absolutely least favorite is "giant pauldrons armor" which was heavily featured in the first game.
The problem lies in composition.
In Original Sin, despite retarded armour, the composition was great which imo. saved the cover from being generic:
bdbX4Fg.png

The good news is that the bottom right female looks elfish and you have lizardmen here, maybe other races will be playable.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Awesome! Still wondering who is in charge of coming up with names for their games though, jesus christ.

Sjukob

Arcane
I like D:OS , but I don't want the sequel/prequel . I was hoping that they will come up with something new .

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
BTW, I actually read the article and it doesn't say that this is coming to console. The platforms mentioned are about the first game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom