Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Look, you still need to play it five more times to confirm you don't like it. Get moving.

You mean 500 more times, right?

The "seven times" meme came about because infamous crank skyway once confessed to having completed Knights of the Old Republic seven times.

Someone also found a list of his top-rated games that was quite embarassing, though I don't have it saved

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Someone also found a list of his top-rated games that was quite embarassing, though I don't have it saved

Two questions (feel free to ignore and/or make shitty jokes):

• Is it known how the list was located?
  • Any notable inclusions?

Dux

Arcane
When I inevitably buy this game - which version should I choose? Enhanced or Classic?

KateMicucci

Arcane
The boner baron's jester had a better VA in classic too. I was surprises that they changed it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I still haven't beaten this game ffs. I play on Popamole 4 because I'm a dirty peasant.

My current party:

MC - Mage. gonna do some strength boosting gear and some shields + glass cannon. Will get Hydro and Pyro to 4 for Hail and Meteor.
MC - Ranger. Dex + Per + Speed. nothing special really beyond one point in Geomancy for Spider and Oil.
Madora - Only Melee character worth using, amusing dialog. Basically a middle Alabama girl transported to a fantasy setting. She chucks grenades: southern people in America are good at football so ti works.
Jahan - aka, Jafar from Aladdin but with Storm magic and hates demons. Not giving him glass cannon but it's tempting. My supplementary mage. Also some Geomancy for Spider/Oil/Boulder and Witchcraft for Oath and Rapture. He's condescending.

Wolgraff steals and unlocks shit on the side and I made Bairdotr my crafting bitch because fuck NPCs that can leave my party because I didn't choose the right dialog options. fuck fuck fuck that shit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Iznaliu

Arbiter
When I inevitably buy this game - which version should I choose? Enhanced or Classic?

The EE comes with the classic version. I'm actually not sure that the Classic is available normally.

Prime Junta

MC - Mage. gonna do some strength boosting gear and some shields + glass cannon. Will get Hydro and Pyro to 4 for Hail and Meteor.

Meteor is a pretty bad high-level spell IMO, all it does is direct damage + Burning. If you only pick two to raise to 4, go with Witchcraft for Invulnerability instead, then use yourself as bait to open encounters.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like they're going to do Chinese localization for D:OS EE: https://steamdb.info/app/373420/history/

branches/ee_cn/

Chinese took over Steam so it was a matter of time, but I didn't think they would start with the first game. Much potential considering that both games have around 3% of Chinese owners (according to SteamSpy) without official language support.

I guess this also will be the test to find out how many CRPG players in the rising Chinese Steam users. Aa far as I can find, there are very few CRPGs with official Chinese language support right now (Lords of Xulima, BG:EE, Might & Magic X).

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is there a Japanese translation already? I am playing Witcher 3 in Japanese and it is, without irony, glorious. They hired mad expensive VA talent.

GERARUTO, TASUKETEKURE!!
SHIRIIIIIII

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Is there a Japanese translation already? I am playing Witcher 3 in Japanese and it is, without irony, glorious. They hired mad expensive VA talent.

GERARUTO, TASUKETEKURE!!
SHIRIIIIIII

Yes, but it is PS4 only and has no Japanese VO. (Funnily Witcher 3 and D:OS both localized and published by Spike Chunsoft in Japan.)

Perkel

Arcane

GERARUTO, TASUKETEKURE!!
SHIRIIIIIII

Speaking of which this reminds me that they even localized priscilla song to moon speak and it sounds good for my plebian ears.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh right, the Chinese localization is available now, in case anyone's interested.

0.gif

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Coming to the realization that there will never be a proper incline to D:OS, I reinstalled classic.

7YeQYzJ.png

Are there any good mods for classic version? Perhaps something that puts in tactician?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

GERARUTO, TASUKETEKURE!!
SHIRIIIIIII

Speaking of which this reminds me that they even localized priscilla song to moon speak and it sounds good for my plebian ears.

not sure about the audio quaity at some points, but nice overall.

so is the french:

I had bought D:OS1 on release and shelved it because reasons. After 4 years I picked it up again and have put about 35 hours in, I'm at the Luculla mines and level 14.

The game has taken a nosedive in quality ever since Cyseal, Hiberheim was alright I guess but very silly. There hasn't been a challenging fight in about 20 hours, and there's been an incredible amount of filler on the way to the mines themselves. The tedium is only compounded by the lethargic enemy animations that you can't skip for some reason (developers should have taken a hint from turn-based strategy games where there's a combat speed option for just this purpose).

Many little things are hampering my enjoyment of the game in addition to this, not the least being the absolute atrocious itemization. Even the unique items are extremely boring and nothing really feels like a power spike except levelling up, which is just terrible design.

Is there a reason to keep playing? I think I'm just going to drop it for good.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Not really. Just wait until you realize that next level powerful items rely on a skill/ability that you have not levelled.

I enjoyed it enough to get my money's worth out of it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I was about to say you might as well at least get to the end of Luculla, but then I remembered the Enhanced Edition made the game worse instead of better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom